+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Phil Conners - How Long????

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Phil Conners - How Long????

I've looked all over BBB and was shocked not to find a thread addressing this critical issue. In the movie "Groundhog Day", how long did Bill Murray's character, Phil Conners, re-live the same day? This is going to be a tough problem to solve, but it must be done.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Phil Conners - How Long????

It would have to be long enough for Phil Connors to master ice sculpting, piano playing, 18th-century French poetry, and learn the details of the people in the town.

I heard once in an interview with Harold Ramis (film's director) that Phil repeat the day for the span of maybe 10,000 years.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    It would have to be long enough for Phil Connors to master ice sculpting, piano playing, 18th-century French poetry, and learn the details of the people in the town.

I heard once in an interview with Harold Ramis (film's director) that Phil repeat the day for the span of maybe 10,000 years.
    I feel like most folks could learn to play piano as well as he did in maybe 5 years. The ice sculpting possibly 3 to 5 of those same years. Fluent French maybe 2 to 4 years. But in all the times I've seen the movie I have never learned a clue that gives any factual basis for a solid theory.

I watch Groundhog Day again and realized I still don't know HOW LONG

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

This was the definitive quote from Ramis:
    "I think the 10-year estimate is too short. It takes at least 10 years to get good at anything, and alloting for the down time and misguided years he spent, it had to be more like 30 or 40 years… People have way too much time on their hands. They could be learning to play the piano or speak French or sculpt."

+ Reply to Thread