+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Wyly Tower to be demolished

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Wyly Tower to be demolished

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    BTW, what do the Wyly Brothers think of all of this?
    +

Well, one is dead and the other is fighting to stay out of jail. I guess it's not high on Sam's thought process list.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Details! Details!

Okay, how 'bout the Wyly family then?

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    You talking about Harper?
    All dorms i stayed in gone or going--Kidd, Pearce, Graham, Harper. Funny that 45 years ago we made fun of the poor souls who had to live in Dudley and Aswell, as they were the ancient out-of-date ones. Lived in business building, and it's gone. Wyly was brand new. Pool was new but with no roof. So pretty soon nothing will be left that i spent my time in. Stinks getting old.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Cutie. I was there a few years before you. What's left? Men's dorms -- Mitchell (scheduled to be demolished), Robinson, Cottingham, Richardson, Jenkins and McFarland (being used for God knows what); class room buildings-Bogard, Niethken, Carson-Taylor and Madison; other - Keeney, Old Art Building (original library), Howard, Wilson, Tolliver, student center, library, Memorial Gym, bookstore. I don't know all the Women's Dorms. Gone? Hale, Thatcher, Hutchinson, Carruthers, Nielsen, English Building, Chemistry Building, Business Building, and Lomax.

Does anyone still call the student center the "tonk"? That's what we called it, and I understand that was left over from the previous student center.

There used to be a street where the Alumni Bricks are, all the way down to past Tolliver and the bookstore was in the student center building facing that street. There was also a small cafeteria right next door which I believe was closed when they opened Wilson. This cafeteria was in addition to the grill in the student center. So really the cafeteria(s) in the student center now is (are) just a revival of that one.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

RhythmDawg, that supposed to be me? Lol. If so, getting there but not quite. And, yeah, Houston, a good many are still left. I'm just lamenting the ones i spent 95% of my time in are gone or on chopping block.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    RhythmDawg, that supposed to be me? Lol. If so, getting there but not quite. And, yeah, Houston, a good many are still left. I'm just lamenting the ones i spent 95% of my time in are gone or on chopping block.
    ha ha. No not you. Just a visual commentary on today's society performed by the great philosopher, and my good friend, Mr. Bean.

A picture is worth at least a thousand words. This gif might be an encyclopedia.

Here is one for Houston so he doesn't feel left out...

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Some days I feel that way.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Lots of fond memories. It is a shame whenever places are removed, and change is such that the old places don't exist anymore, as you experienced them.

For instance, the old Coffee House, in the basement of Tolliver. Lots of great times there.

+ Reply to Thread