+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five Issues to Help to Determine Your Next President

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Five Issues to Help to Determine Your Next President

If you had to select your top five issues in determining your next president, what would those issues consist of? I usually stay away from this board because it leans so, so heavily to one side, but I am genuinely interested in what issues you are all looking towards. I see some really bad candidates, and I see some people running on or with some issues that I know are horrible. With that being said, I am at least curious to know what issues are the backbone of your selection process. I know this board is primarily 35+ and GOP, so with that being said, whatcha got?

I also like isidewith.com, and they have updated a few different areas this year. They also have some of the independent candidates finally available for your results too.

It might be nice for me to get the ball rolling for ridicule or conversation:

- Health care reform
    - Drug reform
    - Consolidation of governmental programs
    - Education
    - Open internet
    Last edited by rockdog; 03-21-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Five Issues to Help to Determine Your Next President

Economy.
    Veterans Administration Reform.
    Foreign Policy.
    Net Neutrality.
    Energy.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

1) National Security (beefed up military, borders, cyber warfare, ditch the Iran Nuke deal etc..) which really goes
    hand in hand with Foreign Policy (True Conservatives are always better at all of these).
    The true #1 *** Spiritual Revival in America ***

2) Abolish ObamaCare

3) Economy (abolishing Obama Care goes a long way to help immediately). Put a business man and/or Tea party in the WH.

4) Flat Tax and abolish the IRS and Department of Education

5) Military pay and Veterans care and benefits

6) Get the USA out of the UN!!

7) Build a freaking wall between us and Mexico. Did I mention National Security and borders?

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    1) National Security (beefed up military, borders, cyber warfare, ditch the Iran Nuke deal etc..) which really goes
    hand in hand with Foreign Policy (True Conservatives are always better at all of these).

2) Abolish ObamaCare

3) Economy (abolishing Obama Care goes a long way to help immediately). Put a business man and/or Tea party in the WH.

7) Build a freaking wall between us and Mexico. Did I mention National Security and borders?
    Thanks for answering!

I do have a question though about your first one. You want to dramatically increase military spending when it already includes more than half of the budget. Why?

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

My would be:

1. Immigration - No borders no nation. Less people mean an increase in wages. Supply and Demand.
    2. Economy and Trade - The USA needs more than 2% growth to drive up wages.
    3. End Obamacare - I don't care what it is replaced with as long as I am not legally require to purchase it.
    4. Tax simplification - Flat tax or National Sales Tax. The federal tax laws are to difficult to manage.
    5. Balanced budget - Reduce spending, we can not continue to spend 500,000,000,000 dollars more than the government collects in taxes.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Trusted conservative to name Supreme Court nominees.
    2. National Debt / Entitlement reform.
    3. Health care reform
    4. War on terror / closing border
    5. Global warming... just seeing if you are paying attention. Abolishing the IRS / tax simplification.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

1. Outlaw the murder of children.
    2. Stop giving the government functions it has no right performing.
    3. Outlaw the murder of children.
    4. Replace the IRS (related to #2).
    5. Outlaw the murder of children.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    I do have a question though about your first one. You want to dramatically increase military spending when it already includes more than half of the budget. Why?
    Yeah, drastically increasing defense spending while drastically cutting taxes for the rich is crazy economics.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

2) Abolish ObamaCare

All of this plus number 8) Safety and welfare of US citizens takes precedent over political correctness.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for answering!

This really irritates me to no end!

Notice! The military is SIXTEEN percent of the budget. The interest on the debt is almost half of what we spend to protect our national interests.

The amount spent on social and welfare programs is WELL OVER 60% of the budget. Four...FOUR...4...FOUR TIMES THE MILITARY BUDGET !?!?!?!?!

You need to stop watching CNN and MSNBC and the MSM.

Your question is built on a liberal trick. When liberals say the military is over half the budget, they really mean the Discretionary budget. This is just one part of the total budget! They tell this lie all the time, but, you have to be educated enough to catch it. You'd think the media you read this lie in would tell you about their
    "lie of omission". But, of course, that would just be stupid to think the MSM would hold the libs to the truth!

Very similar to the liberals "base line budgeting" lie of omission.

Last edited by DJDAWG; 03-24-2016 at 08:58 PM.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

My first issue is human life. If you think killing babies is ok, then I really really don't want to have anything to do with you. If that is ok, then ANYTHING is ok. "The ends justify the means." "Right and wrong are subjective." "There is no right and wrong, only decisions on your way to personal happiness".

People, the baby has it's OWN separate DNA. It is a living being and IS NOT a part of the mother. Yes, the baby is dependent on the mother, a symbiotic relationship that is found all over nature. The baby is still a separate living entity.

There is simply no evil equal to killing a human baby just for your own quality of life. Pure 100% dripping evil!

Well, that pretty much leaves out the Democratic Party.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    Yeah, drastically increasing defense spending while drastically cutting taxes for the rich is crazy economics.
    The rich?

Wealth is not taxed in this country. We tax earnings, which are normally the product of hard work. Punishing someone for working hard is just plain dumb.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    My first issue is human life. If you think killing babies is ok, then I really really don't want to have anything to do with you. If that is ok, then ANYTHING is ok. "The ends justify the means." "Right and wrong are subjective." "There is no right and wrong, only decisions on your way to personal happiness".

People, the baby has it's OWN separate DNA. It is a living being and IS NOT a part of the mother. Yes, the baby is dependent on the mother, a symbiotic relationship that is found all over nature. The baby is still a separate living entity.

There is simply no evil equal to killing a human baby just for your own quality of life. Pure 100% dripping evil!

Well, that pretty much leaves out the Democratic Party.
    We think alike here. If you can kill a baby, there is really nothing else I need to know about you.

If abortion is the only issue that matters to some of you, I understand the issues most of you are having then. This isn't a political issue for me. I do not support abortion in 90% of the situations; however, I know than banning of things does not work. You could outlaw abortion tomorrow, and the problems would still persist.

My question then becomes what do you really care about? Quit saying human life because we aren't passing laws and agendas to further take care of human life, which I might add takes place outside of the womb for much longer. Thinking abortion is so important makes me think this has much more to do with personal beliefs and religion, which quite frankly don't belong in the conversation of national decisions.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

If abortion is the only issue that matters to some of you, I understand the issues most of you are having then. This isn't a political issue for me. I do not support abortion in 90% of the situations; however, I know than banning of things does not work. You could outlaw abortion tomorrow, and the problems would still persist.

My question then becomes what do you really care about? Quit saying human life because we aren't passing laws and agendas to further take care of human life, which I might add takes place outside of the womb for much longer. Thinking abortion is so important makes me think this has much more to do with personal beliefs and religion, which quite frankly don't belong in the conversation of national decisions.
    Your statements do not make sense. Saying the problem would still persist even if abortion was outlawed is comparable to saying that we should legalize murder because it still occurs.

Secondly, to say that someone's personal and religious beliefs don't belong in the conversation of national decisions is very simplistic. Are you saying that a person should not vote for a candidate or support/oppose legislation after looking at it through the lens of their personal beliefs or religion, which should be the foundation that all their actions and decisions are rooted in?

+ Reply to Thread