+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kim

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Kim

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Amen! I agree with everything you have stated. I will state that I supported each and every one of those coaches while they were here and will do so with the next coach, as well. They couldn't get it done, though. The next coach will have an even steeper hill, but I will stand behind that coach again. Just hoping that we get this correct now - as you stated.
    Same here and I respect you for that. I (finally) "get" the whole internet/fan forum thing and try not to jump on those who do blast coaches, while instead aiming my responses at supporting the coach-program to whatever extent possible.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    BITTER BETTY or BUTT HURT BERT?

At least this thread has narrowed my own personal demographic category to these two!!

Our WBB plummet is attributable to decisions on who was hired (Long, Weatherspoon, Summitt) and NOT on who turned the job down (pigtails). We've had decent talent over the years to win 20 games very year, be in post season every year--NCAA, or WNIT at home--but not coaching to get us there. I've missed no more than one HOME game each season THIS CENTURY and have seen it all up close. Budke got us to a couple of NCAA's but checked out his last season, pulling a "Sonny Dykes". Long got us Dowdell, Johnson, Bendolph: Spoon had them too and Wingate. We've had talent for the 20 wins every year. Difficult to watch, even had my wife and I discussing dropping season tickets after Spoons last two dismal years and this year. Not good basketball, such a waste. Twenty wins every year, NCAA or WNIT home games every year, competing for conference titles every year and occasional potential for sweet 16, I'm good with.

Some of the crap that went on with the "annointed one" we let get away I'm not good with. Dawg80, Champ, Dawgpix, glm, ... ARE RIGHT!!

NOW LET'S GET THIS HIRE CORRECT.

Signed,

Bitter Betty, Butt Hurt Bert. NOT!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Amen! I agree with everything you have stated. I will state that I supported each and every one of those coaches while they were here and will do so with the next coach, as well. They couldn't get it done, though. The next coach will have an even steeper hill, but I will stand behind that coach again. Just hoping that we get this correct now - as you stated.
    Like x2
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    I disagree she gave them a chance to do the right thing they didn't and she moved on.

She isn't a traitor she didn't accept the position before she gave them the chance man up too bad we were a man short in that conversation. Baylor wanted her more than DR wanted her and she went where she has always been celebrated and not just tolerated and we have been sucking it up ever since.
    And THAT bolded part folks, is the final word. The absolute truth. The smartest thing Kim Mulkey ever did was move on to Baylor. And the dumbest thing the Lady Techsters ever did was let her go.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    So you want to make a head coach of a nonprofit sport the highest paid coach on campus? And an unproven one at that. I wouldn't want you running my company. This is one of the only things Reneau got right during his tenure.
    Amen

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Hey, I know the back of that head!

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Hey, I know the back of that head!

Hmmmm?

Varsity Bulldog dadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    And THAT bolded part folks, is the final word. The absolute truth. The smartest thing Kim Mulkey ever did was move on to Baylor. And the dumbest thing the Lady Techsters ever did was let her go.
    If that is so, the second dumbest thing that was done was to run off Kurt Budke. He won over 83% of all games and nearly 91% of conference games to Leon's 87% and 93%. He was more than just capable, but the Lady Techster crowd could not stand him not winning more games when he was right there with Leon and tutored by Leon. He was under appreciated and basically looking for another coaching job with the administration trying to force him out.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Budke was a good coach. Yes, it was clear he planned to use us a stepping stone....and I don't know anything about "the Lady Techster crowd" not being able to stand him. That is news to me. But, Budke was not a Tech guy, and he was looking to parlay success here to land a gig at a bigger school. So? Football and MBB coaches do that to us all the time. When Budke was here the landscape of WBB had already changed to the haves and the have-nots. All the big conferences were throwing money at WBB and it had become like every other sport.

The only negative I remember was some Techsters' fans claiming Budke purposely threw an NCAA playoff game just so our season would be over and he could get to Stillwater a few days sooner. I called BS on that then, and do now. And since the man is no longer with us, I choose to think the best of him. He was a good coach.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dadawgula View Post
    If that is so, the second dumbest thing that was done was to run off Kurt Budke. He won over 83% of all games and nearly 91% of conference games to Leon's 87% and 93%. He was more than just capable, but the Lady Techster crowd could not stand him not winning more games when he was right there with Leon and tutored by Leon. He was under appreciated and basically looking for another coaching job with the administration trying to force him out.
    Tech did not run him off. He left for a lot more money. The anger came because Leon invested a lot of time making sure he was the right choice before stepping down again.

+ Reply to Thread