+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baseball. LA Tech Powers Past ULM in 7-1 Victory

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Baseball. @LATechBSB to Battle nlulm Tuesday in Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    ULL thread... 89 posts
    Arkansas thread... 113 posts
    LSU thread... 57 posts
    ULM thread... crickets

But the ULM game was our big "rivalry" game according to others.
    The JUCO has been a joke of an institution for decades IMHO.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

The radio guys were trying so hard to build up this "big rivalry" game today. Even dubbed it the "I-20 Showdown."

As bad as ULM and the media want this to be a rivalry, it's just not. It's not the 1980s anymore. This is 2016.

ULM is irrelevant in everything from academics to athletics and has been in Tech's rear view mirror for a really long time. And Tech is not going backward.

Good job by our guys taking care of business, though.
    Actually the word "rivalry" never came out of my mouth the entire 3 hours. It came out of Coach Goffs. It came out of the Nitzers. Never mine..Not once. The I20 showdown was not something we originally came up with, i read it from a press release. It wasnt built up anymore than how we did the LSU/Tech game the week before. Did we try and talk it up? Of course its 2 schools we cover and have the rights to the coaches show for...and it aint Football season.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Lsu tech softballgame excuse me

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Baseball. LA Tech Powers Past ULM in 7-1 Victory

Peddy whining this morning about us "throwing our horse that we threw in both games last year as closer..."

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Peddy whinning this morning about us "throwing our horse that we threw in both games last year as closer..."
    Ha yeah he said we had our horse ready for them if the game stayed close. Maybe we should pitch position players?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Oh yeah...

Our part time play by play guy pulled his usual crap this morning of not being able to compliment LaTech w/out throwing nlulm into the mix. The only positive thing he had to say about us was that "the defense of both teams played great..."

7-1 man!

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Oh yeah...

Our part time play by play guy pulled his usual crap this morning of not being able to compliment LaTech w/out throwing nlulm into the mix. The only positive thing he had to say about us was that "the defense of both teams played great..."

7-1 man!
    Yeah Cramer needs to be the massive homer that Nick White is about uLm. I'm really glad to hear uLm CF can make good plays for them, isn't that the goal? I guess when a university is a perennial loser in all things you have to dig to find the positives like actually catching a ball in the outfield

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    Yeah Cramer needs to be the massive homer that Nick White is about uLm. I'm really glad to hear uLm CF can make good plays for them, isn't that the goal? I guess when a university is a perennial loser in all things you have to dig to find the positives like actually catching a ball in the outfield
    According to Cramer, those were "SEC caliber catches".

Varsity Bulldog collinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the roughcollinellis is a jewel in the rough

The radio guys were trying so hard to build up this "big rivalry" game today. Even dubbed it the "I-20 Showdown."

As bad as ULM and the media want this to be a rivalry, it's just not. It's not the 1980s anymore. This is 2016.

ULM is irrelevant in everything from academics to athletics and has been in Tech's rear view mirror for a really long time. And Tech is not going backward.

Good job by our guys taking care of business, though.
    The media may want it to be a rivalry or may not really care. What they have is a situation were all they have to do is mention or even just talk about it and people listen. I don't think it's a competitive rivalry but geographically there is always going to be a discussion of rivalry. Until ULM shuts down we will have these conversations.

Now as for the game, it was a nice midweek win. They have a decent lineup and our pitchers only allowed 2 hits. That is a great sign for our midweek games and bullpen going forward. CUSA is a top 5 conference this year and have a chance to place 4-5 teams in the tournament. I don't know if we are quite ready to compete at that level or have the talent but we are close. A solid bullpen is going to be important. Along with Clancy and Diehl getting their recent early inning struggles together.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    I actually couldn't disagree with you more. I think Nick goes out of his way to not be a homer for ULM from 7-9am because most people "expect" him to be a homer. In fact if you'll notice most of the time they are interviewing someone from ULM Nick doesn't even participate.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I actually couldn't disagree with you more. I think Nick goes out of his way to not be a homer for ULM from 7-9am because most people "expect" him to be a homer. In fact if you'll notice most of the time they are interviewing someone from ULM Nick doesn't even participate.
    I agree about Nick.

The difference in him and our part time guy is that our guy NEVER gives LaTech a straight out compliment while Nick can compliment Tech or any other school w/out including a "...and schools like"

BTW, please define Mid Major or would you rather I call in?

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I agree with the participation part completely, but lets be honest, have you ever heard him talk about the ULM basketball team? They are improved, but they aren't close to where he thinks they are. I know he's doing his job and uLm pays his bills, but they have a long way to go in athletics and I think you'll agree with that one.

I think alot of times we have perception vs reality. For example Nick is ulm pbp so Nick is a ulm homer to the tech folks. To ulm fans he isnt homer enough. I went out of my way on purpose yesterday to not mention the R word because i knew one way or another someone was going to post on here that we were trying to build it up. Truth cap on, I hate doing the show outside the studio so when we do of course we try and make it feel like a big deal. I dont care about sofball that much but we tried to make the LSU TECH softball game feel big because we were there. It could have been the 8 year old ruston vs Monroe little league teams yesterday and we would have tried to make it feel like a big deal. Im on record for not caring either way if they play.

Considering ULM had the walking death penalty 5 years ago and has won 20 games in back to back seasons and made it to the Sun belt title game I would say is worthy of some praise. Are they better than Tech? I would say no. But I think again it goes back to perception. For some any praise of ULM would be to much, haha! And Yes ULM athletics is not close to Tech right now and there is separation ..Something I also have said on record.

Madd you know I appreciate your calls. You know the number

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

posts this siteRe: Big Game Tonight
    Yesterday at 9:00 PM

Did we win?

Rate now:

Rebel318X

Warhawk Water Boy
    Rating: 3.1/5 this site
    40 posts this site

Re: Big Game Tonight
    Yesterday at 9:01 PM

We lost 7-1...tech only gives up 2 hits

Rate now:

tigerhawk88X

Warhawk Die Hard
    Rating: 2.8/5 this site
    257 posts this site

Yesterday at 9:18 PM

Pitched their ace?

Rate now:

trulyb
    X

Warhawk Super Fan
    Rating: 3.6/5 this site
    1879 posts this site

Yesterday at 9:33 PM

1200 attendance. Bet there weren't 40 tech fans there. No rivalry here
    Rate now:

Rebel318X

Warhawk Water Boy
    Rating: 3.1/5 this site
    40 posts this site

Yesterday at 9:35 PM

tigerhawk88 wrote:
    Pitched their ace?
    Not the guy that beat Arkansas and ULL

Rate now:

bbell69X
    Warhawk Super Fan
    1125 posts this site

Yesterday at 9:57 PM

2 hits against midweek pitching is anemic. Both clubs pitched multiple guys. We are not very good, plain and simple. We have been outhit almost every game this year. We are very weak offenseively and don't see us getting better anytime soon. We swing at the first pitch more than any team I've ever seen, never work the pitch count. The first inning I think all 3 batters swung at the first pitch, the guy threw 5 pitches to get 3 outs in the first inning. That has happened multiple times this season. That's poor coaching.
    Rate now:

trulyb
    X

Warhawk Super Fan
    1879 posts this site

Yesterday at 10:02 PM

We have long way to go, offensively we are not very good. Just can't hit. Some bad at bats
    Rate now:

joeymillman
    X

Warhawk Super Fan
    7814 posts this site

Yesterday at 11:35 PM Last edited Yesterday at 11:37 PM by joeymillman

Yep...very inconsistent hitting,to go along with pretty inconsistent pitching is going to lead to a rough year I'm afraid....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread