+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Salary Details

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Salary Details

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    More fans and even an additional/different fan base is a good thing. Plus women in general along with H.S. and college young women will take notice when we play hard and win. And if they take on our new HC's mentality and character then everyone wins! They will be full of pride as will the rest of the TECH Family.

I'll take it!

Did we need to triple her salary to get her on board and instill what you describe? I really do want her to be successful. I think she should have been the hire last time, but our AD tried his silly experiment. I've noticed that our fans have gone from wanting what we had in the old days, to just making the tournament, to now...play hard, win, and be filled with pride.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Did we need to triple her salary to get her on board and instill what you describe? I really do want her to be successful. I think she should have been the hire last time, but our AD tried his silly experiment. I've noticed that our fans have gone from wanting what we had in the old days, to just making the tournament, to now...play hard, win, and be filled with pride.
    Some of us want a lot more...... We all SHOULD want more from all our programs....

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Some of us want a lot more...... We all SHOULD want more from all our programs....
    Please answer my question...did we need to triple her salary to get her here?

Our fans refuse to question these silly moves (hiring TS) and bad business moves (paying more than necessary to get our new coach).

I'm guessing the coaching staff salary will be much more now than it was before.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

I was at Tech both before and after the TAC was built. The Lady Techsters and Bulldogs played a lot of doubleheaders back then - Lady Techsters then Bulldogs. Memorial Gym would be bursting at the seams during the Lady Techsters games, and then the crowd would be significantly smaller when the Bulldogs played. I don’t really remember the Bulldogs beginning to draw big crowds until Karl Malone started playing. I think the value Brooke brings to the program with a positive attitude and infectious enthusiasm should not be underestimated. I know I have not been this excited about Lady Techsters basketball in quite a while. I’m a thousand miles away, but it seems people are already saying “Tyler who?”

Bottom line: At this point I think it is a great hire and the salary doesn’t bother me. Start winning and we might have trouble keeping her.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    If we don't pay the new head coach, we're considered cheap. If we do pay, our AD got out-negotiated. He can't win.

We had to pay up to get the Brooke to leave Natchitoches and come back home. After what happened the last time, when we didn't hire the Stoehrs in favor of a 23-year-old with no experience who ended up leaving the school in scandal, it's not like we had a lot of leverage. Brooke and Scott loved Natchitoches, and they had proven they could make it to the tournament there. We had to make it worth their while to leave, and obviously after the mess we found ourselves in, our athletic department determined they were worth that investment. I happen to agree.
    Good post. LA Tech didn't have a lot of leverage in this situation. Regardless, this latest salary structure is a very good investment in the Lady Techster program. It's a good investment in solid coaches who have a nice track record of running and heading a good basketball program. It's what we should have done last time, instead of hiring Tyler Summit. The fact that some of our lovable --but albeit backward thinking-- BB&B neanderthals still think it's the year 2002 shouldn't surprise you.

Lord knows I've had my issues with some of T-Mac's decisions. But this is a solid get for us. IMO, T-Mac finally did something right.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I'm shocked.

Bottom line is the sport is a black hole. We get NOTHING in return for our investment.
    Exhibit A.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    We certainly could spend ~$1.4M over 6 years a little more wisely.

We've got mens' basketball assistants leaving because we're too cheap. That is a sport that DOES have an ROI.
    Oh for God's sake.....we've plowed tons of energy and money into our MEN'S basketball program over the past 5 years, and we still haven't made it to the NCAA tournament. In the men's program, we've supposedly invested in some of the best young coaches in the country the past 5 years, and we still have one of the shittiest home OOC schedule's and one of the poorest RPI's in America.

I like men's basketball as well as the next guy, and better than most. But the Lady Techstgers are NOT holding the mens program back. Don't talk to me about "ROI" in mens basketball at LA Tech until you can schedule someone besides "Podunk Valley State" in the TAC.

So here is the way HD and the Prof think it went down and they are okay with it...

TM: We need you a EllAye Tech. What's your price?

Brooke: Well I'm only making $80K now....uhhhh...how does $210K sound to you...oh and add car allowance, housing and membership at Squire, plus $100K for my 1st assistant.

TM: Pack your bags!

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Please answer my question...did we need to triple her salary to get her here?

Our fans refuse to question these silly moves (hiring TS) and bad business moves (paying more than necessary to get our new coach).

I'm guessing the coaching staff salary will be much more now than it was before.
    The real problem may be what we paid Summitt, which likely influenced what we're paying Stoehr. With her experience, particularly versus his, it would have been an insult to offer her less than he made.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    The real problem may be what we paid Summitt, which likely influenced what we're paying Stoehr. With her experience, particularly versus his, it would have been an insult to offer her less than he made.
    Possibly, but a decent AD would have sold her on less salary with other carrots. I've already touched on this. Being embarrassed didn't matter in football when we hired HCSH on the cheap, but it does in WBB. Go figure.

I just noticed this... Stoehr also had a $25,000 buyout if she left before April 30, 2016.

Does this mean we paid an extra $25K for being 2 weeks early? Did we get any money back from T.S. since our AD chose to allow him to resign instead of firing him with cause?

So here is the way HD and the Prof think it went down and they are okay with it...

TM: We need you a EllAye Tech. What's your price?

Brooke: Well I'm only making $80K now....uhhhh...how does $210K sound to you...oh and add car allowance, housing and membership at Squire, plus $100K for my 1st assistant.

TM: Pack your bags!
    No, more than likely it went down like this:

Brooke: "Well T-Mac, I know I'm only making $80K now....uhhhh...how does $210K sound to you? I want to make sure I piss off that old, misogynist from West Monroe MD, who gets all butt hurt over anything related to women's athletics. 210K should just about do it".

TM: Me too! Pack your bags!

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

Brooke: "Well T-Mac, I know I'm only making $80K now....uhhhh...how does $210K sound to you? I want to make sure I piss off that old, misogynist from West Monroe MD, who gets all butt hurt over anything related to women's athletics. 210K should just about do it".

Yeah probably.

This is not about waste in the name of TitleIX, which we've always excelled at.

This is about our AD and his lack of ability to negotiate ANYTHING.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

How much was KM offered to take over from Barmore?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    How much was KM offered to take over from Barmore?
    $300,000 per year for four years with the four years being the most allowed by law in Louisiana at the time.

+ Reply to Thread