+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Delivery Question

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Delivery Question

Do any of ya'll know of a restaurant in Ruston that delivers, that isn't super expensive, and that isn't pizza?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Delivery Question

No.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

The Chinese place on the corner of Vienna and California used to deliver when I was going to Tech. Not sure if they still do. I think it had to be a certain dollar amount, but they'd deliver on and around campus.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Have no clue how this place is. I've seen the ad on top of a cab in town. http://www.yourfood2go.com/

Seems like the cab company picks up and delivers for you.

Big Dog Avi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the rough Avi8r's Avatar

There is actually a company that delivers food from selected restaurants in Ruston.

http://www.yourfood2go.com/

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I met Jon several months ago. Several conversations with the guy. Seemed like he would do a good job. I would trust him to bring me a meal.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Avi8r View Post
    There is actually a company that delivers food from selected restaurants in Ruston.

http://www.yourfood2go.com/
    Tried this out tonight. 5 stars. Delivery was about an hour, which is about what I would expect (it was around 7ish). Never leaving my house again.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Tried this out tonight. 5 stars. Delivery was about an hour, which is about what I would expect (it was around 7ish). Never leaving my house again.

Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

So tell us about it. How much did the delivery service add to the cost of the food?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

I saw a business card in FineLine for a similar service: "Dine-1-1". I don't think they have a website though, it was just a phone number or two. I didn't try it out so I can't comment any further than that.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    So tell us about it. How much did the delivery service add to the cost of the food?
    Trying to remember the original cost, but I think it was about $5 or so. Not bad at all.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

I use Chef Taxi here in Monroe, and I have no complaints. They tell you up front to expect an hour wait, and they have not eclipsed that time in the 5 or 6 times I've used them so far. They charge $5.99 for the delivery service which doesn't go to the driver, so tips are encouraged at the standard 15-20% rate, same as a pizza driver. Being a veteran of Johnny's myself, I tip extremely graciously as I know that using their own gas and vehicle can and does incur high expenses down the road.

I use it when I either (A) don't feel like cooking on a Saturday/Sunday night, (B) want something in particular I can order through them, but am tied up with something else, (C) have already started drinking for the evening which led to A, or (D) all of the above.

Trying to remember the original cost, but I think it was about $5 or so. Not bad at all.
    No, that is very reasonable, and I can see where it would come in handy.

I remember fondly the late nights of ordering a muffaletta sandwich from Pisa Pizza or Cushino's and getting it delivered to Caruthers Dorm. Wrapped in aluminum foil, it would arrive piping hot. I would eat a whole sandwich. (That was when I weighed 140-something.)
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Boy what a racket. Charge 5-10 dollars to deliver food some one else makes and then don't pay your delivery driver. What the hell is the 5-10 dollars for?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Boy what a racket. Charge 5-10 dollars to deliver food some one else makes and then don't pay your delivery driver. What the hell is the 5-10 dollars for?
    The service makes arrangements with various eateries and drivers. Nobody said they don't pay the delivery drivers, just that then entire service fee does not go to the drivers.

+ Reply to Thread