+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: M. Basketball. Bulldogs Add Power Forward in Late Signing Period

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Re: M. Basketball. Bulldogs Add Power Forward in Late Signing Period

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I see what you did funny man.
    Thank you sir may I have another.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    That's not why Stapleton transferred. He, his momma, and his handler were hongry for something that had nothing to do with team.

BTW, did anybody report this?

http://insidemsusports.com/2016/03/3...r-acl-surgery/
    My brother is at State and sees Stapleton around on crutches on campus every so often. He could have been a star at Tech but was impatient.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Blessing that he chose to move on. May not have suited up much for us seeing his injury situation play out like it has. Hate it for him.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    My brother is at State and sees Stapleton around on crutches on campus every so often. He could have been a star at Tech but he, his momma, and his handler were greedy.
    FIFY

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Stapleton probably wouldn't have been that big of a factor at Moo State anyhow. Have you paid any attention to their recruiting this year ?? One Hell of a class (especially for a Moo State), if they sign their commitments.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-s.../classrankings

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Stapleton probably wouldn't have been that big of a factor at Moo State anyhow. Have you paid any attention to their recruiting this year ?? One Hell of a class (especially for a Moo State), if they sign their commitments.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-s.../classrankings
    Naw. Once he finally gets his one year in Starkville he is moving on to the association... according to his peeps.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

nadB - I'm comfortable with the roster changes. It seems like it's a significant upgrade in talent. However, as I have posted before, quoting Michael Jordan, individual talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. Hopefully, team chemistry will be better than this past season. Also, I'm hoping for a significant improvement in the OOC schedule.

I do not like seeing Dayon leave since he became one of my favorites. I sense that he got frustrated at times because his teammates didn't look for him when he was hot. Prime example: If you look at a replay of the January 9th Charlotte home OT win, you will see that Dayon had very few touches on the offensive end in the last 5 minutes of regulation and the 5 minutes of OT. In that game, he was 7 of 8 in 3 point shooting and perfect on his three 2 pt shots. Add in 1 for 2 at the line and he scored 28 points. Dayon was the team's leading scorer that night but he was shut out of touches in crunch time.

It was the Charlotte game that started my posts about needing better teamwork. Teamwork varied from game to game for the rest of the season. My opinion is that we lost 3 regular season conference games, maybe 4, because we failed to play team ball for significant periods of time during the game.

The last road trip win at Marshall and the OT loss against an improving WKU team gave me a lot of hope for the tournament, but that hope was quickly ended by our poor play. In the tournament, better teamwork early in the game gave us an early lead over ODU. After an early ODU timeout, we shifted away from enthusiastic team play to lackadaisical individual play. Remember, we played ODU after UAB had been eliminated by WKU. I just don't understand the lack of focus on beating ODU. After all, they were the team that snapped our home winning streak just 2 days before the Charlotte game mentioned above.

Even though I did not support us accepting the pay-to-play tournament, I had my arrangements thought out. However, health issues ended the possibility of making the trip before I booked the 2 non-refundable flights. I did not support going to the Vegas16 tournament because our team chemistry just never got right during the season. There were games where it was great. The last 17 minutes of the UAB home game are a prime example of what we could do. In an 11 minute span in the 2nd half, we outscored UAB 34-13 and that turned an 10 point deficit into an 11 point lead. We held on and won by 9.

Bottom line: Next season, we will see an improvement in talent, a loss in experience (hopefully only through early season), and team chemistry is to be determined. I'm expecting great results next season. See y'all in the TAC in November and hopefully at the tournament in March. I plan to be wherever it is, health permitting.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    nadB - I'm comfortable with the roster changes. It seems like it's a significant upgrade in talent. However, as I have posted before, quoting Michael Jordan, individual talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. Hopefully, team chemistry will be better than this past season. Also, I'm hoping for a significant improvement in the OOC schedule.

I do not like seeing Dayon leave since he became one of my favorites. I sense that he got frustrated at times because his teammates didn't look for him when he was hot. Prime example: If you look at a replay of the January 9th Charlotte home OT win, you will see that Dayon had very few touches on the offensive end in the last 5 minutes of regulation and the 5 minutes of OT. In that game, he was 7 of 8 in 3 point shooting and perfect on his three 2 pt shots. Add in 1 for 2 at the line and he scored 28 points. Dayon was the team's leading scorer that night but he was shut out of touches in crunch time.

