+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball. @LATechBSB Knocks Off No. 6 UL-Lafayette in Home Opener

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2/24: UL Lafayette Game

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    They are knocking us for starting our ace for a mid-week game. Really? Why wouldn't you for a nationally ranked team.
    Quote Originally Posted by OakTechDawg View Post
    They are delusional and looking for excuses (except that one guy who I think was quote above here somewhere). I support starting the Ace against an instate rival and/or top 10 team no matter what day of the week. The kid only had 102 pitches so its not like he had 200 pitches (like one poster on their board said). I support the move by Coach win or lose. We are trying to win and that we did!
    They are delusional, to be sure. But they are liars as well. These tidbits are among ULL's starting pitcher's 2015 numbers:

2015 Season
    Was a perfect 5-0 on the season in 16 starts…Ranked second in the Sun Belt Conference in starts…Finished second on the squad in innings pitched throwing 86.2 innings while posting a 4.05 ERA…Tied for third on the team with 56 strikeouts…Was the only pitcher to make a start in every weekend series during the regular season…Also made starts in the SBC Tournament and the NCAA Houston Regional…

Let's repeat: the only pitcher to make a start in every weekend series. So, maybe he wasn't a weekend starter in their first weekend series of 2016, but he's an ace.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    We cheated like we did against UL (monroe version) by pitching a good pitcher against them. Nothing about them pitching a pitcher we knocked the crap out of...
    And yes another excellent coaching hire by our AD.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

They are making a big deal about pitch count because it is nearly 200 pitches in 2 outings. Admittedly, I don't know if he threw once already. However, it is February. If he needs rest, he can get it before conference play.

Big Dog Avi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the rough Avi8r's Avatar

On top of the big win for Tech. LSU lost to Lamar.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi8r View Post
    On top of the big win for Tech. LSU lost to Lamar.
    LSU lost 11-12 and blew an 8-0 lead in their game.

Big Dog Avi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the rough Avi8r's Avatar

I think this will continue our non conference win streak. Might be a new record.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Avi8r View Post
    I think this will continue our non conference win streak. Might be a new record.
    We lost to UNO Sunday.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball Baseball. @LATechBSB Knocks Off No. 6 UL-Lafayette in Home Opener

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech (3-1) gave fans something to cheer for in its home opener Wednesday night as the Bulldogs defeated No. 6 UL-Lafayette, 6-2, in front of 2,095 in attendance at J.C. Love Field at Pat Patterson Park in Ruston.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

This was my favorite on raginpagin, "I understand it's a marathon you don't have to tell me. We just need to realize that Tech is a rival, and we need to start treating it like one." So now they're going to get serious since we kicked their butt in baseball.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    They are delusional, to be sure. But they are liars as well. These tidbits are among ULL's starting pitcher's 2015 numbers:

2015 Season
    Was a perfect 5-0 on the season in 16 starts…Ranked second in the Sun Belt Conference in starts…Finished second on the squad in innings pitched throwing 86.2 innings while posting a 4.05 ERA…Tied for third on the team with 56 strikeouts…Was the only pitcher to make a start in every weekend series during the regular season…Also made starts in the SBC Tournament and the NCAA Houston Regional…

Let's repeat: the only pitcher to make a start in every weekend series. So, maybe he wasn't a weekend starter in their first weekend series of 2016, but he's an ace.
    So ULL threw last year's weekend starter against us... Hypocrites! And we knocked him out after 4.1 innings!

Clancy had a full 4 days rest after throwing only 80 pitches. That's how every single MLB program does it. It's not like he was pitching on short rest. Even if we did throw Clancy on short rest, he still has to get his midweek bullpens in whether it's in a game or not. And why on earth would Friday night against UTA matter more than a midweek vs. ULL? It doesn't. We aren't in the Belch with ULL and UTA. Just shows their ignorance. Clancy will be able to get some innings in against UTA this weekend if we need him. It's the opening week of college baseball, and most pitching rotations will change anyway. C-USA play doesn't even start for a month so it's not like the rotation really even matters yet. I hope Goff squeezes every possible inning out of our best players, especially against LSU, ULL, and ULM. I love how Goff plays to win every game.

Anyway... How bout them Dawgs?! Great win! Tremendous outing by Clancy. It's always fun beating U-La-La, especially when they think they're fielding their best teams ever!
    Last edited by Dawg06; 02-25-2016 at 01:31 AM.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Why I never go to the C-USA board anymore -- Because every thread I ever click on gets hijacked by ULL trolls pimping their JUCO. Why aren't those ULL trolls banned? It's a shame the mods let ULL trolls ruin our conference's message board. http://csnbbs.com/thread-771288.html

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Baseball. LA Tech to Host Little Rock, #13 UL-Lafayette to Open Home Slate

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    I make allowances during tax season to go to basketball games as a break from the grind. But I may have to make a special allowance to go to the ULL game tomorrow. Just have a feeling about the game.
    Had to work late so I missed going but my feeling was right! How Bout Them Dawgs!!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    And yes another excellent coaching hire by our AD.
    I certainly hope so, but you certainly don't have much to go on yet.

Year one went well considering. If we get in the conference tournament this year I consider year 2 a great success. He told us when he was hired that he would have to go heavy juco to get us going. He has done the heavy juco part. Nice win last night for sure.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Re: Baseball. LA Tech to Host Little Rock, #13 UL-Lafayette to Open Home Slate

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Had to work late so I missed going but my feeling was right! How Bout Them Dawgs!!!
    Opening day of the home season against a highly ranked (in-state) team and I missed the game. Something must have been up.

We planned to go to the game, but my wife came home from school feeling bad and she had fever. She did ride with me to pick up our season tickets at will call, but we left without going into the ballpark. My hope was that she would feel better and we could sit somewhere isolated from the crowd. However, she never felt well enough. Oh well, the good news is that we still have a lot of home games left.

I saw a lot of folks standing in line to get concessions and several in line to get tickets. I saw Cajun stickers on several cars in the parking lot. Hopefully, someone will give an estimate of the crowd breakdown - Dawgs fans vs. Cajuns fans.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

From the Sunbelt board...

LaCajunsFan
    posted:
    Yes, tough loss for sure. But you are grossly overreacting. This was their CWS and to win it with the pitching rotation they used is something that Robe would never do. Thankfully. The second half of this in April, at the Tigue.

Keep in mind too that lsu lost to Lamar last night. This is baseball so even the big guys fall to the little fellas every now and then.

Redwolves06 posted:
    After this years performance by The Cajuns, they have the right to call y'all ULL, ulala, Lafayette, little brother, etc. killed y'all on football, double digit wins in men's and women's basketball and now in yalls best sport.

I have to laugh when I hear "this is their cws." That's a rivalry and your boys should be up to play. They should bring it all regardless of the opponent.

+ Reply to Thread