+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Micki on the first team

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Micki on the first team

Great interview by Malcolm and Micki on the first Lady Techster team for Legends night Saturday night:
    https://youtu.be/Dk9Np5dXWCk

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Re: Micki on the first team

Wow! Wonderfully interesting interview, especially for a newby like me to hear. Thank you for posting that, Champion.

But Malcolm was so un-professional: he missed numerous opportunities to ask long-winded questions just to show how much he knew, or how much prep time he'd put in ... he let Mickie tell her stories without interrupting her ... and he didn't even pose questions that effectively end with "don't you agree with me?"

Sorry, but Malcolm will never get an offer from ESPN or the major networks exhibiting those kind of interview skills.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    Wow! Wonderfully interesting interview, especially for a newby like me to hear. Thank you for posting that, Champion.

But Malcolm was so un-professional: he missed numerous opportunities to ask long-winded questions just to show how much he knew, or how much prep time he'd put in ... he let Mickie tell her stories without interrupting her ... and he didn't even pose questions that effectively end with "don't you agree with me?"

Sorry, but Malcolm will never get an offer from ESPN or the major networks exhibiting those kind of interview skills.
    So true.......... He will never be a REAL professional. hahaha

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post

No attempt at off-handed humor here: Nice job by Malcolm covering all the bases.

Love the part where Mickie encourages Sonja to do some recruiting on some HS girls who LSU was looking at.
    "I got in the car with her and we went to see them." Mickie's first efforts at a recruiting career.

It was a 19:51 straight,mostly unedited, interview.
    No graphics. No highlights. Just Mickie telling it like it was.
    42 years is a long time ago, but she nailed it. Pretty much like I remember it.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    ...Just Mickie telling it like it was. 42 years is a long time ago, but she nailed it. Pretty much like I remember it.
    Me, too, Dawgpix. Mickie and I were sorority sisters and I was a student-worker in the basketball office, so I was pretty close to the beginning of the Lady Techsters. Looking forward to seeing some of our legends Saturday night.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    Me, too, Dawgpix. Mickie and I were sorority sisters and I was a student-worker in the basketball office, so I was pretty close to the beginning of the Lady Techsters. Looking forward to seeing some of our legends Saturday night.
    . . . and a good student worker at that!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

She made some interesting comments about Taylor and my mind immediately jumped to the levels of support between Reneau and Guice...I NEVER saw DR at a game (men's games twice that I remember), but Guice is at every home game he can.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

ahhhh but she said mid-major! nooooo

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Taylor was a big supporter of Tech athletics. I remember a men's basketball game where the officials were atrocious. Memorial gym. Taylor sort of got in the official's face and the official push Dr Taylor away. State troopers had to get between them.

I also remember him being at the pep rallies before the State Fair game. Bon fire and all.

He supported the Lady Techsters all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    ahhhh but she said mid-major! nooooo
    I caught the same thing. I gave her a pass, because we were in a lower division in football at that time - so we could have been considered that. However, we need to teach all our coaches and fans that there is no such term.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Taylor was a big supporter of Tech athletics. I remember a men's basketball game where the officials were atrocious. Memorial gym. Taylor sort of got in the official's face and the official push Dr Taylor away. State troopers had to get between them.

I also remember him being at the pep rallies before the State Fair game. Bon fire and all.

He supported the Lady Techsters all the way.
    I give him credit for really pushing athletics as far as he could. He was a good man and believed in supporting all our teams. I remember some of those altercations. He was not shy about speaking his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I caught the same thing. I gave her a pass, because we were in a lower division in football at that time - so we could have been considered that. However, we need to teach all our coaches and fans that there is no such term.
    Yes, to be fair, that would have been a *more* correct (or less wrong) term at the time.

Those who use the term now are either inadvertently or on purpose keeping us stuck in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Yes, to be fair, that would have been a *more* correct (or less wrong) term at the time.

Those who use the term now are either inadvertently or on purpose keeping us stuck in those days.
    Totally agree!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread