+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SBNation, All 129 major college football teams as pokemon.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

SBNation, All 129 major college football teams as pokemon.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...on-this-is-fun

This list left me in stitches.
    Conference USA

Charlotte: What are the odds Charlotte becomes a top program? Farfetch'd.

Florida Atlantic: Kinda weak, but with the potential to grow into something powerful, thanks to their recruiting footprint. Easy to confuse with the other program that sounds just like it. Nidoran.

Florida International: Same thing. The other Nidoran.

Louisiana Tech: Louisiana Tech has been sneaky decent, but also has a penchant for doing random things, like say, turning down a perfectly good bowl game. Let's go withClefairy, a Pokemon famous for randomness.

Marshall: Can beat up lots of weak programs. "Keeps its face buried in the ground," says the Pokedex, to avoid being ranked by the Playoff committee despite winning all the time. Also, their fans are weird. Oddish.

Middle Tennessee: MTSU is Kangaskhan, an angry, punching, kangaroo-looking Pokemon that keeps its child in its pouch. MTSU keeps its child as its quarterback.

North Texas: Has useful fundamentals (located in Dallas, winnable conference), but it isn't very good. Looks like it can shoot something resembling oil out of its nose. We guess that's Horsea, a seahorse-like Pokemon.

Rice: Okay, we said we'd stick to first generation Pokemon, but we'll make an exception for Rice, which is clearly Hoothoot, an extra smart owl Pokemon. Hoothoot's Pokedex entry says "inside Hoothoot's body lies a special organ that senses Earth's rotation, allowing it to keep track of time," which feels very Rice.

Old Dominion: Poliwhirl. A plucky, water-focused program that's a decent bet to break through with a little bit of luck.

Southern Miss: After everything this program has been through, it's well-acquainted with grit and grime. But it's strong enough to rise through it all. Grimer, a Pokemon made of actual slime.

UAB: Starfish are famous for being able to regenerate limbs that have been chopped off. That sounds a little like UAB, a program that actually died, but then came back to life. So Staryu, a starfish Pokemon, it is.

UTEP: Way out in the middle of nowhere, where it's easy to forget about. Kind of like Pinsir, a weird beetle nobody ever bothered to catch. Also, if there's one place where a bug that big might live, it's El Paso.

UTSA: Bulbasaur. A newly seeded program and the "seed Pokemon." All the potential in the world, but would need a lot of careful guidance to realize it.

Western Kentucky: One of the best in the conference, built on a deadly offense. That sounds like Raticate, a rat that is one of the strongest attackers in the early game.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: SBNation, All 129 major college football teams as pokemon.

When I read something like this my "dislike of the Indy Bowl peeps" goes up.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like something a junior high kid wrote.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I was enjoying that article until they repeated the old misinformation. We need someone who can direct the information of sports, especially in this area.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I was enjoying that article until they repeated the old misinformation. We need someone who can direct the information of sports, especially in this area.
    The Indy Bowl folks along with most every state official helped to spread and enjoy this misinformation.

I suppose we did "turn down" the offer under the terms given.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    When I read something like this my "dislike of the Indy Bowl peeps" goes up.
    Me too, MD.

Varsity Bulldog LeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the rough

Hahah I googled clefairy and instantly remembered it from when I played Pokeman as a kid. I'm okay with it

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

I don't understand Pokeman names so this article makes no sense to me.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    I don't understand Pokeman names so this article makes no sense to me.

+1. I don't know anything about Pokémon. Probably because I spent my high school and college years doing other stuff. Like going out with women.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter and I had a pokemon battle just this weekend. The girl LOVES pokemon, so did my son.

+ Reply to Thread