+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you read the Bible?

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Re: How do you read the Bible?

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    "Conservative" is pretty relative. A "moderate" Southern Baptist would (typically, I think) be considered super-conservative in a lot of mainline churches.
    It's all relative. Compared to my Baptist preacher friends, I'm moderate. Compared to my Calvinist preacher friends, I'm a left wing liberal. Compared to my episcopal/pcusa preacher friends I'm a right wing conservative.

It's all in who you stand next to. There is always someone further to the left and right of you no matter where you stand.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

34 conservative

Thanks for posting this quiz Inudesu. It is very thought provoking.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I was wondering if anyone would say "in Hebrew and Greek."
    I used to read the NT in Greek, but I've kind of lost my command of the language in recent years.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

I got a 61, moderate. Makes me wonder what my friends who really are moderate to liberal would score. Though I guess with a 20 to 100 range, I really am just about dead in the middle of the scoring. Still, seems to me there's a lot of room left to the left of me.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

48 for me. no fair posting the link without posting your own score.

i agree with johnny in that i'm not sure i follow their definition of liberal/conservative. there were some questions where i chose the most "liberal" possible response, but i did not see the possible responses as a measure of liberal or conservative interpretation.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    48 for me. no fair posting the link without posting your own score.

i agree with johnny in that i'm not sure i follow their definition of liberal/conservative. there were some questions where i chose the most "liberal" possible response, but i did not see the possible responses as a measure of liberal or conservative interpretation.
    I may have to retake it. I've forgotten my specific score. It was "conservative" but possibly towards the upper end of the range.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

http://www.christianitytoday.com/le/...tml?paging=off

I think it's interesting that in the article he points out that much of his interest here is the spectrum of interpretations and (seeming) inconsistencies, but then includes a diagnostic tool that scores on an average (and therefore washes out the particular places that a conservative chooses a "moderate" position or vice versa).

+ Reply to Thread