+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kim

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Kim

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    That ship has sailed! Let's move along. You will never hoe a straight row by looking behind you. We must be forward thinking to improve the results.
    Good post!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Dawg80 you are one of the most negative and shallow thinkers on this board. If I recall correctly, you were one of those leading the parade to fire Skip Holtz during his first year here. Fortunately saner minds prevailed and ignored your rants.

One can logically assume that since neither Dan Reneau nor Jim Oakes publicly refuted anything Kim Mulkey wrote in her book regarding the negotiations for the Techster head coaching position, then she must have written the truth. Dan Reneau made it perfectly clear to his AD that he did not want Kim Mulkey from the very beginning. Reneau's ego had been battered and bruised for his entire tenure at Tech because Leon Barmore sucked all the oxygen out of the atmosphere regarding any publicity about Tech. Reneau hated this. Reneau always expected to be the only icon associated with Tech at any level-local, state or national. Barmore and the Lady Techsters made this impossible, and Reneau feared that if Mulkey became the coach, the tradition would continue. He was determined to not have to share the stage with the women's basketball coach any longer. He saw his chance to deny Mulkey the position and he made it happen.

Mulkey was much wiser than Reneau ever thought possible. When one enters into a negotiation a BTNA is important. BTNA is "best alternative to a negoiated settlement." Mulkey had one in her purse when she met with Reneau and Oakes in the corner office of Wiley Tower that fateful day. She had a very lucrative contract with Baylor. Reneau and Oakes had nothing. When Mulkey accepted the offer from Baylor, Reneau and Oakes were forced to beg Barmore to return to the Techster sidelines until sanity and order could eventually be restored. The rest is history. History has been favorable to Mulkey and a disaster for the Techsters.

Could Mulkey have kept the Techsters in the top ten year after year? We will never know because of Reneau's ego.

You pigtails groupies are really getting imaginative with your stupid lies! This is too funny.

"Leon Barmore sucked all the oxygen out of the atmosphere..."

"Reneau hated this."

"Reneau always expected to be the only icon..."

Stop it, you guys are killing me with this nonsense.

Fact:

pigtails was given a 4-year contract that made her the HIGHEST paid coach at Tech. And, she turned it down. She, and SHE ALONE, is the reason she was never Tech's WBB HC. Period.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Please support your claim with some specific examples. Most of us were not on-campus at the time.
    I don't have to show examples. I experienced it.

These Kim comments through the years just make me chuckle.

Her comments to Jimmy Watson the other day were appreciated. However, IMHO, she made those comments to protect Pat Summitt more than anything else and that's admirable.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Dawg80 you are one of the most negative and shallow thinkers on this board.
    And the congregation said, "AMEN!"......

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

You pigtails groupies are really getting imaginative with your stupid lies! This is too funny.

"Reneau hated this."

Fact:

pigtails was given a 4-year contract that made her the HIGHEST paid coach at Tech. And, she turned it down. She, and SHE ALONE, is the reason she was never Tech's WBB HC. Period.
    My my..someone is bitter.

So...the market for coaches was 5 years, and Reneau offered 4. Just great. That's a hell of a way to manage your business. He sure showed her!

Who's laughing now?

You know what would be fun? A good old fashioned fist fight between Dawg80 and "pigtails". I'd pay good money to see that. I think she would put a serious beat down on Dawg80. I've seen Dawg80 and I've seen her. She would seriously hurt his old tired ass.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Anytime, any place...

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Anytime, any place...
    My money is on you!!! I think you would bore her to death with all your stories!!!!!!
    LOL

Bore her "to death"? Would they charge me with 2nd degree murder, or something!?

If not....hmmmmm....

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

So...the market for coaches was 5 years, and Reneau offered 4. Just great. That's a hell of a way to manage your business. He sure showed her!

Who's laughing now?

You know what would be fun? A good old fashioned fist fight between Dawg80 and "pigtails". I'd pay good money to see that. I think she would put a serious beat down on Dawg80. I've seen Dawg80 and I've seen her. She would seriously hurt his old tired ass.
    So you want to make a head coach of a nonprofit sport the highest paid coach on campus? And an unproven one at that. I wouldn't want you running my company. This is one of the only things Reneau got right during his tenure.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

I agree with HogDawg, and I think Baylor is just fine with Kim running their "company".

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    I agree with HogDawg, and I think Baylor is just fine with Kim running their "company".

Exactly. Do you think she could have done that well at Tech? Hell no! The cat was out of the bag and schools with money were now investing in women's BB. She did not want to follow Barmore and she was smart enough to know Tech would not be able to compete, thus the extra year was important to her. But Tech's offer was more than fair for someone with no HC experience, it would have been stupid to try and compete with a Big 12 school.

Why do you think Barmore quit? He knew Tech would not be able to keep up.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

"Reneau hated this."

Fact:

Once again you let your emotions take control of your reasoning. Oh, and I noticed that you did not refute my charge that you were one of those most vociferous about firing Skip Holtz his first year at Tech. Please see another poster's comments about the contract term posted above.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Bore her "to death"? Would they charge me with 2nd degree murder, or something!?

If not....hmmmmm....
    Involuntary (wo)manslaughter perhaps. :-)

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

Who's laughing now?

If this match happened, and if Dawg80 won, it would be a significant milestone in his bio.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Exactly. Do you think she could have done that well at Tech? Hell no! The cat was out of the bag and schools with money were now investing in women's BB. She did not want to follow Barmore and she was smart enough to know Tech would not be able to compete, thus the extra year was important to her. But Tech's offer was more than fair for someone with no HC experience, it would have been stupid to try and compete with a Big 12 school.

Why do you think Barmore quit? He knew Tech would not be able to keep up.
    We were the laughing stock of womens basketball when we let her get away and that hasn't changed so the only ones hurt by DR stupidity was the Lady Techsters basketball Program, it was possibly the death of our program and people that are in favor or what DR did congrats you see where his stupidity has gotten us!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread