+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What no ULA LA Thread?

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

What no ULA LA Thread?

We need to smack talk the little sisters of the pour every chance we get. What are our chances of beating the #12 ULALA's at their place?

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Re: What no ULA LA Thread?

My grandmother always taught me that if I can't say anything nice, I shouldn't open my mouth. I don't consider them a rival, I just flat out can't stand fans of the coonass college. At least the ones that troll message boards and think they're worth the time of any self-respecting Tech fan.

That said, they're our bitch until they prove otherwise on the field. I see no reason we shouldn't win this game other than that we're playing around .500 ball on the road this year.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

They are a better team, but it's baseball so we have a chance.

Baseball and pre-game smack talk don't go together, especially when looking past a team that has already beaten us.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

The Leopard's pitching is much better than ours and they have a bit more power in their lineup.

They:
    are slow.
    have run themselves out of many innings due to high school base running mistakes.
    have issues with bunting that I have never seen in a quality club.
    make their share of errors and mental fielding mistakes.
    somehow, seem to get just enough runs to win, especially in the later innings.

They basically live and die by their pitching and timely power hitting.

There have been several average to below average pitchers that have shut them down, but, they still find a way to win.
    Example, yesterday, they beat Texas State 1-0 on four walks in the 7th inning, in Lafayette.

They play well at home but just got some seriously bad legal news about their main baseball sponsor.

Some of their fans are realistic and say that the Leopards are overrated, are not a top 25 team.
    I definitely agree with this. Their pitching is top 25 caliber but their hitting, fielding, base running and mental decisions are way off.

We have a much better hitting lineup, with speed.

But, this is baseball, ANYTHING can happen.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    They play well at home but just got some seriously bad legal news about their main baseball sponsor.
    What happened? Was he the one paying off the Mississippi ACT administrator and paying the recruits?

Puppy no1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeno1cajunfan Ultimate jerk and not worth your time no1cajunfan's Avatar

We're average? Latest Coaches poll has Lafayette ranked #16 and D1 Baseball has Lafayette ranked #18 but you think were average??? You guys wish you were average. Have yall had a winning record in the last 10 years? Lafatette has been to a Super Regional the last 2 consecutive years and this year should be the same.... When you ladies get a chance leave the arm pit of Louisiana you call Ruston and come down to Lafayette and check out our new baseball stadium. Construction will start after this season is over. See ya in Lafayette and remember, "there's no cryin in baseball"...

They:
    are slow.
    have run themselves out of many innings due to high school base running mistakes.

There have been several average to below average pitchers that have shut them down, but, they still find a way to win.
    Example, yesterday, they beat Texas State 1-0 on four walks in the 7th inning, in Lafayette.

Some of their fans are realistic and say that the Leopards are overrated, are not a top 25 team.
    I definitely agree with this. Their pitching is top 25 caliber but their hitting, fielding, base running and mental decisions are way off.

But, this is baseball, ANYTHING can happen.[/QUOTE]

Puppy McNeese722 is a jewel in the roughMcNeese722 is a jewel in the roughMcNeese722 is a jewel in the roughMcNeese722 is a jewel in the roughMcNeese722 is a jewel in the roughMcNeese722 is a jewel in the roughMcNeese722 is a jewel in the roughMcNeese722 is a jewel in the roughMcNeese722 is a jewel in the roughMcNeese722 is a jewel in the roughMcNeese722 is a jewel in the rough

<stealth mode: on>

Doc

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    we're average? Latest coaches poll has louisiana ranked #16 and d1 baseball has louisiana ranked #18 but you think were average??? You guys wish you were average. Have yall had a winning record in the last 10 years? Louisiana has been to a super regional the last 2 consecutive years and this year should be the same.... When you ladies get a chance leave the arm pit of louisiana you call ruston and come down to lafayette and check out our new baseball stadium. Construction will start after this season is over. See ya in lafayette and remember, "there's no cryin in baseball"...

They:
    Are slow.
    Have run themselves out of many innings due to high school base running mistakes.
    Have issues with bunting that i have never seen in a quality club.
    Make their share of errors and mental fielding mistakes.
    Somehow, seem to get just enough runs to win, especially in the later innings.

Example, yesterday, they beat texas state 1-0 on four walks in the 7th inning, in lafayette.

Some of their fans are realistic and say that the leopards are overrated, are not a top 25 team.

