+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So what happened?

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Re: So what happened?

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Green for you.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Just another reminder of an important message: "Please Don't Feed the Trolls."
    Good old Memorial Gym

Varsity Bulldog cajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your time cajunfanatico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Just another reminder of an important message: "Please Don't Feed the Trolls."
    Here's another downgrade story to ignore.

La Tech one of 8 universities on review for credit downgrades.

http://theadvocate.com/news/14966384...dit-downgrades

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Misery does love company don't it cajin.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

About a year ago S&P put ULL on its negative credit watch list along with some other Louisiana universities. Tech wasn't one of them. Now Tech's getting looked at by Moody's. It's a function of the obvious statewide budget problems. We're all in the same fiscal boat and if the Legislature and Governor don't get their act together, we'll all be underwater.

But you guys are closer to the Gulf so you're going down first. One obvious advantage to being on the high ground.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfanatico View Post
    Yep.

Varsity Bulldog cajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecajunfanatico Ultimate jerk and not worth your time cajunfanatico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    "The uncertainty for (fiscal) 2017 state funding may adversely affect enrollment, as decisions on the state budget, including scholarship availability, will coincide student choices for fall 2016" - Advocate article

Well, of course enrollment is in jeopardy...and thus, the ability to pay back stuff...and thus the "review" of credit. Not sure why you choose to be the mail carrier, CF...while I don't particularly care for the tone of most of your posts, you are intelligent and usually witty. You're smarter than this...

The bigger question for me was, why isn't La-Lafayette on the list? I know your student body has a high percentage of TOPS students also.
    Uh, I think we already made that list, or a similar one, which is sort of my point. If I recall correctly, there was lengthy discussion on this site about our program when a potential bonding issue or something similar was on the horizon a number of months ago. We discussed it extensively at our site as well and pointed out to those who might find comfort in the news that they should tread cautiously because we were all pretty much in the same boat in the ULS system. It appears our advice was well-founded.

And while I understand the propensity of sports fans to look for any chink in the armor of their opponents and to play that up, there is a definite cone of silence on this site as it relates to certain subjects. We pretty much hang our dirty laundry out for all to see, and then have knock-down, drag-out fights amongst ourselves as we discuss the issues.

Sorry for dropping unsavory news into your mailbox.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for dropping unsavory news into your mailbox.
    Based on your comments about us on other sites, I highly doubt that.

And since you bring up ULL's recent reclass (2013?) and the posts here, I DISTINCTLY remember a few of the snoddy, ill-informed comments you referenced. But I also remember several others, who understand how this stuff works, saying something to the effect of, "people who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones."

Pretty good advice for all of us given the current environment.

Based on your comments about us on other sites, I highly doubt that.

And since you bring up ULL's recent reclass (2013?) and the posts here, I DISTINCTLY remember a few of the snoddy, ill-informed comments you referenced. But I also remember several others, who understand how this stuff works, saying something to the effect of, "people who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones."

Pretty good advice for all of us given the current environment.
    Really? I can imagine myself making some snarky comments, but absolutely doubt I made ill-informed comments. I'm pretty good about not talking out of my ass.....that's to say, making assertions I can't back up.

Since you recall them "distinctly", please repeat a few and I'll tell you if I authored them. BTW, in reference to a LaTech subject, I do recall posting a pic of a glass house on another site.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Louisiana Tech University downgraded from Carnegie R2 High Level Research to R3 Moderate Level Research.

The only reference on the interwebs I can find about this story is a recent NewsStar report that deals mainly with ULM being upgraded to R3. There are numerous older stories to be found about the significance of Tech reaching R2 status, but zero reports on the downgrade.

Fewer PhD's awarded, cuts in research funding, loss of staff? Hard to believe the complete silence from the Tech administration on what had otherwise been an important component in the university's propaganda blitz.
    Nope, actually we are a victim of our own success, we had more PhD's awarded but didn't have the same ratio increase in research funding. Thus our PhDs/$ ratio index that Carnegie calculates went down, they then randomly splits universities into 3 equal grouping and the one year they looked at we fell on the wrong side of that line;

similar to Dartmouth https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...clusive-group/

I think the "Numerous" reports are in reference to our Tier 2 status from USNews, ultimately the Carnegie "downgrade" is disappointing but it's was a function of a switch in gears as Tech is increasing their PhD output.

I've never paid much attention to Carnegie, for instance Dartmouth, Auburn, Miss State, Jackson State, and Idaho all in the category...

Our goal is to increase or SREB category which is what the state uses to segregate the schools.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

La Tech one of 8 universities on review for credit downgrades.

http://theadvocate.com/news/14966384...dit-downgrades
    9 Months after ULL got their downgrade from S&P...

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/new...atus/26777171/

Really? I can imagine myself making some snarky comments, but absolutely doubt I made ill-informed comments. I'm pretty good about not talking out of my ass.....that's to say, making assertions I can't back up.

Since you recall them "distinctly", please repeat a few and I'll tell you if I authored them. BTW, in reference to a LaTech subject, I do recall posting a pic of a glass house on another site.
    You misunderstood my comment.

You stated, "If I recall correctly, there was lengthy discussion on this site about our program when a potential bonding issue or something similar was on the horizon a number of months ago."

I was agreeing with your recollection. I was acknowledging ("distinctly" remembering) we had some of our posters making ill-informed, snoddy comments about your situation, and OTHERS saying, correctly, "those in glass houses should not be throwing stones"

Thanks for again proving me correct about trying to have a civil conversation with you people. Y'all don't want it. EVER.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

No benefit is to be realized by throwing pearls to swine.

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Nope, actually we are a victim of our own success, we had more PhD's awarded but didn't have the same ratio increase in research funding. Thus our PhDs/$ ratio index that Carnegie calculates went down, they then randomly splits universities into 3 equal grouping and the one year they looked at we fell on the wrong side of that line;

similar to Dartmouth https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...clusive-group/

I think the "Numerous" reports are in reference to our Tier 2 status from USNews, ultimately the Carnegie "downgrade" is disappointing but it's was a function of a switch in gears as Tech is increasing their PhD output.

I've never paid much attention to Carnegie, for instance Dartmouth, Auburn, Miss State, Jackson State, and Idaho all in the category...

Our goal is to increase or SREB category which is what the state uses to segregate the schools.
    Good old Memorial Gym

You misunderstood my comment.

You stated, "If I recall correctly, there was lengthy discussion on this site about our program when a potential bonding issue or something similar was on the horizon a number of months ago."

I was agreeing with your recollection. I was acknowledging ("distinctly" remembering) we had some of our posters making ill-informed, snoddy comments about your situation, and OTHERS saying, correctly, "those in glass houses should not be throwing stones"

Thanks for again proving me correct about trying to have a civil conversation with you people. Y'all don't want it. EVER.
    You are correct, I misread your original post. However, I don't think my response was in any way, uncivil, though I understand that you guys are sometimes sensitive.

Being uncivil would be like the Tech fan who called me a liar for stating that your basketball program had gotten its tit caught in the ringer in the early 1990's for NCAA infractions. He's never apologized.

+ Reply to Thread