+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New La. HS association proposed

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Re: New La. HS association proposed

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Football and baseball. WM didn't want any of Ridgedale back in the day.
    Those guys had 3 sets of players on offense and defense and would send wave after wave. Not only were they physically superior but when many on your own team were going both ways, it was epic defeats. David Kellogg would have 3 rushes for 210 yards. I think he went to NLU.

Our claim to fame in 1984 was that we were the only team to hold them scoreless in a quarter (3rd quarter). I think we still lost the game 70-7.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    A lot of Tech grads attended LISA schools.... Wayne Smith, Dickie Crawford,......
    That is what was so cool about LISA. You played against the same people from 7th grade through high school. Not only did you compete against them, but many of them became good friends. We would date people from Ridgedale, PDA, CA, Riverdale, etc.

When people hear my graduating class was 24, they think "poor guy", but when I went to college I probably knew 150 people from LISA schools. I knew more people than anyone from Captain Shreve or Airline thought about knowing the first day they walked on campus. LISA was a great experience...MAIS (as a parent) not so much.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Wow. Take a step back from the water cooler.
    You are the one who seems to be drinking the LHSAA kool aid at the water cooler.

I recalled this morning that WM's lack of ability to beat Evangel in the Dome was not lack of talent, it was lack of coaching.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    That is what was so cool about LISA. You played against the same people from 7th grade through high school. Not only did you compete against them, but many of them became good friends. We would date people from Ridgedale, PDA, CA, Riverdale, etc.

When people hear my graduating class was 24, they think "poor guy", but when I went to college I probably knew 150 people from LISA schools. I knew more people than anyone from Captain Shreve or Airline thought about knowing the first day they walked on campus. LISA was a great experience...MAIS (as a parent) not so much.
    How many old LISA schools still play in the MAIS?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    OK, MD you're right.

YOU'RE ALWAYS RIGHT. (There I said it)

But in the meantime, ease off on the hate. You and I have NEVER had a discussion today or any day about Evangel, the Dome or whatever you're making up.
    No hate. Not drinking the LHSAA kool-aid does not equal hate. I used Evangel as a talking point because they are the prime example (Along with John Curtis) as "The Reason" for this mess. BTW, we have discussed Evangel and the Dome more than once.

If you have a point please make it instead of making these cryptic post.

How many old LISA schools still play in the MAIS?
    Riverside
    Glenbrook
    Claiborne
    River Oaks
    Riverfield
    Prarie View
    Briarfield
    Tallulah Academy
    Tensas

I may have missed a few. Not sure about down south. Some of the above are now playing 8 man football. I had heard that Prairie View will be getting out of the Miss. system before this new deal came up.

Cryptic Crickets?

No stance, just against change.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

I played for Woody Boyles back in the day. He was one hell of a coach!

RiverDALE
    Glenbrook
    Claiborne
    River Oaks
    Riverfield
    Prarie View
    Briarfield
    Tallulah Academy
    Tensas

I may have missed a few. Not sure about down south. Some of the above are now playing 8 man football. I had heard that Prairie View will be getting out of the Miss. system before this new deal came up.
    Fixed it for ya. Riverside is in LHSAA.

Fixed it for ya. Riverside is in LHSAA.
    Isn't Riverdale in Coushatta still up and running?

I'm very familiar with Riverside of Reserve. That's who we beat in the state championship back in the day.

Yes. They seem to be holding their own. I think oil field money a few years ago helped them out a lot.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Yes. They seem to be holding their own. I think oil field money a few years ago helped them out a lot.
    And Almond brothers lumber.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

I grew up a good ole LISA boy...back when there were 1 AA and two A districts in Shreveport area alone. Plus 1 A and 1 AA in the Monroe area.
    I attended one of those single-A LISA schools in Shreveport.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

A lot of Tech grads attended LISA schools.... Wayne Smith, Dickie Crawford,......
    Rita Rust

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

It cost money to start up. Guarantees to/from venues, refs,etc.. Also, no annual dues like LHSAA has been screwing schools out of to build unneeded admin facilities.

I hope it destroys the LHSAA bureaucracy.
    No doubt the LHSAA has had poor leadership in the past (mainly K.H.), and I'm not so sure about the new guy, but there's no denying that private schools have a distinct advantage over "most" public schools as far as athletics go. I believe the best option is to have no split, and to actually enforce the rules already in place.

+ Reply to Thread