+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should we rename page - Dan Reneau's Legacy

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Should we rename page - Dan Reneau's Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    didnt say that. Just pointing out that I don't see Tommy being under any pressure for it.
    He definitely feels the pressure. Why would he break down and cry at the press conference?

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    He definitely feels the pressure. Why would he break down and cry at the press conference?
    because he has a heart.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

because he has a heart.
    My opinion as well. It should be the natural reaction for somebody that knows the guy and the family and is hurting for them all. And it should sadden us all as well.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Thanks 80. I'm sure this has been mentioned before but like a lot of other things that go down in Ruston people on this board tend to beat around the bush or allude to things but don't actually come out and say them. I always heard she wasn't happy with the contract that was offered but never before had I heard she trashed her office.
    The rumor at the time was that she moved her desk on to the BBall court. Not sure if that part was true but a mess all the same.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You are a moron.

Let's see....for only the gazillionist time...pigtails was offered a 4-year contract that made her the HIGHEST PAID COACH AT TECH....higher than the MBB coach and higher than the football coach!

tick, tick, tick....let that fact sink in.

She had ZERO, ZILCH, NADA head coach experience at that time. Leon had spent years grooming her to be his replacement, putting all of our chips in that one basket. He (we) could have been grooming someone else, you know, like Gary Blair, for instance, and others. So, Leon retires and then kaboom! that bitch stabs her own alma mater in the back, multiple times.

Reneau, and others, told her she would earn an extension to the contract making it 5 years+, which was the point of contention according to pigtails. Only, it really wasn't. It was just the excuse she leaned on. As I recall, at that time, 4 years was the maximum length a state contract could be for personnel, or at least for coaches. It wasn't until it affected LSU that the legislature changed it.

Let's review, put yourself in this situation: you are presented a 4-year contract making you the HIGHEST PAID COACH AT TECH, I mean, seriously, a frickin' WBB coach making more than the FOOTBALL COACH!!??? And, you are being allowed to coach at your beloved alma mater. One would assume that that alone would mean something to you. But....apparently that wasn't good enough for the all-mighty "I am more important than any institution, or any group of a 100,000 people you care to assemble" pigtails.

So, she throws a temper tantrum, wrecks her office, destroying public property, and chases off recruits, including Alana Beard, who later led Duke to the Final Four. Then, Leon had to come OUT of retirement and coach two more years, just to stabilize the situation.

pigtails alone is responsible for that whole mess. You idiots that keep blaming Reneau are simply stupid.
    All you yahoos bookmark this post and read it every 3 months until your butthurt is gone. You can't handle the truth!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    All you yahoos bookmark this post and read it every 3 months until your butthurt is gone. You can't handle the truth!
    I agree....... Tired of hearing her name brought up every time there is a problem with our WBB program. Thank you Kim, for what you did as a player and Assistant. It is over now and both us and her have moved on........

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Maybe this board should be changed to Kim Mulkey's Legacy.
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    ...because he wants to save his job.

T-Mac knows that almost all "big boy" schools would can you for hiring a 23-yr old male head coach for a women's college basketball team, and then have this happen. It's still the single dumbest coaching hire I've ever seen in sports. Of all time. And no, this is not second guessing...I said so when they hired him.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ...because he wants to save his job.

T-Mac knows that almost all "big boy" schools would can you for hiring a 23-yr old male head coach for a women's college basketball team, and then have this happen. It's still the single dumbest coaching hire I've ever seen in sports. Of all time. And no, this is not second guessing...I said so when they hired him.
    How about these?

Dane Fife, IPFW - 25
    Bobby Knight, Army - 24
    Pat Summitt, Tennessee - 22
    Wes Miller, UNCG (men) - 29

There are many others outside of D1.

At least with Tyler he had Mickie and Leon.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

How about these?

Dane Fife, IPFW - 25
    Bobby Knight, Army - 24
    Pat Summitt, Tennessee - 22
    Wes Miller, UNCG (men) - 29

There are many others outside of D1.

At least with Tyler he had Mickie and Leon.
    All of these are same gender. I think part of HD's argument is hiring such a young person to coach women just a year or two younger than him. And, HD is 100% correct on this.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    All of these are same gender. I think part of HD's argument is hiring such a young person to coach women just a year or two younger than him. And, HD is 100% correct on this.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...layer-pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    It is 100% HD's opinion on this...and you 100% agree with him. Saying it is 100% correct is a little presumptuous. But for what it's worth, I don't disagree in hindsight with either of you on the gender difference combined with the ages.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Hindsight is 20/20. But I honestly don't think age or gender had much to do with it. It's about character and judgment. The same thing happened with LSU WBB a few years ago, and Pokey was a 39-year-old female at the time of her affair with a player.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You are a moron.

Let's see....for only the gazillionist time...pigtails was offered a 4-year contract that made her the HIGHEST PAID COACH AT TECH....higher than the MBB coach and higher than the football coach!

tick, tick, tick....let that fact sink in.

She had ZERO, ZILCH, NADA head coach experience at that time. Leon had spent years grooming her to be his replacement, putting all of our chips in that one basket. He (we) could have been grooming someone else, you know, like Gary Blair, for instance, and others. So, Leon retires and then kaboom! that bitch stabs her own alma mater in the back, multiple times.

Reneau, and others, told her she would earn an extension to the contract making it 5 years+, which was the point of contention according to pigtails. Only, it really wasn't. It was just the excuse she leaned on. As I recall, at that time, 4 years was the maximum length a state contract could be for personnel, or at least for coaches. It wasn't until it affected LSU that the legislature changed it.

Let's review, put yourself in this situation: you are presented a 4-year contract making you the HIGHEST PAID COACH AT TECH, I mean, seriously, a frickin' WBB coach making more than the FOOTBALL COACH!!??? And, you are being allowed to coach at your beloved alma mater. One would assume that that alone would mean something to you. But....apparently that wasn't good enough for the all-mighty "I am more important than any institution, or any group of a 100,000 people you care to assemble" pigtails.

So, she throws a temper tantrum, wrecks her office, destroying public property, and chases off recruits, including Alana Beard, who later led Duke to the Final Four. Then, Leon had to come OUT of retirement and coach two more years, just to stabilize the situation.

pigtails alone is responsible for that whole mess. You idiots that keep blaming Reneau are simply stupid.
    You are 100% correct. As hard as it is to believe, considering my criticism of Reneau, I actually wrote a letter that was published in the RDL supporting Reneau on this issue. He sent me a handwritten note thanking me for my support.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20. But I honestly don't think age or gender had much to do with it. It's about character and judgment. The same thing happened with LSU WBB a few years ago, and Pokey was a 39-year-old female at the time of her affair with a player.
    I agree- the problem wasn't his age, it was his character. He abused his power and cheated on his wife- age doesn't determine that, character does. He had many people snowed.

+ Reply to Thread