+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Goes Cold in Loss to Marshall

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Hosts Marshall Thursday

Wonderful, near-perfect play Tyler dialed up at the end. Officials decided they were tired of screwing us.

We will now need a W on Saturday to avoid a losing season. Unlikely to happen against WKU.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Goes Cold in Loss to Marshall

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech shot a season-low 25 percent from the field but it took a Norrisha Victrum running one-hander with 1.1 seconds to play to lift Marshall to a 54-52 win over the Lady Techsters before 1,803 fans at the Thomas Assembly Center Thursday night.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

boy wonder is not getting much done

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

This is disheartening. Looking at a losing season...again.

Planning to be in Ruston tomorrow for the WKU game. Maybe the creeks will rise and I'll be spared the anguish of watching Boy Wonder bumble his way thru another coaching disaster.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Goes Cold in Loss to Marshall

I think he should get one more year, but that is it...If not for his last name or the big fact that few of us care anymore folks would be screaming now..

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It was a rough game, but it was not Tyler's fault. He will get MUCH more than one year. The program was so down, most of us knew it was going to be a big climb to get it back up.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

We have not improved at all from Year 1 to Year 2. We may have even regressed some.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    It was a rough game, but it was not Tyler's fault. He will get MUCH more than one year. The program was so down, most of us knew it was going to be a big climb to get it back up.
    He's a good coach, just a lot of the fundamentals are taking longer to come together than we want.

The last play was excellent. He used the new rule to advance the ball to the coach's line, then had Brooke throw a beautiful dime to T under the basket. 0.001 seconds faster and it would have worked.

We shot free throws pretty well for most of the game. I don't think Marshall missed. We missed a few (including a technical) that of course ended up being the difference. First half the fouls were extremely disparate. We went to the line once.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

It takes a special "type" of athlete for his coaching approach. Hope he can find them.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    +1

Coach Barmore told me back in December that a good class was coming in for 2016-17 and he expected "things to break loose" as far as consistent success the middle of 2016-17. Said we were much further down than most people realized and the culture had to be changed. Tyler has only ONE hurried recruiting class playing right now in our freshmen. Tyler's a campuswide/communitywide asset who WILL BRING THE WINS. Talk of one more year is ludicrous.

And I'm one who CARES. Missed one home game (first one due to HS football duties) all season.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    +1

Coach Barmore told me back in December that a good class was coming in for 2016-17 and he expected "things to break loose" as far as consistent success the middle of 2016-17. Said we were much further down than most people realized and the culture had to be changed. Tyler has only ONE hurried recruiting class playing right now in our freshmen. Tyler's a campuswide/communitywide asset who WILL BRING THE WINS. Talk of one more year is ludicrous.

And I'm one who CARES. Missed one home game (first one due to HS football duties) all season.
    Great post and so true!!!!!!!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Not interested in talk. Talk is cheap.

I also call BS on the "program being further down than we thought." That reeks of politicians blaming their predecessors for all of their own short-comings. If Summit can coach it would be obvious by now. Is it?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Not interested in talk. Talk is cheap.

I also call BS on the "program being further down than we thought." That reeks of politicians blaming their predecessors for all of their own short-comings. If Summit can coach it would be obvious by now. Is it?
    It is to me - the discipline and off the court mess has been cleaned up. The wins will come. I think you would give most coaches a few years before judging. Coach K. has done a great job in a short time with the men's team, but he had a LOT to work with - credit where it is due, though. The Techsters were starting by cleaning up. You will have your opinion, though, and that is your right, so no argument from me. I just think you will be surprised as time goes by........

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    We may have even regressed some.

No sugarcoating that this season is something of a disappointment. I was expecting something like 20-10, top 4 in CUSA, SOME KIND OF POST SEASON PLAY. Top 4 CUSA would have pretty much guaranteed WNIT, heck even a pay-to-play would have been ok, just SOMETHING POST SEASON. Home loses to Prarie View, McNeese, Marshall are hard to accept. We're 2- 5 the past seven games, will have to win a couple in the tournament to avoid a losing season. I'd expect every young lady and every coach to says this season's results are disappointing and not satisfactory. I KNOW they expected better.

This said, THIS SEASON HAS BEEN NOTICEABLY BETTER TO WATCH. We are building a foundation, I've got more confidence in this year's team beating anybody on our schedule (gotta REALLY come together) than I have in 3 - 4 years. Against Marshall three starters shot 4 of 28. That's an anomaly, coaches can't shoot the ball for them. I still have confidence we can beat WKU, UTEP, any of 'em on a good night. Didn't have that last year.

Still VERY OPTIMISTIC about our program under coach Tyler and staff!! And I'm gonna be there every game to enjoy it as it happens!!

+ Reply to Thread