+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple TV

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Apple TV

A lot of the channels (fx, amc, etc) allow you to stream their shows if you hsve cable/satellite authentication- so if your parents/kids have cable...

I'm so ready to give up Satellite except for the fact that comcast limits our data. If u-verse internet would come to my neighborhood I would cancel DirecTV

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Data caps are the harbinger of Armageddon.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I haven't researched that yet because I can't seem to get a complete channel line up to compare.
    Amazon, Hulu and Netflix are ala carte services that rotate content that you can watch on-demand. Sling fills in the cable channel gap. Go look at their lineup. There is like 23 channels in the basic package - $20/mo.

https://www.sling.com/

Local channels are not to be found streaming that I know of, so be prepared to have a real antenna for that.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    Amazon, Hulu and Netflix are ala carte services that rotate content that you can watch on-demand. Sling fills in the cable channel gap. Go look at their lineup. There is like 23 channels in the basic package - $20/mo.

https://www.sling.com/
    Good lookin' basic package (cue 967)

No FOX News, but HGTV so the wife is happy.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Fox News and the NFL are common barriers to folks cord cutting. I use an antenna for Saints games and could care less about Fox News. It was an easy decision for me.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Roku has a Fox News Channel https://channelstore.roku.com/detail...x-news-channel (not sure if it requires cable authentication)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

could care less about Fox News.
    could not care less

I may have missed it in an earlier post, but what do you do for an ISP?

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't read much about it, but Playstation TV (or whatever they're calling it) is talking about live events and sports. Anyone know much about this? I assume cord cutting is getting pretty close to being the norm in most areas.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    could not care less

I may have missed it in an earlier post, but what do you do for an ISP?
    Been doing cable internet / DSL depending on who is going to give me a better deal for years. Been with Cox for a while though ...

Been doing cable internet / DSL depending on who is going to give me a better deal for years. Been with Cox for a while though ...
    Comcast is fine here for internet except they are now limiting data depending on the cable service you purchase. They force you to buy the "triple play" with includes a land line that I've never had connected. Such a rip off!

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/#4

$30 bucks a month plus a one time $40 for a fire stick (if you don't own a gaming platform already) =

Sports fans will want to zero in on the Core Slim package, which offers All ESPN channels, All Fox Sports channels, Big Ten Network, Golf Channel, NBCSN and SEC Network.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04 View Post
    https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/#4

$30 bucks a month plus a one time $40 for a fire stick (if you don't own a gaming platform already) =

Sports fans will want to zero in on the Core Slim package, which offers All ESPN channels, All Fox Sports channels, Big Ten Network, Golf Channel, NBCSN and SEC Network.
    what do you do for Internet ?

+ Reply to Thread