+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obama Supreme Court Nominee

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Re: Obama Supreme Court Nominee

Quote Originally Posted by BearDawg137 View Post
    Trump never said that Mexico would hand him a check specifically for a wall?
    Trump in his own words: "...and I will have Mexico pay for that wall, mark my words".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0GMcYD2Oz8

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    Trump in his own words: "...and I will have Mexico pay for that wall, mark my words".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0GMcYD2Oz8
    How, specifically?

"We are going to do it, and the wall just got 10 feet higher."

...no further questions, your honor.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    How, specifically?

"We are going to do it, and the wall just got 10 feet higher."

...no further questions, your honor.
    That's exactly the kind of impetuousness and reactivity I don't want to see in a president.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    If Hillary wins, none of this will matter. This nation will go the way of the Soviet Union. Perhaps that's for the best. The liberal northeast and the left coast are such diametric opposites of the rest of the country that I no longer think we belong united.
    Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I've been thinking this for sometime. If the country is so split and can't come to terms... On anything, why not just split and let liberals have their own country and conservatives have theirs? (I already know the answer to that)
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Atlas Shrugged
    Yeppers!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Last edited by JuBru; 03-28-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Reasonableness is an important characteristic in leaders.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Reasonableness is an important characteristic in leaders.
    Exactly. I think they should spend the next six months "Borking" the guy and then voting him down.

I am amazed at how many times I hear stuff like "we will see how this nominee feels about the second amendment". Like it's in the wheelhouse of a justice to re-write the constitution based on "feelings" about some article or another.

I think if there is not a history of full devotion to the principles of the constitution (and not the stuff they wish was in the constitution), there is no path forward regardless of eduction or experience or anything else.

I am all for hearings, accompanied by public ridicule and political grandstanding (just like Bork and Thomas had to endure).

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Exactly. I think they should spend the next six months "Borking" the guy and then voting him down.

I am amazed at how many times I hear stuff like "we will see how this nominee feels about the second amendment". Like it's in the wheelhouse of a justice to re-write the constitution based on "feelings" about some article or another.

I think if there is not a history of full devotion to the principles of the constitution (and not the stuff they wish was in the constitution), there is no path forward regardless of eduction or experience or anything else.

I am all for hearings, accompanied by public ridicule and political grandstanding (just like Bork and Thomas had to endure).
    I agree--how one "feels" about the constitution is irrelevant. Are "Borking," public ridicule, and political grandstanding considered reasonable, in your opinion?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

I agree--how one "feels" about the constitution is irrelevant. Are "Borking," public ridicule, and political grandstanding considered reasonable, in your opinion?
    Yes. They are established precedent at this point. Not using them would be detrimental to whatever your views are since they are used against you. Ignoring this precedent would be like going to a gun fight with a pocket knife.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Most liberals have chosen to look down their noses at what they applauded back in the day when Bork, Thomas, and others were being raked over the coals.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Yes. They are established precedent at this point. Not using them would be detrimental to whatever your views are since they are used against you. Ignoring this precedent would be like going to a gun fight with a pocket knife.
    Honorable and reasonable men and women could do better, but I get it. They won't.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Most liberals have chosen to look down their noses at what they applauded back in the day when Bork, Thomas, and others were being raked over the coals.
    I disagree. They only look down on these behaviors when they are aimed at one of their own.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Borking and Thomasing were considered reasonable by the dems/libs. Hum.....how tolerant.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

As time goes on, I think Republicans should rethink their strategy.

+ Reply to Thread