+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Summitt Resigns

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Summitt Resigns

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    It's pretty clear right now to those within the circle of trust that she knew nothing. That could always change, but I don't expect it to, and would be more shocked that I was hearing about the events of last week.
    Agree....... I don't think she would be our current Interim HC, if she knew anything, as well.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Agree....... I don't think she would be our current Interim HC, if she knew anything, as well.
    Agreed. I don't believe there is any way they leave her if she had any idea. People that are doing things they KNOW are wrong don't tell people about it. Tyler knew she would not approve- no way he lets DeMoss know.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I agree...... I will add that Demoss has way too much experience and knowledge of how things work for her to have known anything and not done something about it. SHE has a sterling reputation and is the only one that can calm things down right now. If something else comes out, I will back down from that. I don't believe that to be true, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    It's pretty clear right now to those within the circle of trust that she knew nothing. That could always change, but I don't expect it to, and would be more shocked that I was hearing about the events of last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Agreed. I don't believe there is any way they leave her if she had any idea. People that are doing things they KNOW are wrong don't tell people about it. Tyler knew she would not approve- no way he lets DeMoss know.
    FWIW I totally agree with these assumptions.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

To be fair, one cannot "connect the dots" in either direction. People can know things without being given any information by Tyler.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I will state this - I believe that they need to conclude any investigation and make one statement that no other players were involved and no Assistant Coaches were aware of the situation. Then, something like this was an unfortunate situation for all involved. We are moving forward now with Micki DeMoss working hard to stablize the program. We want nothing more than to move forward with a very trusted Tech Alumnus leading the way and hope that all current players and recruits will trust that the Techsters are back on track.

Something like that and then just leave it alone............

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I will state this - I believe that they need to conclude any investigation and make one statement that no other players were involved and no Assistant Coaches were aware of the situation. Then, something like this was an unfortunate situation for all involved. We are moving forward now with Micki DeMoss working hard to stablize the program. We want nothing more than to move forward with a very trusted Tech Alumnus leading the way and hope that all current players and recruits will trust that the Techsters are back on track.

This - and then close the conversation for good. I agree.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

I agree. However, once that News Star sports reporter (Isabella) returns from his honeymoon he will feel as if it is his duty to rehash and look for things that have not been reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    This - and then close the conversation for good. I agree.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    I agree. However, once that News Star sports reporter (Isabella) returns from his honeymoon he will feel as if it is his duty to rehash and look for things that have not been reported.
    Dang it, "We'll suck again!"

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Dang it, "We'll suck again!"
    https://youtu.be/SiLadvl-VQo

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

My last word on the subject.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I agree...... I will add that Demoss has way too much experience and knowledge of how things work for her to have known anything and not done something about it. SHE has a sterling reputation and is the only one that can calm things down right now. If something else comes out, I will back down from that. I don't believe that to be true, though.
    I'm not sure about that. I think we may have to clean house where coaches are concerned.

This whole thing has been too clean and "boxed up" for my taste. I feel like I'm watching an episode of the Netflix political drama "House of Cards". Everything apppears contrived, and makes me think they may be hiding something bigger. Maybe much bigger.

** First, Tyler Summit said very little about the ordeal before leaving town, and very professionally gave us no details. His press statement was obviously written in advance by a professional PR agency that he had already consulted. You can bet money that his mother was involved too. This was their best effort to put lipstick on the pig. That boy is still being propped up by the people around him, and he can't even blow his nose without someone there to wipe it for him. I would have at least liked to have seen him be man enough to tell LA Tech fans what happened, apologize for it, take his medicine and then leave. It's silly to tell people you apologize for something, but you can't tell them what you're apologizing for.

** Secondly, the other CONSENTING ADULT was never formally named. That's bad for our basketball program, because it leads to further speculation about other members of the team. It's the same reason Ashlee Santos resorted to posting her "skinny" pics and statements about not being pregnant on Twitter. This part makes me feel like T-Mac and other Tech leaders are putting Tyler summit's needs (for privacy and secrecy) ahead of our women's basketball program's needs.

