+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech & Tails Tonight in Bossier

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Tech & Tails Tonight in Bossier

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I think he talking about 1979
    Or 1983

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Which team do you think was worst ever? I was there for the 1966 season when we won only one game - SE (ok, so we played Ken Stabler and Alabama). In 1967 we didn't win any GSC games but bear Lamar, Arky State and one other which I can't remember right now. I really wasn't following Tech when we had that disastrous season and Patterson had to take over but he did win one game.
    66 was ugly but I was spending more time chasing girls than thinking football ( give me a break, I was young guy). 1979 we came in after an I-Bowl game ( e Carolina beat us) and a conference title. We were shut out twice and 4 games with only 1 td. Larry Beightol won 1 game ( ULL) and Gravy 1 ( northeast). We had been on a long run of good teams and never expected to be so inept. As far as I know, LB was only coach fired midseason. just a miserable season

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

79 was not to bad till last 3 games--2 early losses to Miss State and then we won 5 out of 5 . During that stretch we lost to UT-Arlington ( no longer have football but the last 3 games were miserable-- McNeese trounced us and then Southwestern and Northeast beat us. ( memories refreshed by google website)

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I went back and reviewed the season records as posted on Wikipedia and since 1950 there was only one season with only one win and that was 1966. Under Beightol in 1979 there were three wins as in 1987 Under Torbush and Peace in 1994. There were only two wins in 1993 under Peace. So it depends on how you measure worst. In all the years I have followed Tech Football 1966 was the worst followed by 1967 when we couldn't even beat Southeastern. By the way in my four years at Tech we never beat USL and we split with Northeast and Northwestern. Since I didn't see the 1979, 1987 I can't really compare the teams, but only one win is a sure indication.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Congratulations TT on that awsome picknick table you got in the live auction. And I am looking for a place in our "Tech" room to hang our new Kenneth Dixon signed photo that I picked up in the silent auction. And thanks Dawgpix's for taking the amazing photo.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

The year 2000 LA Tech football team was pretty bad too. IMO, it ranks right up there with the worst Tech teams of all time. The 2000 team finished with a 3-9 overall record (2nd most losses ever, to only the 2006 team's 10 losses), with blowout losses to Kansas St (54-10) and Penn State (67-7). The 2000 Bulldog team also managed to lose to Div 1AA Stephen F Austin at home (34-31 in OT) and to upstart MTSU on the road, 49-21. Yes, I said we lost to MTSU --who had never beaten a 1A team before-- 49-21-- in front of 11K in Murfreesboro.

Jack Bicknell should have been fired after the 2000 season. Then we could have possibly avoided the embarrassment associated with his 2006 team, which finished 3-10, the most losses in one season by any team in LA Tech history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...otball_seasons

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    66 was ugly but I was spending more time chasing girls than thinking football ( give me a break, I was young guy). 1979 we came in after an I-Bowl game ( e Carolina beat us) and a conference title. We were shut out twice and 4 games with only 1 td. Larry Beightol won 1 game ( ULL) and Gravy 1 ( northeast). We had been on a long run of good teams and never expected to be so inept. As far as I know, LB was only coach fired midseason. just a miserable season
    that 66 season was my freshman year. That one win against Southeastern was Homecoming. My Dad, Mom, and Grandmother came to the game. Played in old stadium where A. E. Phillips School is now. Phil Robinson was QB and Joe Raymond Pease was a Senior.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Thanks, Tech friends, for the compliments.
    I think T&T gets better and better each year.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I want to thank Bill & Shelia (if your on here) for giving my son the signed Konkol basketball. He was SUPER excited!

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I want to thank Bill & Shelia (if your on here) for giving my son the signed Konkol basketball. He was SUPER excited!
    this is son ( and grandson) who made most of BB games last few years and plans to attend BB camp. Also having his birthday party at Tech Baseball game Saturday ( with friends, family and driving from Shreveport. He is the third generation die hard Tech fan. really nice of Bob and Sheila to give him BB on Friday nite. Longtime Tech basketball and football fan Bob D paid for BB camp because

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Way to go '65!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread