+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: W. Basketball. LA Tech Sets Tuesday Press Conference to Name Brooke Stoehr Head Coach

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Re: W. Basketball. LA Tech Sets Tuesday Press Conference to Name Brooke Stoehr Head C

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I am quite happy that a Lady Techster is now running the program.
    Not only this, but a Lady Techster from the glory years that has head coaching experience. It seems to be everything people want in a head coach for LaTech.

She knows what we use to have, what we use to be, and she knows how to run a program and how our program was run. Due to the change in Womenīs Basketball over the past decade we may never achieve the same level of success, but I donīt have any doubts she will put us back in that direction.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: W. Basketball. LA Tech Sets Tuesday Press Conference to Name Brooke Stoehr Head C

Said all the right things.

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

She was real at the presser. I think the current team will definitely rally behind her.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Am really happy about the hire, but I have one question. Since she is not the offspring of coaching royalty, will someone on her staff be the child of a famous coach?

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Superb press conference coverage by Sean Isabella in todays Times. Top placement covering 2/3 of the sports section front page with around 23 column inches of text. He got the facts plus the essence of the event. Great writing as usual by Sean plus timely, appropriate emphasis the Times. Gotta give credit when due, even if it is the Times.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story...gram/83261032/

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

I am quite happy that a Lady Techster is now running the program.
    And, yes, don't bother stating the obvious differences for the better this time, or at least we hope and assume it will work this time; but just reading your one sentence makes me comment that, duh, we already had a "Ladt Techster running the orogram." Remember her? I know this should be and most likely will be different, but you sounded like we'd never had a Lady Techster run the program before. It didn't work out, but she was one.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    She was real at the presser. I think the current team will definitely rally behind her.
    Total agreement.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    And, yes, don't bother stating the obvious differences for the better this time, or at least we hope and assume it will work this time; but just reading your one sentence makes me comment that, duh, we already had a "Ladt Techster running the orogram." Remember her? I know this should be and most likely will be different, but you sounded like we'd never had a Lady Techster run the program before. It didn't work out, but she was one.
    yes, I remember. I think you read a little too much into my comment. It has nothing to do with T-Spoon. Post-Barmore, I just prefer Lady Techsters running our program, particularly those who played for him...for better or worse. I was much happier about T-spoon's hiring than I was Tyler's for that reason. I was optimistic, but never overly excited about Budke, Long, or Tyler. I was much more magnanimous with T-spoon's failure than theirs. I think because, in my view, this program doesn't belong to them...but it belongs to T-spoon. It belongs to Barmore. It belongs to Brooke. It belongs to all the players. And it belongs to all of us alumni.

Just my view though.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

yes, I remember. I think you read a little too much into my comment. It has nothing to do with T-Spoon. Post-Barmore, I just prefer Lady Techsters running our program, particularly those who played for him...for better or worse. I was much happier about T-spoon's hiring than I was Tyler's for that reason. I was optimistic, but never overly excited about Budke, Long, or Tyler. I was much more magnanimous with T-spoon's failure than theirs. I think because, in my view, this program doesn't belong to them...but it belongs to T-spoon. It belongs to Barmore. It belongs to Brooke. It belongs to all the players. And it belongs to all of us alumni.

Just my view though.
    Well put.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Definitely, good to hear some authenticity. I think so too

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the first coach with D1 WBB Head Coaching experience that we have hired since Barmore was here. That is amazing when you think about it. So, Lady Techster AND HC experience. I think this was an excellent choice!

Budke - JUCO
    Long - Assistant
    Spoon - A men's league of some sorts, I believe, but not NCAA. Plus, an Assistant.
    Summit - Assistant

I had to go back and edit this, because now that I think about it......... This is the first Head Coach in Lady Techster History that has been hired with D1 HC Experience. Even Barmore and Hogg didn't have that. That is remarkable, when you think about it.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

HELLO Champ! YOU were the one that said Brooke S. has done NOTHNG to earn the right to coach the Techsters. Then someone else asked you the question, what had Summit done to garner such a position. You were noticeably quiet on that one.

I'll say this, Brooke is a step up from the Boy Wonder. As I posted about thousand times that guy is clueless about basketball. Our program was going nowhere under him. I watched the Lady Demons and I watched the Techsters play over the past two years, and the Lady Demons were waaaaay better coached. Besides, I like Brooke and never really cared for Summit.

Will her hiring translate into great and wonderful things? That depends on how you define "success." The years of Final Four appearances are long gone for us. No, I refuse to think a FF appearance is impossible, but it will have to be an improbable run like Virginia Commonwealth did in MBB back in 2011. Yes, it could happen. But...

More importantly, I think we will see our Techsters performing up to their potential. Brooke will squeeze every ounce of success out of the team. They will go as far as their talent permits them to. And THAT IS GREAT! No under-achieving allowed.

And, she will run a clean program with high academic achievement and graduation rates.

I'll finish with this....I forgive you for your expressing dispersion on Brooke back then, when you posted what you did. Your 100% devotion to the Techsters over the years has earned for you the right to have a hiccup, now and then. I know we share this: we want to see the Techsters be successful.

Go Techsters!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    HELLO Champ! YOU were the one that said Brooke S. has done NOTHNG to earn the right to coach the Techsters. Then someone else asked you the question, what had Summit done to garner such a position. You were noticeably quiet on that one.

I'll say this, Brooke is a step up from the Boy Wonder. As I posted about thousand times that guy is clueless about basketball. Our program was going nowhere under him. I watched the Lady Demons and I watched the Techsters play over the past two years, and the Lady Demons were waaaaay better coached. Besides, I like Brooke and never really cared for Summit.

Will her hiring translate into great and wonderful things? That depends on how you define "success." The years of Final Four appearances are long gone for us. No, I refuse to think a FF appearance is impossible, but it will have to be an improbable run like Virginia Commonwealth did in MBB back in 2011. Yes, it could happen. But...

More importantly, I think we will see our Techsters performing up to their potential. Brooke will squeeze every ounce of success out of the team. They will go as far as their talent permits them to. And THAT IS GREAT! No under-achieving allowed.

And, she will run a clean program with high academic achievement and graduation rates.

I'll finish with this....I forgive you for your expressing dispersion on Brooke back then, when you posted what you did. Your 100% devotion to the Techsters over the years has earned for you the right to have a hiccup, now and then. I know we share this: we want to see the Techsters be successful.

Go Techsters!

I think you are taking a statement from when we had a current coach and I was supporting that coach. You will certainly see (if you look at most of my posts) that I have always stated that Brooke was my favorite Techster of all time. That has always been true. I am happy with the hire and think it was an excellent choice. I am very glad to have someone with HC experience and I totally agree with you that she will have them performing up to their potential.

+ Reply to Thread