+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kim

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Kim

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    We were the laughing stock of womens basketball when we let her get away and that hasn't changed so the only ones hurt by DR stupidity was the Lady Techsters basketball Program, it was possibly the death of our program and people that are in favor or what DR did congrats you see where his stupidity has gotten us!!!!!!!!
    It's women's BB, most people/fans could care less. Can't you get it through your head that keeping Mulkey was not going to make any difference. Tech was not going to be able to keep up. Barmore knew that, thus his retirement.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Once again you let your emotions take control of your reasoning. Oh, and I noticed that you did not refute my charge that you were one of those most vociferous about firing Skip Holtz his first year at Tech. Please see another poster's comments about the contract term posted above.
    We can discuss Skip Holtz on the football forum, if you want such a thread.

As for pigtails, at that time, 4 years was the maximum "allowed" for coaching contracts. At least that was the prevailing argument.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    It's women's BB, most people/fans could care less. Can't you get it through your head that keeping Mulkey was not going to make any difference. Tech was not going to be able to keep up. Barmore knew that, thus his retirement.
    So Leon told you that ? He said those exact words to you??????
    I didn't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!

End of STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

. All of you that say people could care less keep posting. People cared big time about out our team until it was destroyed. If they put it in the right path people will be back. Tech fans should want every team to win. Anyone with a brain cell knows Mulkey would have made a difference-even if you hate her like some on here do. Winners find ways to win, and Mulkey is a winner. Would she have won championships here, maybe not, but we would not be terrible like we are today-and those you say don't care would be watching in the stands. It didn't happen, and we will never be able to get there again. I do hope we can actually compete again though.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    . All of you that say people could care less keep posting. People cared big time about out our team until it was destroyed. If they put it in the right path people will be back. Tech fans should want every team to win. Anyone with a brain cell knows Mulkey would have made a difference-even if you hate her like some on here do. Winners find ways to win, and Mulkey is a winner. Would she have won championships here, maybe not, but we would not be terrible like we are today-and those you say don't care would be watching in the stands. It didn't happen, and we will never be able to get there again. I do hope we can actually compete again though.
    Great post but BITTER BETTY's will find a way to say something negative about it as well!!!!!!!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    So Leon told you that ? He said those exact words to you??????
    I didn't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!

End of STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL. You don't know me. You have no freaking idea whether I know him or not.

I don't need to know you bubba
    I know him well enough to know those words NEVER came out of his mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leon is many things some good, some bad but he isn't scared of a challenge and he ain't a quitter so trust me you don't know him like you think you do or you would have never let those words come out of your mouth!!!!!!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Speaking only for myself, and not anyone else you might be addressing, I never said pigtails couldn't coach, or that our WBB program would have sunk as low as it has. ALL I have ever said, and still say, is that she stabbed her alma mater in the back and left us in a lurch.

There is NO QUESTION of the talent or leadership ability on the battlefield of a certain American general. He is credited with winning a crucial battle in a crucial war. So recognized was he in his ability that the supreme commander, the General-in-chief of the whole American Army was on his way to promote him. But, the talented young general got impatient, and before General George Washington could arrive, the young general, Benedict Arnold, offered his services to the enemy, in exchange for a promotion.

That's right! Arnold threw a temper tantrum when he was, at first, passed over for a promotion as General-in-chief for the Northern American Army. After his actions at the Battle of Saratoga, and the in-action of the other general, Washington was on his way to correct the mistake and name Benedict Arnold head of the Northern Army. Too bad Arnold hadn't wait just one more month. History would have been different. He put his own selfish desires ahead of the good of his country. So now, we don't remember Benedict Arnold for his generalship. His name is synonymous with being a TRAITOR!

There ya go....

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Speaking only for myself, and not anyone else you might be addressing, I never said pigtails couldn't coach, or that our WBB program would have sunk as low as it has. ALL I have ever said, and still say, is that she stabbed her alma mater in the back and left us in a lurch.

