+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama Supreme Court Nominee

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Re: Obama Supreme Court Nominee

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Obama played this perfectly. This guy is CLEARLY to the right of who Hillary would nominate and he's in his 60s. The Senate either capitulates or they risk whatever young liberal judge Hillary nominates...after down ticket republicans are slaughtered by Trump or the Brokered Candidate.
    If Hillary wins, none of this will matter. This nation will go the way of the Soviet Union. Perhaps that's for the best. The liberal northeast and the left coast are such diametric opposites of the rest of the country that I no longer think we belong united.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    If Hillary wins, none of this will matter. This nation will go the way of the Soviet Union. Perhaps that's for the best. The liberal northeast and the left coast are such diametric opposites of the rest of the country that I no longer think we belong united.
    I've been thinking this for sometime. If the country is so split and can't come to terms... On anything, why not just split and let liberals have their on country and conservatives have theirs? (I already know the answer to that)

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I've been thinking this for sometime. If the country is so split and can't come to terms... On anything, why not just split and let liberals have their on country and conservatives have theirs? (I already know the answer to that)
    Is that the goal? Everyone in lock-step, thinking the same thoughts, no disagreement or discourse, no compromise...hmmmm...

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Is that the goal? Everyone in lock-step, thinking the same thoughts, no disagreement or discourse, no compromise...hmmmm...
    Because the long term effect of compromise is that slowly liberals get everything they want and slowly conservatives lose everything they want. That is the result of the semi-continuous legislative process. Each year calls for new compromises and conservatives are generally against change.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Because the long term effect of compromise is that slowly liberals get everything they want and slowly conservatives lose everything they want.
    It would help if the GOP knew how to govern-which they have shown over and over that they don't.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    It would help if the GOP knew how to govern-which they have shown over and over that they don't.
    Citations needed.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Citations needed.
    Maybe open your eyes. The GOP needs to learn how to govern their own party first before they can even think about governing the country.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Republican voters are lost. I couldn't tell you what the vision of the base is. We clearly don't like what the politicians are doing. There are very few social conservatives left. No one seems to want to deal with entitlements or the debt. Constitution, smonstitution. I think we are down to only agreeing with each other on border security, maybe.... which makes a Donald Trump appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I think we are down to only agreeing with each other on border security, maybe.... which makes a Donald Trump appealing.
    But even that becomes problematic and a point of disagreement down the road when Trump discovers that Mexico isn't going to pay for the wall and the taxpayers are going to have to come up with at least $25 Billion to build something that Trump said we would get for free.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Republican voters are lost. I couldn't tell you what the vision of the base is. We clearly don't like what the politicians are doing. There are very few social conservatives left. No one seems to want to deal with entitlements or the debt. Constitution, smonstitution. I think we are down to only agreeing with each other on border security, maybe.... which makes a Donald Trump appealing.
    That's probably as good a summation of the situation in the GOP as I've heard. I know I'm done with the GOP establishment, which probably means I'm done with the GOP.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

You're right, I think arguing about everything is the way to go. What was I thinking ?

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    You're right, I think arguing about everything is the way to go. What was I thinking ?
    I'm pretty sure disagreement was the basis for this country. Perhaps that supports your argument for a formal division of the country. Or perhaps a lack of critique leads to complacency and regression.

Of what answer were you speaking when you said why not just split and let liberals have their on country and conservatives have theirs? (I already know the answer to that) .

I'm pretty sure disagreement was the basis for this country. Perhaps that supports your argument for a formal division of the country. Or perhaps a lack of critique leads to complacency and regression.

Of what answer were you speaking when you said why not just split and let liberals have their on country and conservatives have theirs? (I already know the answer to that) .
    There was lots of disagreement between the founders on various things, but they found a way to put differences aside to make things work. They weren't there to try and get rich or make a name for themselves like the "servants" we have today. Nothing wrong with disagreement if you can find a way to overcome those differences for the good of the people. There's no political will to do that today because they're getting filthy rich serving in a government job with a guaranteed safety net once they're finally kicked to the curb.

I was only joking about dividing the country. It wouldn't be long before the half I chose would be in the same shape as we're in now.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Atlas Shrugged

Big Dog BearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud ofBearDawg137 has much to be proud of

LaTech Re: Obama Supreme Court Nominee

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    But even that becomes problematic and a point of disagreement down the road when Trump discovers that Mexico isn't going to pay for the wall and the taxpayers are going to have to come up with at least $25 Billion to build something that Trump said we would get for free.
    Those "payments" will come from the loss of income that Mexico will lose from more business to the U.S. and higher tariffs. Trump never said that Mexico would hand him a check specifically for a wall? Further, if a wall is built and policed, it probably would actually help Mexico, as it would most likely reduce the burden of thousands of economic migrants trying to walk through Mexico to reach the U.S. Thus, Mexico would probably have less illegal migration of its own to deal with, which could very well help it to crack down on internal crime better, as it would be able to keep track of its own citizens, and not reinforcements for the Cartels from the rest of Latin America (esp. Columbia, El Salvador).

Just a thought.

+ Reply to Thread