+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New signee arrested....

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: New recruit arrested....

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Something could happen that would change my mind, but based on what I know now, I think the ADs best move is to withdraw the scholarship and give this kid an apple and a roadmap.
    . Obviously the scholarship goes but the only map he may need is of the prison yard--- on his bio at signing day he says his favorite pastime is game of wars and he has a gift for acting. Innocent til etc but if not he played the part of good guy pretty well. And of course most of us old farts think those violent -shoot up games .... Etc

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: New signee arrested....

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Per Wiki, his father was a doctor (dentist) and his mother, Andree Layton Roaf, was the first black woman to serve on the Arkansas Supreme Court.

Pretty impressive!
    . Lot of Old timers knew about it ( and Fred dean coming to practice after accidentally shooting himself)- Bradshaw taking Duck Commanders spot but I seriously doubt many others did-- glad you posted that great story. I Remember him sitting on sideline of Saints games with glasses on studying film during game.

Unfortunately the "victim" has identified Beasly as the shooter-- he had bag with gun, drugs , money and drugs ( the 'victim"). Just hit me that there Is nothing about this story that enriches my life so moving on

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I just had to read the tweets to know my life wouldn't be enriched. I'm glad we found out what he was before he got here. As bad as he is, you would think we would have already known it before he tweeted.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I just had to read the tweets to know my life wouldn't be enriched. I'm glad we found out what he was before he got here. As bad as he is, you would think we would have already known it before he tweeted.
    OK .....about 7 years ago that sentence of yours would have made absolutely zero sense unless you were a bird.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Something could happen that would change my mind, but based on what I know now, I think the ADs best move is to withdraw the scholarship and give this kid an apple and a roadmap.
    Best to save money and let him buy his own apple and roadmap. Like others have said, at least he didn't pull this crap about mid season.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    OK .....about 7 years ago that sentence of yours would have made absolutely zero sense unless you were a bird.
    I'm still not entirely sure how tweeting works. Not the internet kind and not the bird kind.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

I personally don't believe any of us would want this kid in the same town as our kids. I am anxiously awaiting the "justified move" by our HC or AD to rescind this scholly & set an example for our athletics program. No thugs need apply.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I'm still not entirely sure how tweeting works. Not the internet kind and not the bird kind.
    I'm not either.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Once the legal process is over and if he makes some changes, he may deserve a second chance. But not at Louisiana Tech

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    Once the legal process is over and if he makes some changes, he may deserve a second chance. But not at Louisiana Tech
    He needs to get his act together then go the JUCO route. But the stupid stuff has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    He needs to get his act together then go the JUCO route. But the stupid stuff has to stop.
    I hope so but as the saying goes, "You can't fix stupid" seems to hang around many of these kids.
    That said, Christ can change his heart, attitude and total life.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I realize there are exceptions, but I try not to cast stones after several years of volunteer work. I have helped out at soup kitchens, homeless shelters, and numerous rehab facilities. Addiction, bad luck, and bad decisions are three things that aren't picky about the age of the person who falls victim. I have seen successful students, athletes, field workers, and businessmen from every age bracket who made 1 decision that ruined a relatively perfect life or at least started a spiral that direction. Anyone can come back from it, and anyone can fall prey to it as well. I pray daily that I, my family, and friends are fortunate enough to never become that desperate, misguided, or unwise. Hope he figures it out and, if it is in the cards, makes it back to play for us or someone.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Techman05, what a fantastic post from a different perspective.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I realize there are exceptions, but I try not to cast stones after several years of volunteer work. I have helped out at soup kitchens, homeless shelters, and numerous rehab facilities. Addiction, bad luck, and bad decisions are three things that aren't picky about the age of the person who falls victim. I have seen successful students, athletes, field workers, and businessmen from every age bracket who made 1 decision that ruined a relatively perfect life or at least started a spiral that direction. Anyone can come back from it, and anyone can fall prey to it as well. I pray daily that I, my family, and friends are fortunate enough to never become that desperate, misguided, or unwise. Hope he figures it out and, if it is in the cards, makes it back to play for us or someone.
    Great post! I hope and pray that he is able to turn it around. It is going to take a lot of support for him to do that and, football or not, for many to be able to do that. Even with support, it will eventually be up to him to turn it around.

+ Reply to Thread