+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HoDo: An Unexpected Journey

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

HoDo: An Unexpected Journey

Those who know me well know that I love to travel. 5 weeks ago I began a journey never expected.

A week of medical tests established that I have esophageal cancer. A PET scan indicated that cancer has spread to the liver, lungs, and lymph nodes. I had these tests because I was not able to eat solid food and liquids seemed to get stuck in my esophagus just before getting to the stomach. I went 3 days without being able to eat or drink.

Being a numbers guy the first thing I did was check into long term survival rates. The answer is less than 5% survive over 5 years. No problems for me if I leave this earth behind because I have Jesus as my Savior. I’ve always been at peace with the prospect of a much earlier than expected death. I do not fear death of my earthly body.

However, I firmly believe that God can heal, and that HE WILL heal me. His mighty power will be shown through my healing.

I am doing doctor recommended chemotherapy. Chemotherapy, along with not being able to eat solid foods for the past 5 weeks, has significantly reduced my energy level. The “good” news is that I’ve lost over 40 pounds in the last 6 weeks. I don’t recommend the cancer method of weight loss to anyone.

Even better news is that today, I was able to eat 4 small bites of a hamburger steak and 3 small bites of hash browns. This is an answer to the prayer of many people asking that the tumor shrink. The ability to eat solid food indicates to me that the tumor is shrinking. This may keep me from having a PEG feeding tube inserted through my abdomen into the stomach.

Please remember my family (and friends) in your prayers as we are on this journey.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: HoDo: An Unexpected Journey

HoDo, ............................................. I'm feeling crushed by this news of your "journey".
    Thanks for sharing.
    My prayers are with you.
    Best Wishes Always.
    danB

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Wow, that is tough news. I will absolutely remember you and your family in prayer and well wishes. 5% isn't a huge chance, but it is a chance. I firmly believe that your mental outlook is half the battle, and you seem to be very positive.

Wishing you nothing but the best.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    HoDo, ............................................. I'm feeling crushed by this news of your "journey".
    Thanks for sharing.
    My prayers are with you.
    Best Wishes Always.
    danB
    Bless you man. It could be any of us.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Grateful for men like you, HoDo.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear this, Howard. Prayers tonight. We KNOW God is able to deliver you. Thanks for sharing this with your Tech family so we can be praying with you.You the kind of person who beats this: faith, positive attitude, lots to live for.

Be making your plans for the 2026 conference tournament.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

We'll be praying for you here in Haughton!

A guy I work with just started back at work last week after beating Lymphoma. Beliving for the same outcome for you.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I am so sorry you are going through this! I will be praying for healing. That cancer diet is a little too radical for me- so glad you were able to eat today.

Kayla

Puppy chathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the roughchathamdawgfan is a jewel in the rough

You will definitely be in my prayers. May God be glorified through your healing.

Puppy bskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of lightbskelley15 is a glorious beacon of light

Don't know you, but I know what you're going through. My mother found out Christmas week she has the same cancer after having difficulty keeping food down for almost a full year. The tube has been a nightmare, but she has completed chemo and radiation. CAT scans this week were negative. Her PET scan Monday will determine whether her tumor has shrunk or spread. Hoping you both eventually have great news to share.

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Those who know me well know that I love to travel. 5 weeks ago I began a journey never expected.

A week of medical tests established that I have esophageal cancer. A PET scan indicated that cancer has spread to the liver, lungs, and lymph nodes. I had these tests because I was not able to eat solid food and liquids seemed to get stuck in my esophagus just before getting to the stomach. I went 3 days without being able to eat or drink.

Being a numbers guy the first thing I did was check into long term survival rates. The answer is less than 5% survive over 5 years. No problems for me if I leave this earth behind because I have Jesus as my Savior. I’ve always been at peace with the prospect of a much earlier than expected death. I do not fear death of my earthly body.

However, I firmly believe that God can heal, and that HE WILL heal me. His mighty power will be shown through my healing.

I am doing doctor recommended chemotherapy. Chemotherapy, along with not being able to eat solid foods for the past 5 weeks, has significantly reduced my energy level. The “good” news is that I’ve lost over 40 pounds in the last 6 weeks. I don’t recommend the cancer method of weight loss to anyone.

Even better news is that today, I was able to eat 4 small bites of a hamburger steak and 3 small bites of hash browns. This is an answer to the prayer of many people asking that the tumor shrink. The ability to eat solid food indicates to me that the tumor is shrinking. This may keep me from having a PEG feeding tube inserted through my abdomen into the stomach.

Please remember my family (and friends) in your prayers as we are on this journey.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    So sorry to hear this, Howard. Prayers tonight. We KNOW God is able to deliver you. Thanks for sharing this with your Tech family so we can be praying with you.You the kind of person who beats this: faith, positive attitude, lots to live for.

Be making your plans for the 2026 conference tournament.
    I was hoping you would share this with your TECH family, HODO! I wanted to a few times but knew you should be the one to do so when you were ready. Many, Many people love and respect you. You have made an impact on 100's of young people and their parents. Praying for all described here and have faith that God has an awesome plan for my brother. YOU are a true hero in my book.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Howard you know how we feel, you got this covered man...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Absolutely have the support of your Tech Family. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. God Bless You.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you, Ho-do, in dealing with this awful disease. May your recovery be quick and your pain minimal. Thanks for sharing.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

We continue to pray for you, Howard, and you are on our prayer list at FBC Homer.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread