+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honest questions: Year 3

Puppy Latechlover Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLatechlover Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLatechlover Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLatechlover Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLatechlover Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLatechlover Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLatechlover Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLatechlover Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLatechlover Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLatechlover Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLatechlover Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Honest questions: Year 3

Tyler Summitt
    Year one - 16-15
    Year two - 14-16

Honest questions:
    What's your prediction on when we will be back in the NCAA tournament?
    We lose Wingate, Richie and Pumroy.... Will next year be another decline?
    How much longer do we ride with Summitt as our leader?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Honest questions: Year 3

I think we will see serious improvement next year. If not, then we can start asking the hard questions again. There was a lot of hard "basketball" to watch this year.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

1. Whenever the stars align, and we are the 1 lucky team out of 14 to win the C-USA Tournament. It appears the NCAA Selection Committee takes after the men's committee and makes it nearly impossible to get an at-large bid from C-USA. UTEP (26-4) and WKU (24-6) didn't get at-large bids while K-State (18-12), Auburn (19-12), and Tennessee (19-13) got at-large bids.

2. I don't think so. I think we'll see improvement.

3. He should get at least a full 5 years, but I'm confident he will turn the program around and get an extension before then. He inherited a dumpster fire but had 5 senior starters in Year 1 so he had to start over again this year. The Lady Techsters had to post a perfect APR score in Year 1 just to prevent the embarrassment of a postseason ban courtesy of Spoon, and Summitt delivered big time with a perfect 100 APR score. It may take a little while before we see the dividends, but I do believe Summitt is creating a championship culture.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 03-29-2016 at 01:54 AM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Those seem like honest questions, but with an agenda.

When rebuilding a whole program - not just a team, it takes time. No one was going to come in here and win a conference championship in their first two years. I was disappointed in this year, but continue to have hope - only because he appears to be turning around an attitude and culture. That takes time. I expect improvement next year, though.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Champ110, you expect the Final Four every year!

Nah, not lately. All of your exuberant optimism from years past has faded into hopeless reality. Sorry. Both you and Dawg06 have gone out on a limb and predicted "improvement" next year. Wow! That's being bold....not! This program is so far down in the funk that just shear happenstance will cause some improvement. Of course, it still starts at the top, and I have yet to see anything from the Boy Wonder that makes me confident he can move this program up the ladder. Unfortunately, he's part of the problem. I had expected more from Mickey, however.

We have not just been "bad" or "unlucky" or "lacking talent in a few positions," we have SUCKED!!!! And it is NOT just the players' fault. In two years, the Boy Wonder has not demonstrated he understands the game of basketball. It's one thing for a good coach to have to deal with crappy players, or players who simply are "out-athlete" by the opposition. Even in that case one could see the coach's schemes, the influence of teaching, the players trying to execute on both ends of the court. I have seen very little of that from the Boy Wonder.

If he is waiting until he lucks into a good recruiting class, or two, and puts good players out there, who can win games because of their own talents, then I'm afraid he'll have to get VERY lucky, and soon.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Champ110, you expect the Final Four every year!

Nah, not lately. All of your exuberant optimism from years past has faded into hopeless reality. Sorry. Both you and Dawg06 have gone out on a limb and predicted "improvement" next year. Wow! That's being bold....not! This program is so far down in the funk that just shear happenstance will cause some improvement. Of course, it still starts at the top, and I have yet to see anything from the Boy Wonder that makes me confident he can move this program up the ladder. Unfortunately, he's part of the problem. I had expected more from Mickey, however.

We have not just been "bad" or "unlucky" or "lacking talent in a few positions," we have SUCKED!!!! And it is NOT just the players' fault. In two years, the Boy Wonder has not demonstrated he understands the game of basketball. It's one thing for a good coach to have to deal with crappy players, or players who simply are "out-athlete" by the opposition. Even in that case one could see the coach's schemes, the influence of teaching, the players trying to execute on both ends of the court. I have seen very little of that from the Boy Wonder.

If he is waiting until he lucks into a good recruiting class, or two, and puts good players out there, who can win games because of their own talents, then I'm afraid he'll have to get VERY lucky, and soon.
    You are correct on one front, my optimism took a hit. That happened a while back before Summit, though. Now, I know we have to gradually climb up. I think we all should expect improvement next year. I want a conference championship and back to the NCAA as a first step. If we even get close to that next year, I will be encouraged. We can go from there.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Maybe we should just hire a new coach every 2 years until one of them wins a national championship.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Maybe we should just hire a new coach every 2 years until one of them wins a national championship.
    I think everyone is just tired of hearing that the "culture" is changing. People want to see wins on the floor, not necessarily the players telling the coach yes sir and no sir and going to class each day. Is that part of success? Absolutely, but dang it gets old hearing that after two years. Win some games and a lot of people will shut up.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Give Summit (5) years and then an accurate assessment can be made. Until we can consistently compete for the conference title a trip back to the dance is wishful thinking. The way back is uphill all the way and expectations should be tempered. The gap from where we are to the top of the conference is bigger than some think, the gap from the top of our conference to the top 10 is even bigger and the gap to the top 4 is insurmountable.
    If Summit can get us back to winning 65-70% of our games, keep him and give him a raise.

Varsity Bulldog kfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    Give Summit (5) years and then an accurate assessment can be made. Until we can consistently compete for the conference title a trip back to the dance is wishful thinking. The way back is uphill all the way and expectations should be tempered. The gap from where we are to the top of the conference is bigger than some think, the gap from the top of our conference to the top 10 is even bigger and the gap to the top 4 is insurmountable.
    If Summit can get us back to winning 65-70% of our games, keep him and give him a raise.
    I like the idea of winning 65-70% of the games - that means consistent 19-11 to 21-9 seasons, which means the occasional NIT or WBI bid, and maybe a good run and some luck in the conference tournament to make it back to the big dance. I'd LOVE it.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    1. Whenever the stars align, and we are the 1 lucky team out of 14 to win the C-USA Tournament. It appears the NCAA Selection Committee takes after the men's committee and makes it nearly impossible to get an at-large bid from C-USA. UTEP (26-4) and WKU (24-6) didn't get at-large bids while K-State (18-12), Auburn (19-12), and Tennessee (19-13) got at-large bids.

2. I don't think so. I think we'll see improvement.

3. He should get at least a full 5 years, but I'm confident he will turn the program around and get an extension before then. He inherited a dumpster fire but had 5 senior starters in Year 1 so he had to start over again this year. The Lady Techsters had to post a perfect APR score in Year 1 just to prevent the embarrassment of a postseason ban courtesy of Spoon, and Summitt delivered big time with a perfect 100 APR score. It may take a little while before we see the dividends, but I do believe Summitt is creating a championship culture.
    That is worth a lot right there. I agree with those who say give him time.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Give the man time!

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Women's basketball is never going to be a big deal in college sports. Unless your team is a national powerhouse, nobody on campus even cares if you have a team. Our focus MUST be on our football and MBB programs. Some people need to get over those Glory Days of the past. It ain't happening again.

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Women's basketball is never going to be a big deal in college sports. Unless your team is a national powerhouse, nobody on campus even cares if you have a team. Our focus MUST be on our football and MBB programs. Some people need to get over those Glory Days of the past. It ain't happening again.
    Why get over it? I want the same thing for all Tech teams. If we are aiming high, we will definitely hit low. Nothing at all wrong with wanting the best!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    . Nothing at all wrong with wanting the best!
    If you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best! Woooo!

+ Reply to Thread