There is NO QUESTION of the talent or leadership ability on the battlefield of a certain American general. He is credited with winning a crucial battle in a crucial war. So recognized was he in his ability that the supreme commander, the General-in-chief of the whole American Army was on his way to promote him. But, the talented young general got impatient, and before General George Washington could arrive, the young general, Benedict Arnold, offered his services to the enemy, in exchange for a promotion.

That's right! Arnold threw a temper tantrum when he was, at first, passed over for a promotion as General-in-chief for the Northern American Army. After his actions at the Battle of Saratoga, and the in-action of the other general, Washington was on his way to correct the mistake and name Benedict Arnold head of the Northern Army. Too bad Arnold hadn't wait just one more month. History would have been different. He put his own selfish desires ahead of the good of his country. So now, we don't remember Benedict Arnold for his generalship. His name is synonymous with being a TRAITOR!

There ya go....
    I disagree she gave them a chance to do the right thing they didn't and she moved on.

She isn't a traitor she didn't accept the position before she gave them the chance man up too bad we were a man short in that conversation. Baylor wanted her more than DR wanted her and she went where she has always been celebrated and not just tolerated and we have been sucking it up ever since.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

she is one of best ever

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Could not care less = maddawg

Could care less = Champion110

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Could not care less = maddawg

Could care less = Champion110

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

BITTER BETTY or BUTT HURT BERT?

At least this thread has narrowed my own personal demographic category to these two!!

Our WBB plummet is attributable to decisions on who was hired (Long, Weatherspoon, Summitt) and NOT on who turned the job down (pigtails). We've had decent talent over the years to win 20 games very year, be in post season every year--NCAA, or WNIT at home--but not coaching to get us there. I've missed no more than one HOME game each season THIS CENTURY and have seen it all up close. Budke got us to a couple of NCAA's but checked out his last season, pulling a "Sonny Dykes". Long got us Dowdell, Johnson, Bendolph: Spoon had them too and Wingate. We've had talent for the 20 wins every year. Difficult to watch, even had my wife and I discussing dropping season tickets after Spoons last two dismal years and this year. Not good basketball, such a waste. Twenty wins every year, NCAA or WNIT home games every year, competing for conference titles every year and occasional potential for sweet 16, I'm good with.

Some of the crap that went on with the "annointed one" we let get away I'm not good with. Dawg80, Champ, Dawgpix, glm, ... ARE RIGHT!!

NOW LET'S GET THIS HIRE CORRECT.

Signed,

Bitter Betty, Butt Hurt Bert. NOT!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    BITTER BETTY or BUTT HURT BERT?

At least this thread has narrowed my own personal demographic category to these two!!

Our WBB plummet is attributable to decisions on who was hired (Long, Weatherspoon, Summitt) and NOT on who turned the job down (pigtails). We've had decent talent over the years to win 20 games very year, be in post season every year--NCAA, or WNIT at home--but not coaching to get us there. I've missed no more than one HOME game each season THIS CENTURY and have seen it all up close. Budke got us to a couple of NCAA's but checked out his last season, pulling a "Sonny Dykes". Long got us Dowdell, Johnson, Bendolph: Spoon had them too and Wingate. We've had talent for the 20 wins every year. Difficult to watch, even had my wife and I discussing dropping season tickets after Spoons last two dismal years and this year. Not good basketball, such a waste. Twenty wins every year, NCAA or WNIT home games every year, competing for conference titles every year and occasional potential for sweet 16, I'm good with.

Some of the crap that went on with the "annointed one" we let get away I'm not good with. Dawg80, Champ, Dawgpix, glm, ... ARE RIGHT!!

NOW LET'S GET THIS HIRE CORRECT.

Signed,

Bitter Betty, Butt Hurt Bert. NOT!!!
    Amen! I agree with everything you have stated. I will state that I supported each and every one of those coaches while they were here and will do so with the next coach, as well. They couldn't get it done, though. The next coach will have an even steeper hill, but I will stand behind that coach again. Just hoping that we get this correct now - as you stated.

+ Reply to Thread