** Thirdly, Mickie DeMoss was conveniently out of the country when this news broke. So DeMoss comes back to Ruston, and everything is all cleaned up and Tyler is gone. I have to remind myself that there are no coincidences.

So, the advance hiring of the PR agency, the swiftness of Tyler Summit's resignation, his subsequent disappearance and Mickie's convenient trip out of the country all leads me to believe this was something that had been percolating and planned for a while. Please excuse me now while I go take a shower just to clean myself off.
    Last edited by HogDawg; 04-11-2016 at 09:28 PM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I just saw this and I actually agree. Concluding the investigation and making the statement gets the program "out of the dark" and keeps people from speculating further about the other athletes.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'm not sure about that. I think we may have to clean house where coaches are concerned.

This whole thing has been too clean and "boxed up" for my taste. I feel like I'm watching an episode of the Netflix political drama "House of Cards". Everything apppears contrived, and makes me think they may be hiding something bigger. Maybe much bigger.

** First, Tyler Summit said very little about the ordeal before leaving town, and very professionally gave us no details. His press statement was obviously written in advance by a professional PR agency that he had already consulted. You can bet money that his mother was involved too. This was their best effort to put lipstick on the pig. That boy is still being propped up by the people around him, and he can't even blow his nose without someone there to wipe it for him. I would have at least liked to have seen him be man enough to tell LA Tech fans what happened, apologize for it, take his medicine and then leave. It's silly to tell people you apologize for something, but you can't tell them what you're apologizing for.

** Secondly, the other CONSENTING ADULT was never formally named. That's bad for our basketball program, because it leads to further speculation about other members of the team. It's the same reason Ashlee Santos resorted to posting her "skinny" pics and statements about not being pregnant on Twitter. This part makes me feel like T-Mac and other Tech leaders are putting Tyler summit's needs (for privacy and secrecy) ahead of our women's basketball program's needs.

** Thirdly, Mickie DeMoss was conveniently out of the country when this news broke. So DeMoss comes back to Ruston, and everything is all cleaned up and Tyler is gone. I have to remind myself that there are no coincidences.

So, the advance hiring of the PR agency, the swiftness of Tyler Summit's resignation, his subsequent disappearance and Mickie's convenient trip out of the country all leads me to believe this was something that had been percolating and planned for a while. Please excuse me now while I go take a shower just to clean myself off.
    There is one thing in your post I can absolutely guarantee, and that is that Tyler's mother absolutely didn't get involved. That's money you'd lose. She didn't because she isn't able to...and the details of that for those who know are equally as heartbreaking...and a relief of sorts at the same time considering recent events.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Please excuse me now while I go take a shower just to clean myself off.
    jerk
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Bulldog shrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the rough

FWIW, I am in total agreement with HogDawg on several things. Here's some other thoughts.

1. Summit's resignation should not be the end of the investigation. All we've been told is that "prior to completing the investigation" he resigned. Why would you ever name someone else closely associated with the program as an interim before completely ruling ESPECIALLY when there was concerns brought forward by other players and possibly even meetings about this? There was never any dates given in the AD's statement. When did the investigation begin? Why did it begin? What steps were taken in the investigation to rule out any co-conspirators (a la Tiger Woods)? And of course, as another coincidence they waited until our main beat writer, who was probably the only local media member who would be willing to question the investigation, was out of town for a week. There has to be some form of public accountability and I was not satisfied with what information I was given in those 12-15 minutes. No serious questions were answered.

2. The administration's handling of this should be scrutinized closely. If he resigned at 10am, why did it take 7.5 hours to get the team together and have a meeting....nonetheless AFTER it's been released on Twitter? This gave time for players and recruits to go into full-blown chaos mode on social media instead of letting them know first and requesting a smart approach or even ban about the situation on social media.

3. Take up for your players and recruits first and foremost. Eliminate speculation about any current or future player by at least releasing that the relationship was NOT with a member of the 2016-2017 team. This would have at least protected Santos from having to defend herself. That should be the administration's job to defend our players. Legal and PC junk aside, if you care most about the current players and maintaining their support, you protect them.....not leave them to defend themselves.

+ Reply to Thread