+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M. Basketball. LA Tech Takes on UTEP on CBS Sports Network

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: M. Basketball. LA Tech Takes on UTEP on CBS Sports Network

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    He doesn't have the depth. Konkol brought in no one this year, although Washington sometimes looks promising for the future.

Team looks out of shape to me, compared to the teams of the past 3 years.
    I agree with you. This team looks out of shape and doesn't have a clue about playing defense in the paint. It's a very lackadaisical looking team. Donald Trump would describe this team as "low energy". Very frustrating to watch.

On a coaching front, I honestly thought we should have gone to the defensive press much earlier. Our press seemed very effective once it was finally deployed. It slowed UTEP's offense from moving the ball down the court so quickly (keeping them out of the paint), and it forced several turnovers.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

The altitude in El Paso is approximately 3,500 to 4,000 feet above sea level. It seems like I read or heard somewhere that there's only around 90% of the oxygen available in the air there compared to Ruston. I know the lower oxygen level was noticeable to me the first couple of days I was there for the C-USA tournament, but I'm old and out of shape.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    We should NEVER lose. There is absolutely no excuse for it. We should be undefeated every year.
    For the life of me, I don't get why everybody doesn't understand that. Losing a game is totally unacceptable and should not be tolerated.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    For the life of me, I don't get why everybody doesn't understand that. Losing a game is totally unacceptable and should not be tolerated.
    Yes. No one in the entire LA Tech fan base understands this except you and Tech77. Thank God we have you two guy's to remind us diffident minions of our limitations.
    Last edited by HogDawg; 02-21-2016 at 08:50 AM.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

My memory may not be serving me well, but for 4 years it seemed that Speedy was the heart and soul of the team. As his attitude went, so went the disposition of the team. Hamilton can take over a game offensively, McCree shows flashes, and Boykins plays good defense a majority of the time. However, it would appear that we don't have a high energy court general on our bench anywhere. Like Calipari said the other night, his guys don't need him during the game. I know you are talking about a lineup of all Americans at KY, but the concept is the same. Put in a game plan and execute it. During a game, the team has to pull itself out of a hole sometimes cause the coach doesn't play.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    He doesn't have the depth.
    twss

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

I wished it would've been better, but the first half was too much for us this time around. We struggled offensively in the first half and got back to slinging it around the perimeter. Alex drove and Jesn took the ball to the basket in the 2nd. As a result, we played better offensively and got to the line.

Defense is a different story. Sometimes Holden is dominant and at times absent. Sheppard is more consistent but less of a threat. McCree did not seem like himself. He seemed hesitant, and McCree had been playing fiercely. I hope that knee heals up.

That road trip to end the year will be a tough one.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

is it a stat any where to correlate between free throw and 3pts shooting? is it a common sense to think when a player is not a good FT shooter then he/she may not be a good 3pt shooter?

+ Reply to Thread