+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2/13: UAB game

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Re: 2/13: UAB game

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    We were pressing at the line and the guard pivoted his foot back across the line. He had possession in the front court prior to that. After everyone else saw it and hollered, he moved forward again and passed. Might have been around 5:00 2nd?
    The player has to be completely in the front court and then go back completely into the backcourt. Fans commonly think there is a backcourt violation when it is not.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    The player has to be completely in the front court and then go back completely into the backcourt. Fans commonly think there is a backcourt violation when it is not.
    Ah so straddling the line is still legal?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: UAB Red Out game Saturday at 1 pm

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    True dat!

What happened to Hamiton's free throw stroke?
    He's still one of our better ft shooters at 71% but his conference % is just below 70%. It was nice to see him hit a couple of big 3's Saturday though!
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that you have to completely cross half court in order to cross into backcourt. But, I'm pretty sure once you're established in front court, you don't have to completely cross half court to constitute a backcourt; one foot or dribble behind half court is a turnover.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    I agree that you have to completely cross half court in order to cross into backcourt. But, I'm pretty sure once you're established in front court, you don't have to completely cross half court to constitute a backcourt; one foot or dribble behind half court is a turnover.
    I inartfully stated the rule. The point I was trying to make was ball and every part of the player with the ball has to be completely in the front court or they are still consdidered to be in the backcourt without violation. That is why the straddle situation is not a violation. A dribbler can even get both feet in the frontcourt and have the ball being dribbled behind the line and go back across the line without violation.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I inartfully stated the rule. The point I was trying to make was ball and every part of the player with the ball has to be completely in the front court or they are still consdidered to be in the backcourt without violation. That is why the straddle situation is not a violation. A dribbler can even get both feet in the frontcourt and have the ball being dribbled behind the line and go back across the line without violation.
    Which is why spin moves and cross over dribbles can often look like a violation.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I will agree that there were several times our press slowed them down enough at the time line that a violation could have been called and you may not have gotten much of an argument from UAB.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Our RPI jumped 30 spots with this win

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Get ready for it to drop again, even with two wins this week.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The Saturday win or both Thursday and Saturday?

Maybe our RPI will end up helping UAB get an at large when we win the C-UAB tournament in Birmingham.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    The Saturday win or both Thursday and Saturday?

Maybe our RPI will end up helping UAB get an at large when we win the C-UAB tournament in Birmingham.
    ohhhhh I see what you did there, silly man.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    ohhhhh I see what you did there, silly man.
    Wish I could take credit. Sean and Nick B went there last week. I thought it was fitting for C-USA MBB.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Glad I didn't check before or any over the last few weeks! We sit at 112 a spot behind SFA. Third in CUSA behind MTSU at 80 and uab at 99.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Wish I could take credit. Sean and Nick B went there last week. I thought it was fitting for C-USA MBB.
    They must've read the comment I made on here awhile back. They should really cite their sources

+ Reply to Thread