+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Corey Barker to TCU

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Corey Barker to TCU

This is a big hire for Konkol. We lost his top asst McMahon before he even started and now Barker our best recruiter. Glad it was after signing period. Hope he has some good people in mind. Barker was our main recruiter and was great at finding players and building relationships with them to get the here! You would have to think someone with LA, TX connections would be a good fit. No idea who that is but he's got big shoes to fill.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: Corey Barker to TCU

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    This is a big hire for Konkol. We lost his top asst McMahon before he even started and now Barker our best recruiter. Glad it was after signing period. Hope he has some good people in mind. Barker was our main recruiter and was great at finding players and building relationships with them to get the here! You would have to think someone with LA, TX connections would be a good fit. No idea who that is but he's got big shoes to fill.
    Go hard after Larry Cordaro! I know Larry has designs on being a D-1 head coach, and he interviewed for the Nicholls job. But if we give him the opportunity to be the main recruiter and No. 1 assistant, with a significant salary bump from what he's making at LSUA, he might take it. He would be a major asset to us.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I would Love that, just not sure Larry would return as an assistant after running your own program and having the success he has had. If he would, it is a no brainer. Who did Nichols hire? I assume he turned them down because they will not find a better candidate for that job.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I would Love that, just not sure Larry would return as an assistant after running your own program and having the success he has had. If he would, it is a no brainer. Who did Nichols hire? I assume he turned them down because they will not find a better candidate for that job.
    I think he would take it... And kick butt.

I know he would kick butt but he has run a program, is built to be in charge, and has the results to prove it. After getting a taste of that, I just wonder if he would go back to being an assistant.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

I know he would kick butt but he has run a program, is built to be in charge, and has the results to prove it. After getting a taste of that, I just wonder if he would go back to being an assistant.
    At a D1 program with a pay raise? I would take that in a heartbeat over a NAIA school, but that's just me. NAIA is glorified high school ball if we're being honest. Not to knock LSUA or any other NAIA school, but that cant be the most thrilling thing in the world. To be a lead assistant at a school that has won at least 23 games for 4 straight years, has some good/great players, and has developed a nice fan base has to have strong appeal. I wouldn't want my first head coaching job to be at Nicholls or any school of that caliber that is very tough to win at. Being a lead assistant at Tech, under Konkol, who has a lot of good ties around the country, could lead him to a nice job down the road of the head coaching variety.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I think the most common route to a better D1 program from where he is would be to take an assistant gig at a program like TECH

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Lonnie Cooper might be worth an interview.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Varsity Bulldog OakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the rough OakTechDawg's Avatar

I hear Tyler summit is available.

Too early?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Lonnie Cooper might be worth an interview.
    Probably not. If you want a former Dunkin' Dawg, Terry Parker is more impressive than Lonnie Cooper. Regardless, I'm sure Konkol will stick to his network to find a replacement.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Probably not. If you want a former Dunkin' Dawg, Terry Parker is more impressive than Lonnie Cooper. Regardless, I'm sure Konkol will stick to his network to find a replacement.
    I agree with you. I pointed out Lonnie because the new coach definitely won't be a white guy.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    .......... Regardless, I'm sure Konkol will stick to his network to find a replacement.
    Hello out there ............................... Will the next SuperStar a.c. please step forward.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Mike Theus

+ Reply to Thread