+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HoDo: An Unexpected Journey

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: HoDo: An Unexpected Journey

Prayers and well wishes from my wife and I. Faith can move mountains!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

HoDo, prayers for you and your family!
    The post on this forum can get quite nasty from time to time, but in actuality, we are all one family!
    God Bless

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

HoDo, my family is praying for you and your family.

Lord, I pray that you'd bless HoDo's family even more than you already have. Pour blessings upon them and Comfort them with your Spirit.

John 14:16 - And I will pray to the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

“The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.” (Luke 18:27)

“Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the Church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.” (James 5:14)

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

My thoughts are with you Mr. Howard. You are the exact type of person that can beat this illness! The Tech (and Taylor) family loves you!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post

“Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the Church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up... (James 5:14)

What a great verse. I hope Howard will share the touching story he has recently experienced that this verse relates to...

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

My thoughts and prayers are with you, HoDo. You've got a prayer army on BBB going on this unexpected journey with you. May God bless you with comfort, strength, and healing.

Varsity Bulldog rlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of light

Praying for you and your family as you fight this battle!

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Thanks again for all the prayers. As Maddawg stated, I've experienced touching moments when people began learning of my cancer. I've been very blessed that God has used to me to share His love with hundred's of boys and girls for over 30 years in church and in the neighborhoods around town. The outpouring of love from these children, many grown now with children of their own, has been amazing. I receive several cards in the mail daily from children or their parents and on Sundays I may get 20 or 30.

More to share later but I've got to head to a mediation. I'm trying to wind up nearly 2 years of service as a court appointed administrator of a large estate - 33 rent houses, and lots of other stuff to distribute among competing heirs. The mediation concerns the service of the person (a daughter) previously appointed as executrix. Several of the other heirs were not satisfied with her service so there was a suit filed. They all seem to be satisfied with the progress I've made in settling the estate. Once the dispute about the service of the previous executrix is resolved the estate will be settled quickly.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I have been involved in such estate matters, as a consultant, usually on the land & timber value, when such property was involved. It's amazing how siblings will rip each other apart over their inheritance. I have had to testify in court on several occasions on the methodology I (or we, had help sometimes) used to determine the value of the timber, etc... Kids of deceased parents, most of whom lived out of state and never gave one hoot about the timber or the property for decades, but now all of sudden they want to question every dollar, as if they were all experts on land & timber valuation.

Greed....

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Been around cancer too much for my tastes the last few years. I am praying for you.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Greed....
    Greed is true in most cases, but sometimes there are other factors.

Funny, but sad, true story. On one estate I settled as court appointed administrator, all issues had been resolved by my settlement proposal except for an cracked iron washpot in the backyard of momma's house. They both said momma had promised it to them. Momma's will only specified that the property be divided equally between the two. I offered to sell the washpot to the highest bidder. Neither one wanted to make a bid since they each felt they owned it. Since the house was for sale anyway, I decided that the washpot would stay with the house. Each daughter started scrambling to get a loan to buy the other one out. One daughter got a loan, paid me for the house, changed the contact number on the for sale sign, and moved the washpot. Several months of "For Sale" by owner got no results so she listed with a realtor. The house eventually sold, but the bottom line is that she paid $5000 for the washpot. She had to pay interest on the loan, a realtor fee, and she sold the house for less than she paid for it. However, she was still happy because she got the washpot. If she had made any bid when I asked for one, she would have gotten it much easier at much less cost.

Thanks again for all the posts, phone calls, PM's, and e-mails of support and encouragement. Each one means a lot to me. Please continue to pray for me. Your prayer is working.

I had a James 5 prayer session of prayer last Thursday night and the following day I was able to eat a small amount of solid food for the first time in several weeks. Since then, my intake of solid food has increased a little each day. This is a clear indication that the tumor is shrinking. My 3rd round of chemo starts tomorrow.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

"This is a clear indication that the tumor is shrinking. My 3rd round of chemo starts tomorrow."

Like to read that.

The "chemo" part sucks mud, but our Lord knows how to work with that also.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

You're on my mind Hodo. Chemo is no fun.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Sometimes things don't look so good. But Dawgs are fighters and know how to rally!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDbokLl9ejQ

I don't know the issues, with this new laptop I can't seem to copy and paste links that work. Oh well...point is, keep fighting HoDo, you're gonna win this!

+ Reply to Thread