+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should I watch at Spring Game?

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

LaTech Who should I watch at Spring Game?

Other than QB-- of the new talent who should I focus on Saturday? Going into this one with much less info than usual .. or , if you have a player you expect to excel--tell us on this thread. thanks in advance

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Who Should i watch at Spring Game?

I am going to see how good the OL and DL are. I believe the OL should dominate the line of scrimmage at the spring game. I want to see the linebackers and secondary in coverage when they cant blitz. This will be a good indicator of how aggressive we will have to blitz next year on D to get off the field. I expect the O will beat up the D pretty well since the don't allow blitzes and the d is going to be real young.

Cant wait for this weekend.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Outside of Carlos, Trent, and Kam (to some extent), I have no idea what to expect out of our WRs. I'm also interested in watching our back 7 on defense. I think the DL will be fine, but may look pedestrian against our OL which should be a strength of ours this year.

RBs will be interesting to watch, mainly to see who wants to be the best that has to follow the best.

Edit- It's nice to be talking football again, if only for a few days.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to make it. If I do, I'll be watching...

1. Higgins' decision-making (just play within yourself, don't force throws)
    2. Alfred Smith (is he electric?)
    3. Boston Scott and Jaqwis Dancy (can they break off long runs?)
    4. OL (can they get a push in the run game?)

4. Corners (who are these guys?)
    5. Linebacker speed (getting to the ball)
    6. DL pressure (can they get back there and wreak some havoc?)

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    I am going to see how good the OL and DL are.
    If any of our OL can block Ferguson, it will be exciting.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

With a string of great running backs (Kenneth Dixon, Daniel Porter, Ryan Moats, Joe Smith), who will step it up this season? I like Boston Scott. Dude is strong and he learned form Dixon to keep cranking your legs for those extra yardage.

Big Dog Avi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the rough Avi8r's Avatar

Will this be on all access for streaming?

Varsity Bulldog dawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of light

WR - keep an eye on Conner Smith and Alfred "Tarzan" Smith in addition to the usual suspects. Conner had a very good scrimmage last Sat. If Conner can stay healthy he could be awesome at 6'4", 225 lbs. with excellent hands and can block. We are DEEP at WR.
    RB - J. Craft looked very good last Sat. also...seemed faster. Watch for Bobby Holley (#41 I think)...no body hits harder, just needs experience. We have 4 that can play.

Once again, if we can get good, consistent QB play we should be good offensively. With time I think the LBs will be good...there is some talent but not much experience. DBs are the same...a lot of new faces that need experience. Hopefully the defensive schemes will cover any weaknesses. I feel better about the D than I thought I would after so many starters were lost to graduation.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    With a string of great running backs (Kenneth Dixon, Daniel Porter, Ryan Moats, Joe Smith), who will step it up this season? I like Boston Scott. Dude is strong and he learned form Dixon to keep cranking your legs for those extra yardage.
    I agree. This kid fights for the extra yards.

Watch to see if Craft can gain ONE yard after first contact.

Connor Smith. Get the ball near him and it's an automatic catch.

Having said that (Seinfeld reference via Curb Your Enthusiasm), it's ALL about the OL.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

-Obviously I'll be watching Higgins to see if he will handle the pressure of being the starter at QB . I'm rooting hard for him to really take the bull by the horns and win the job.

-Oline should be a strength this year. Will be interesting to watch them perform as a unit. Hopefully they will do better in run blocking this year.

- I hope to see some athleticism at the LB position. I think RB should be ok if the line is serviceable. I think Scott and Dancy will be a good combination.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: Who should I watch at Spring Game?

so far the two new names for me are A "Tarzan" Smith and Holley. Thanks for info--- Background ?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    I agree. This kid fights for the extra yards.

Watch to see if Craft can gain ONE yard after first contact.

Connor Smith. Get the ball near him and it's an automatic catch.

Having said that (Seinfeld reference via Curb Your Enthusiasm), it's ALL about the OL.
    We used him sparingly. I like Boston, he did great at the New Orleans bowl. He ripped one for 77 yards. Ended the night with 107 yds on four carries.Take that 77 yarder away, he avg 10 yards per carry that game. I don't believe he has a TD under his name at Tech. I know we will be hearing his name a lot this upcoming season.

2015-16 Season Stat Comparison

Boston Scott

34 att
    277 yards
    8.1 yd avg

Jarred Craft

58 att
    4 yd avg

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Ummmm.....the Regal Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Other than QB-- of the new talent who should I focus on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Ummmm.....the Regal Blues
    so many ways to respond to that -- deleted several responses...

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    so far the two new names for me are A "Tarzan" Smith and Holley. Thanks for info--- Background ?
    Smith is a transfer from Utah, sat out last year. Holley was a walk-on from Farmerville last year who quickly earned a scholarship. I hear he is a big and very physical Fullback.

+ Reply to Thread