But, this is baseball, anything can happen.
    [/quote]

Wow, just wow. Reading comprehension must not be strong in Leopard-Land. No where did I call ULL average.
    In my humble opinion, I think ULL is about 40-ish. There is nothing average about that.
    But, that is all because of your pitching.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

According to Google, Ruston is not the armpit of Louisiana. So there is that.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...of%20louisiana

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey DJ...I started to reply, but then as I read the incoherent screaming, insults and blather, I got the mental image of Looney Toons' Tasmanian Devil character. Then, I felt sorry for him and canceled my reply. Does his message not remind you of this?

Taz05.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Hey DJ...I started to reply, but then as I read the incoherent screaming, insults and blather, I got the mental image of Looney Toons' Tasmanian Devil character. Then, I felt sorry for him and canceled my reply. Does his message not remind you of this?

Attachment 13388
    Yea, it was strange.

"Taz hates water!" Tazmanian Devil

Varsity Bulldog OakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the rough OakTechDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    We're average? Latest Coaches poll has Louisiana ranked #16 and D1 Baseball has Louisiana ranked #18 but you think were average??? You guys wish you were average. Have yall had a winning record in the last 10 years? Louisiana has been to a Super Regional the last 2 consecutive years and this year should be the same.... When you ladies get a chance leave the arm pit of Louisiana you call Ruston and come down to Lafayette and check out our new baseball stadium. Construction will start after this season is over. See ya in Lafayette and remember, "there's no cryin in baseball"...

They:
    are slow.

But, this is baseball, ANYTHING can happen.
    [/QUOTE]

Have you ever lived an extended time in Ruston? If so then my following rant is not justified and you are entitled to your opinion all be it as stupid as it is. I lived for 3 years in Lafayette Parish. 1 in the city limits of Lafayette and 2 in Youngsville before getting transferred to work. I can honestly say I like Ruston and I do like the Lafayette area. There is nothing wrong with Ruston. It is by far from an Arm Pit. If I had the choice I would probably live in Ruston over Lafayette. I prefer the smaller town feel than the big city type, which is probably why I really loved living in Youngsville. Comments about it being an Arm Pit are just dumb unless you actually have spent a fair share of time there. Watching Tech beat down UL-Lafayette in Ruston does NOT count as living there. Just because you distaste the Tech doesn't mean you have to hate the city. If that was the case, then I would never ever set foot in Lafayette Parish again solely based on people like you on message boards. You probably are not that bad in real life. I have quite a few friends that are UL-Lafayette Alumni and non seem to be as derogatory to Tech and Ruston as you and your comrades over on Ragin Pagin. Yes I have read every great once in a while and will NEVER I repeat NEVER post on there. Furthermore I have attended a couple baseball games and 2 football games in Lafayette and have some semblance of respect for your university, but y'all make it hard.

I digress. Yes yall's new stadium will be nice. Yes you are better than average in baseball. Yes we dominate y'all in football. Yes we beat you already in baseball this year (thus plenty of crying by UL-Lafyette). Is it possible we win yes. Is it possible we lose, yes. Should y'all beat us based on rankings, yes. Do I wish our baseball program would have been average over last 10 years, yes. Didn't help our old coach was an assistant at UL-Lafayette before coming to Tech where he underachieved in my opinion. By the way...yall are missing a golden opportunity to attach yourselves to Lafayette (cool place to live see above statements) and not "Louisiana". If y'all spent as much effort in branding the wrong way then y'all may could have beat us in Football in last 10 years.

Lafayette food...way better than Ruston. Trust this former fat fat boy. Now I am just a fat boy. -sentence I forgot.

I challenge YOU to spend an entire weekend in Ruston and give it a legitimate chance instead of your preconceived notion that it sucks. Quite frankly there is a lot of Lafayette Parish that sucks as well.

Thats it. I quit. Probably will be my longest post ever on here. Good Night.
    Last edited by OakTechDawg; 04-25-2016 at 07:09 PM. Reason: forgot 1 thing.

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Is Sutten pitching against ULaLa?

They ain't getting a new stadium, unless they can find another Mr.Baseball Moneybags.

http://www.courthousenews.com/CNSNEWS/Story/Index/89209

Varsity Bulldog OakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the rough OakTechDawg's Avatar

Oh wow. Thats not good for Superior esp in these times in our oilfield. I know several buddies that work for Superior that graduated from Tech.

+ Reply to Thread