+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best QBs in this NFL Draft will be Memphis Paxton Lynch and Jeff Driskel

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Re: Best QBs in this NFL Draft will be Memphis Paxton Lynch and Jeff Driskel

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    It's all about winning in the NFL, especially if you're the leader of the team. The NFL don't give out trophies for participation.
    Sure they do. Salaries, individual awards come to mind

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Me too.

But that was not the point of my original post
    I know it wasn't, and I was not intending to be argumentative. What I was trying to say was that I think Bradshaw could have played NFL football as a linebacker had he lacked a rocket arm. As a QB, he was extremely good and played very well by optimizing the talent around him as the play caller. Man, I wish he had been calling plays in the 4th quarter of the Houston game in Ruston. We wouldn't have seen Franklin's nonsense that quarter costing Tech a game. Even with the nonsensical play calls, we still would have won merely by snapping the ball with 5 seconds instead of 15 or more. That game still bothers me as our team was used to promote a system instead of playing to win the game.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Yeah. Bradshaw had some awesome players to aide his talent. There have been better QBs with no help that never had a chance. Rattay and McCown are NOT terry, but could you imagine a young "them" getting a great team around them?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I know it wasn't, and I was not intending to be argumentative. What I was trying to say was that I think Bradshaw could have played NFL football as a linebacker had he lacked a rocket arm. As a QB, he was extremely good and played very well by optimizing the talent around him as the play caller. Man, I wish he had been calling plays in the 4th quarter of the Houston game in Ruston. We wouldn't have seen Franklin's nonsense that quarter costing Tech a game. Even with the nonsensical play calls, we still would have won merely by snapping the ball with 5 seconds instead of 15 or more. That game still bothers me as our team was used to promote a system instead of playing to win the game.
    Dang! wish I had said that

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Dang! wish I had said that
    Did I inadvertently plagiarize you? My memory is poor so it is possible.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Yeah. Bradshaw had some awesome players to aide his talent. There have been better QBs with no help that never had a chance. Rattay and McCown are NOT terry, but could you imagine a young "them" getting a great team around them?
    Rattay had great players around him. Lot's of 'em. That's why his teams beat Alabama twice.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Rattay had great players around him. Lot's of 'em. That's why his teams beat Alabama twice.
    Absolutely. His offenses were loaded.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Luke didn't have elite WR's but he had some good ones and some very good RB's playing behind him in Joe and Gitmo.

Out problem back then was defense. Had some good individual players but overall our defense wasn't being played at a high enough level.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I think he's talking about in the NFL.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Ahh..... Well then he's definitely correct. IIRC Rattay's offensive lines in Frisco were among the worst I've ever seen. And Luke was drafted by the Browns, nothing more needs to be said about that.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    nothing more needs to be said about that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otm4RusESNU

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Thank you. College, our quarterbacks were set talent wise. That's why their numbers showed their arm talent

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Did I inadvertently plagiarize you? My memory is poor so it is possible.
    Actually, I started a thread after that game where I detailed that we could have burned 8+ mins off the clock, beginning in the middle of the 3rd qtr simply by waiting to snap the ball. I knew that because at the game I started my stopwatch, on my watch, and accumulated the time that could have been run off, but wasn't. The counter argument by some was "that's not who we are, and by doing that our offense would have lost its edge." Well...we never scored another point after the middle of the 3rd qtr anyway, being stuck on 34. So that argument was rendered moot. If we were to be stuck on 34, it would have been better to shorten the game and deny the Coogs the time they needed to come back.

Water under the bridge now, eh.

+ Reply to Thread