+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Mid-Major

Varsity Bulldog dawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Baseball Mid-Major

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    I tried to find the game on the radio coming back from Tech & Tails with no success. Had to settle for Mrs TD reading me the Twitter feed.
    FYI, I listened to entire game as I drove across AL and GA by getting 97.7 on the "l Heart Radio" app on my iPhone. Almost ran off the road with the last out.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg68 View Post
    FYI, I listened to entire game as I drove across AL and GA by getting 97.7 on the "l Heart Radio" app on my iPhone. Almost ran off the road with the last out.
    Interesting. I never considered accessing through that app.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

It was blacked out on Red Peach app

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

It really shouldn't be this hard to be a Tech fan.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    It was blacked out on Red Peach app
    Yes until the 8th inning.

If it is blacked out, somebody has to let the boss know his walmart quality employee forgot again.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    I tried to find the game on the radio coming back from Tech & Tails with no success. Had to settle for Mrs TD reading me the Twitter feed.
    The game was over before TnT ended. You leave early? ;-)
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Why would anyone believe the Learfield version? It makes no sense that the radio people would negotiate with a high school when they thought they had a deal with their bell cow. Even if they had, there were very few conflicts, if any, on week nights. Learfied did not want to pay to air mid week games. They went cheap.

Carry on.
    There's ALWAYS two sides when Tech radio is involved (going back to the Dan Hollingsworth days.)

Pay for Tech games? What a novel idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    There's always two sides when Tech radio is involved. Pay for Tech games? What a novel idea.
    Why would you believe the Learfield side? It makes no sense. Their story is inconsistent to say the least.

Ask Learfield how much they paid to air the Arkansas, LSU, and ulm (in Monoroe) games. Nothing will be the answer.

Ask Learfiled how they demanded to run the Softball tournament for free.

Even after Learfield set up the deal for only 30 games, the radio people threw in three free game games. THEN Learfield demanded they carry softball too (at the last minute).

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg68 View Post
    Well there you go! Why didn't I think of that?

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

The game was over before TnT ended. You leave early? ;-)
    Yes! Yes! Yes! I admit it! For once, I left a Tech deal early!

Wasn't in any of the silent auctions and wanted to see if I could catch the end of the game. The final Tweet hit as we passed Airline.

Felt sorry for all the Dawgs headed west. I-20 west bound was at a standstill both lanes at Old Minden Road.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Why would you believe the Learfield side? It makes no sense. Their story is inconsistent to say the least.

Ask Learfield how much they paid to air the Arkansas, LSU, and ulm (in Monoroe) games. Nothing will be the answer.

Ask Learfiled how they demanded to run the Softball tournament for free.

Even after Learfield set up the deal for only 30 games, the radio people threw in three free game games. THEN Learfield demanded they carry softball too (at the last minute).
    Free games and free to sell your own local ads. What a novel idea . . . . Softball had two sponsors, one of them a charity. The games were on the air and I thank Learfield and Red Peach Radio.

When the two parties start treating each other like professional partners then you and I can stop our nonsense. It's not as one-sided as you want it to be.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by collinellis View Post
    97.7 is station it airs on
    It wasn't on 97.7 last night when I checked.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    It really shouldn't be this hard to be a Tech fan.
    ^^^THIS!!!!

Free games and free to sell your own local ads. What a novel idea . . . . Softball had two sponsors, one of them a charity. The games were on the air and I thank Learfield and Red Peach Radio.

When the two parties start treating each other like professional partners then you and I can stop our nonsense. It's not as one-sided as you want it to be.
    Folks.....LA Tech's administration is making the the easy stuff look hard.

It's not as one-sided as you want it to be.
    Yes it is, but it's not what I want.

I want the Learfield person being paid to represent EllAye Tech to do his job and not demand the KXKZ family to go above and beyond what their CONTRACT calls for.

All free games, including softball were last minute gifts by the station to EllAyeTech or they were last minute requests by Learfield. Not enough time to sell those ads.

+ Reply to Thread