+ Reply to Thread

Thread: W. Basketball. Defense Falters in @LATechWBB Loss

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Rice W. Basketball. Defense Falters in @LATechWBB Loss

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech will wrap up its regular season road schedule Saturday afternoon when the Lady Techsters play Rice at Autry Court at 2 p.m.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Face Rice Saturday at 2 p.m.

Game Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GO TECHSTERS!

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Holy crap these officials are terrible. Ticky tack fouls all in Rice's favor of course. Rice already in the bonus, and I don't think Rice has been called for a foul yet.

1st
    4:55

Rice 11
    TECH 6

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Cleaver, Santos, Vasquez on the bench with two.

2:26 in the first

Rice 14
    Tech 9

End of 1st

Rice 20
    TECH 16

HALF

Rice 44
    Tech 36

3rd - 7:40

Rice 49
    Tech 45

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for posting, tigtoo30. I just got home and was eager to catch up!

So far, familiar sounding story. But the girls know now that they can prevail in this kind of game. Wonder if we'll press to start the 2nd half?

Don't think we can. Anthony and Moten with 4 fouls, and lots of others with 3. Even the Rice commentator mentioned that half the team would foul out if the refs kept calling it so ticky tack.

End of 3rd

Rice 64
    Tech 59

Tech tied it up, but a 3 and foul gives them a 5 point lead.

Now we can't hit the broad side of the barn.

3:44

Rice 73
    TECH 65

Final

Rice 84
    Tech 77

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. Defense Falters in @LATechWBB Loss

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Brooke Pumroy and Brandi Wingate combined to score 50 points but it was the Louisiana Tech defense that faltered as the Rice Owls prevailed 84-77 at Tudor Fieldhouse Saturday afternoon in Conference USA action.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not one to blame things on the refs, but this was the worst called game I have ever seen. REALLY bad! Anyway, we have to pick ourselves up and get ready to finish strong at home heading into the tournament now!

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

Re: W. Basketball. Defense Falters in @LATechWBB Loss

Any thoughts on the defensive slump?

I know the refereeing has been pitiful. But trained, conscientious, unseasoned referees tend to make more calls based on positions and poses, rather than contact that creates an unearned advantage.

So are we getting calls for being slow to the spot, slow to react, having our feet out of position and trying to make up for it with long arms? Are we tired? Do freshmen today still hit that next-level wall?

I assume LaTech has a full-time athletic department nutritionist ...or should I?

Re: W. Basketball. Defense Falters in @LATechWBB Loss

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOrange View Post
    Any thoughts on the defensive slump?

I know the refereeing has been pitiful. But trained, conscientious, unseasoned referees tend to make more calls based on positions and poses, rather than contact that creates an unearned advantage.

So are we getting calls for being slow to the spot, slow to react, having our feet out of position and trying to make up for it with long arms? Are we tired? Do freshmen today still hit that next-level wall?

I assume LaTech has a full-time athletic department nutritionist ...or should I?
    There were calls that were just unbelievable. Again, I don't like to blame games on refs, but this was shocking. Once we each had 3 or 4 fouls, we really lightened up a lot.

+ Reply to Thread