+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring Showers

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Spring Showers

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Bodcau Lake has gone up 12 feet in the last 3 days. It's now 15 ft above normal pool.
    I remember camping out on the Boucau Reservoir before it filled with water in about 1961 or 1962.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Who funds this? Taxpayers?

Big Dog Avi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the rough Avi8r's Avatar

Roads are flooded all through Georgetown. Parts of 165 and 167 are under. Rumors of power being turned off temporarily tonight.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Who funds this? Taxpayers?
    I want to say non-profits, like the United Way, run them. They may get grants. The NELA United Way took over 211 statewide (with the technical help of CenturyLink) during Katrina and did a fantastic job.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I want to say non-profits, like the United Way, run them. They may get grants. The NELA United Way took over 211 statewide (with the technical help of CenturyLink) during Katrina and did a fantastic job.

This is correct. I was at the United Way office in Ruston fielding calls Thursday and this morning.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

The one thing I wish was much clearer is the purpose of 2-1-1. It was frustrating for callers who were led to believe we could give them current road conditions or any type of monetary assistance with lost personal property. Seems like victims were led to believe calling us was a direct line to FEMA or other disaster relief assistance.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    The one thing I wish was much clearer is the purpose of 2-1-1. It was frustrating for callers who were led to believe we could give them current road conditions or any type of monetary assistance with lost personal property. Seems like victims were led to believe calling us was a direct line to FEMA or other disaster relief assistance.
    After Katrine, 211 was that source. This thing popped up so fast, it took a couple of days to realize the shear magnitude of the pending damage.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    After Katrine, 211 was that source. This thing popped up so fast, it took a couple of days to realize the shear magnitude of the pending damage.

Yes, nobody expected this kind of destruction. The rains were forecast very accurately as far as when and how long. It's the amount they missed on so badly. Calling for up to 8 to 10 inches in 3 days had many of us scoffing. Then it ended up being close to 30" in 4 days (so far).

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I'm just hoping this doesn't mean a very dry summer is ahead. Wouldn't mind one of these types of weekends per month.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I'm just hoping this doesn't mean a very dry summer is ahead. Wouldn't mind one of these types of weekends per month.
    After a weak winter and all this rain it means mosquitos, bugs and pestilence out the wazzoo!

Mosquitoes' rapid spread poses threat beyond Zika...

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    Just wondering if any BBBers are flooded? Thankfully I'm not.
    I live(d) in the garden district in Monroe, and my place is a total loss. Saved some clothes, daily essentials, and some odds and ends, but all furniture is not salvagable. The house probably isn't either. The water line inside was over 2 feet high when I finally got a chance to survey the damage. Luckily, I landed on my feet because I have awesome parents putting me up until I can figure things out.

Most of the garden district is in the same situation if the house wasn't elevated. Mt landlord's place a half mile away flooded as well.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Sorry for your loss B4S. So many of our neighbors lost most or everything. These next 5 days and what the river does are so important to us all.

Varsity Bulldog eddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really nice eddawgfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    I live(d) in the garden district in Monroe, and my place is a total loss. Saved some clothes, daily essentials, and some odds and ends, but all furniture is not salvagable. The house probably isn't either. The water line inside was over 2 feet high when I finally got a chance to survey the damage. Luckily, I landed on my feet because I have awesome parents putting me up until I can figure things out.

Most of the garden district is in the same situation if the house wasn't elevated. Mt landlord's place a half mile away flooded as well.
    So sorry about your house. Glad you can stay with your parents! So many people are in shelters and motels.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post

So sorry for the loss!

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Thanks everyone! We'll be fine. Luckily all we lost is just stuff and is entirely replaceable. MD, you're right about the river. That is making me really nervous.

+ Reply to Thread