+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Summitt Resigns

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Re: Summitt Resigns

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Some retirement plans don't have such survivorship benefits. Maybe I should say "most" do not. None of the retirement plans we (my wife and I) have have such a benefit for our kids, only to each other. Of course, don't feel sorry for our kids, they'll do very well in inheritance....

That is obviously a state of Tennessee retirement plan policy. States have different provisions.

Unless....what about Louisiana? Hmmm...need to check on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonPieBlue View Post
    My wife works at Tech, and has for more than 20 years. With her retirement she can either opt to receive a monthly amount until she dies or receive a lesser monthly amount and name an individual to receive a certain amount following her death. The amount that person would receive would depend upon their age (e.g., if she choose me I'd get a higher monthly amount [most likely for a shorter period of time] than if she choose our son). Could only choose one (e.g., if I get the amount I couldn't then pass it along to my son upon my death). At least that is my understanding. Don't know if they still offer the same to new hires.

My mother is retiring from ULM at the end of the fall semester and she has set up something very similar to what Pat did for Tyler so it is available here in Louisiana. My sisters (X3) and I along with my father (who has Alzheimer's) have been listed as beneficiaries for her retirement if something should happen to her. I was a little surprised to find out that it is was available to children. Like others here, I thought only the spouse was eligible for the retirement benefits. She took a lower amount (smaller percentage like Pat) to set this up. I not fully up on the details on how all this works. From what she has told me, the beneficiaries will receive all her retirement until it is gone by doing it this way. I'm not completely sure she understands exactly all the details but the person who handles this at ULM has convinced her it will work this way.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    My mother is retiring from ULM at the end of the fall semester and she has set up something very similar to what Pat did for Tyler so it is available here in Louisiana. My sisters (X3) and I along with my father (who has Alzheimer's) have been listed as beneficiaries for her retirement if something should happen to her. I was a little surprised to find out that it is was available to children. Like others here, I thought only the spouse was eligible for the retirement benefits. She took a lower amount (smaller percentage like Pat) to set this up. I not fully up on the details on how all this works. From what she has told me, the beneficiaries will receive all her retirement until it is gone by doing it this way. I'm not completely sure she understands exactly all the details but the person who handles this at ULM has convinced her it will work this way.
    It must not be like Tyler's; he gets a check for life.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    It must not be like Tyler's; he gets a check for life.
    I did say similar, not exactly the same. RIF.

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Surefire way to get the local paper to mention us, I guess.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

I wonder if Summitt ever sees his kid w/ Pumroy?

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    certainly has the means to give $$ support. Would be the right thing to do.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    certainly has the means to give $$ support. Would be the right thing to do.
    yeah, about that...I am having trouble figuring this out from the article: "Summitt wouldn’t comment about his resignation, other than to say that, contrary to any conjecture or reports, what transpired did not result in him becoming a father."

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    yeah, about that...I am having trouble figuring this out from the article: "Summitt wouldn’t comment about his resignation, other than to say that, contrary to any conjecture or reports, what transpired did not result in him becoming a father."
    Noticed that.

HMMMMMMM.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Im going to interpret that in the best possible light and leave it at that.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Pumroy went back home to Fairborn, OH and was coaching girls basketball at the local HS. I'm assuming she is still there. I don't know if she had a baby. I'm not surprised Tyler and AnDe got divorced. I believe in the power of redemption so I'm hoping Tyler can someday get past the mistakes he made.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

What a disgusting little punk!! When I heard he'd been hired, I thought it was an April Fools joke. Apparently it was and the joke was on Tech for hiring him.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    What a disgusting little punk!! When I heard he'd been hired, I thought it was an April Fools joke. Apparently it was and the joke was on Tech for hiring him.

damn.....somewhat harsh...

.....I mean we all make mistake....sure it was not a good situation but I can't imagine the turmoil this kid has caused with his ex wife, family, friends, career, etc.

hopefully we learned a valuable lesson by hiring someone so young...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Abortion.

You murder your inconveniences in life. Kind of like the Klintons do all the time.

I was absolutely opposed to hiring Summit. Of course, at first, it was strictly concerns about his inexperience in coaching. His youth, not being much older than the players. Only later did I (any of us) realize we had other reasons for concern. Thanks to his mother he is set for life. But, I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a way to screw that up too.

As for Louisiana Tech in general, and our WBB in particular, we have landed on our feet. We have our coach now.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Abortion.

You murder your inconveniences in life. Kind of like the Klintons do all the time.

I was absolutely opposed to hiring Summit. Of course, at first, it was strictly concerns about his inexperience in coaching. His youth, not being much older than the players. Only later did I (any of us) realize we had other reasons for concern. Thanks to his mother he is set for life. But, I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a way to screw that up too.

As for Louisiana Tech in general, and our WBB in particular, we have landed on our feet. We have our coach now.
    She could have had a miscarriage. Or are you saying that you know for certain?

+ Reply to Thread