It was the Charlotte game that started my posts about needing better teamwork. Teamwork varied from game to game for the rest of the season. My opinion is that we lost 3 regular season conference games, maybe 4, because we failed to play team ball for significant periods of time during the game.

The last road trip win at Marshall and the OT loss against an improving WKU team gave me a lot of hope for the tournament, but that hope was quickly ended by our poor play. In the tournament, better teamwork early in the game gave us an early lead over ODU. After an early ODU timeout, we shifted away from enthusiastic team play to lackadaisical individual play. Remember, we played ODU after UAB had been eliminated by WKU. I just don't understand the lack of focus on beating ODU. After all, they were the team that snapped our home winning streak just 2 days before the Charlotte game mentioned above.

Even though I did not support us accepting the pay-to-play tournament, I had my arrangements thought out. However, health issues ended the possibility of making the trip before I booked the 2 non-refundable flights. I did not support going to the Vegas16 tournament because our team chemistry just never got right during the season. There were games where it was great. The last 17 minutes of the UAB home game are a prime example of what we could do. In an 11 minute span in the 2nd half, we outscored UAB 34-13 and that turned an 10 point deficit into an 11 point lead. We held on and won by 9.

Bottom line: Next season, we will see an improvement in talent, a loss in experience (hopefully only through early season), and team chemistry is to be determined. I'm expecting great results next season. See y'all in the TAC in November and hopefully at the tournament in March. I plan to be wherever it is, health permitting
    Many Thanks, Howard...................... Always so nice to get your take on next year's prospects.

Wish I could agree and expect an improvement in talent, but I just can't see it. Especially not with losing Alex, one of the very best players we've ever had. There is a big transition going from high school or junior college to D-1, and I don't expect much next year out of any of the new signees coming in. Perhaps the jc can help out with some good minutes ?? Guess we'll have to see. Whatever, we will have little or no quality depth again this coming year and I'm not expecting an up-tempo game plan.

Ditto on seeing a "loss in experience", and that will be a serious shortfall.

Ditto also on the "team chemistry to be determined". Will be interesting to watch next year to see how much (if any) of that problem is a coaching issue.

Thanks again for your thoughts, and I will continue to pray daily for your full recovery. We all look forward to seeing you and Judy in the TAC next season for every home game.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Dan. Rarely do you see juco transfers or high school players make a quick adjustment to competition at this level (at least the ones we get). The loss in experience is significant and it will be obvious on the court next year. Both Dayon and Merrill made significant strides this year. I don't understand why they left but I'm not blaming it on Konkol because he gave them every opportunity in the world to be successful. I doubt they find greater opportunity elsewhere.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I agree with Dan......
    Wowsers

Thanks, boxer. Can't think of anybody on the mbb board I'd rather have agree with me (a rare occurrence) than you.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Wowsers

Thanks, boxer. Can't think of anybody on the mbb board I'd rather have agree with me (a rare occurrence) than you.
    I hear he drinks these at tailgates http://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M1...705H0&pid=15.1

Not these http://www.liquormart.com/media/cata.../20774_204.jpg

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered those Dogs?

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

From what I heard Jacobi and Dayon just flat out didn't like each other and one of them had to go. I love the defense that Jacobi provides more than I love Dayon's inconsistent jump shot. This could have played a key role in some of the team chemistry issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    From what I heard Jacobi and Dayon just flat out didn't like each other and one of them had to go. I love the defense that Jacobi provides more than I love Dayon's inconsistent jump shot. This could have played a key role in some of the team chemistry issues.
    Makes sense. Probably happens much more than we hear about.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Rarely do you see juco transfers or high school players make a quick adjustment to competition at this level (at least the ones we get).
    I disagree -

Depends on the core group you have returning -

Craig Jackson
    Marco Cole
    Ron Ellis
    Chris Anderson
    Jaron Johnson

are just a few off the top of my head that were very good jucos who came in and played from the get go and contributed significant minutes

When one's perspective is slanted to want one outcome over another, we tend to not remember things how they really are -

More often than not - especially on our REALLY good jucos we tend forget how good they were

Look at our roster the past 10 years - it's littered with HS players who didn't pan out or see significant minutes
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread