+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baseball. LA Tech Baseball Releases 2016 Broadcast Schedule

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Baseball. LA Tech Baseball Releases 2016 Broadcast Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    It happened to me too. I've listened to parts of the other games and asked me to subscribe today...what is the deal?
    Same here. It wouldn't let me listen. So I had to follow along with our tweeter, who appeared to be drunk. The @LATechBSB twitter account embarrassed the university yesterday.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    The team's success on the field made the broadcast attractive to more people. Perhaps the decision was made to charge for the broadcast rather than stream it free.
    But I'm pretty sure my paid account is up-to-date and I couldn't log in even after changing the password.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Perhaps, but if that was the case Tech fans are owed a heads up just like the heads up we got telling us it would be free. Does our AD care enough about Tech fans to let us know or will it just be more hidden rumor mill mess?
    He only cares about a certain select few high donors. He's too good for the common folk.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    But I'm pretty sure my paid account is up-to-date and I couldn't log in even after changing the password.
    Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    He only cares about a certain select few high donors. He's too good for the common folk.
    Oops--Tyler, does this mean you didn't make the cut? That can't be true...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Oops--Tyler, does this mean you didn't make the cut? That can't be true...
    ? Who is it you speak of?
    I'm lost as usual I guess. I couldn't log on to the last baseball game.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Same here. It wouldn't let me listen. So I had to follow along with our tweeter, who appeared to be drunk. The @LATechBSB twitter account embarrassed the university yesterday.
    Maybe they need to leave off the last "B"
    Good old Memorial Gym

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Maybe they need to leave off the last "B"
    cookie cutter accounts drive me crazy. we need @DiamondDawgs, @LadyTechsters, @DunkinDawgs, etc

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Our AD is responsible. He is at the top of the flow chart. His minions need to stop making excuses for his lack of ability.
    Louisiana Tech University sold its media rights (relieves them of any responsibility or authority) to the Louisiana Tech University Foundation for $200,000 per year. The Louisiana Tech University Foundation sold those rights (relieves them of any responsibility or authority) to Learfield for a sum in excess of $600,000 per year. Learfield owns the rights and responsibility for our media relationships and can tell us to stick it if they want so long as we do not violate the terms. It is to their benefit though to squeeze and secure as much money as they can to cover their $600,000 and I would suspect are doing their best but you can be assured they wont stick their nose out unless they feel it is financially worthwhile.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    Louisiana Tech University sold its media rights (relieves them of any responsibility or authority) to the Louisiana Tech University Foundation for $200,000 per year. The Louisiana Tech University Foundation sold those rights (relieves them of any responsibility or authority) to Learfield for a sum in excess of $600,000 per year. .
    That $600,000 figure was supposed to escalate to over $1 million by now. What is the number for 2016?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Louisiana Tech University sold its media rights (relieves them of any responsibility or authority) to the Louisiana Tech University Foundation for $200,000 per year. The Louisiana Tech University Foundation sold those rights (relieves them of any responsibility or authority) to Learfield for a sum in excess of $600,000 per year. Learfield owns the rights and responsibility for our media relationships and can tell us to stick it if they want so long as we do not violate the terms. It is to their benefit though to squeeze and secure as much money as they can to cover their $600,000 and I would suspect are doing their best but you can be assured they wont stick their nose out unless they feel it is financially worthwhile.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah...heard it all before. Our AD won't get involved in anything that might ruffle feathers. Again, he has leverage over Learfield. It's called a contract and Learfield is bound to provide a service along with the money they pay Tech.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    That $600,000 figure was supposed to escalate to over $1 million by now. What is the number for 2016?
    There is no escalation clause. Learfield pays the flat $600,000 PLUS a percentage of any amounts they take in excess of that base figure. So far they have not had an excess thus could actually be losing money on the deal.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

There is no escalation clause. Learfield pays the flat $600,000 PLUS a percentage of any amounts they take in excess of that base figure. So far they have not had an excess thus could actually be losing money on the deal.
    There may not be an escalation clause, but Louisiana Tech was sold a bad bill of goods if $600,000 is still the number. Tech was promised much more. Terrible deal for Louisiana Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    There may not be an escalation clause, but Louisiana Tech was sold a bad bill of goods if $600,000 is still the number. Tech was promised much more. Terrible deal for Louisiana Tech.
    We were not promised anything except a percentage of any media income in excess of $600,000 or so per year. Now, as to whether or not this was a terrible deal I will agree completely. Any questions should be directed at a gentleman named Dooley.

Big Dog Avi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the rough Avi8r's Avatar

Explain it like I'm five please.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We were not promised anything except a percentage of any media income in excess of $600,000 or so per year. Now, as to whether or not this was a terrible deal I will agree completely. Any questions should be directed at a gentleman named Dooley.
    We've signed another contract long since Dooley left.

+ Reply to Thread