+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Golfers on The BBB?

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Any Golfers on The BBB?

Surely there are some golfers here on the BBB! Where do you play and how often? What's in your bag?

I've started playing golf quite a bit over the last year or so, and have really taken a big interest in the game. I have a small group of guys from work that I usually play with on Saturdays, and we are starting a work league this summer. We usually play at the Huntington Park course, but occasionally play Olde Oaks, Querbes, and Crooked Hollow.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Any Golfers on The BBB?

Plenty of us. It's too bad that you've missed out on a T-Mo classic....

..... or have you......

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Didn't know anything about it.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

In. Love golf. My interest fluctuates throughout the year. I have a couple of "reduced" rates at TPC Louisiana, in Avondale, I need to use. I normally play when it is hot a heck or cold as can be. I love to play fast and have the course alone. I've got about 14 years in so far. Just updated my clubs last year and went with woods and hybrids from taylormadepreown.com. Its a good way to get cheap clubs. It is a game you will never be perfect in, but relish that one "perfect" shot.

The wife and I are talking about going up to Hot Springs next month for our anniversary. When we got married up there, we bought a package at the Arlington that included a round at the Hot Springs CC. It's an outstanding course. If we make the trip up there, I'm definitely bringing my clubs to play it again.

If you need any help getting rid of those passed to TPC Louisiana, let me know.

Found these today. Tech is available!

http://taylormadegolf.com/customgolfball

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    The wife and I are talking about going up to Hot Springs next month for our anniversary. When we got married up there, we bought a package at the Arlington that included a round at the Hot Springs CC. It's an outstanding course. If we make the trip up there, I'm definitely bringing my clubs to play it again.

If you need any help getting rid of those passed to TPC Louisiana, let me know.
    I'm just seeing this. Hope you played the Arlington course again. My growing up course. The makeover by Ben Crenshaw revitalized that course.
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 07-28-2016 at 11:36 AM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I'm just seeing this. Hope you played the Arlington course again. My growing up course. The makeover by by Ben Crenshaw revitalized that course.
    Our anniversary trip was postponed because I was asked to move to the night shift for a few weeks. We'll hopefully get to make the trip soon.

I did play the Arlington course on our honeymoon last year, though. It was absolutely beautiful! Not sure if I want to give it another go on that course, or try out the Park course this time.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I've recently started playing again. Just joined the country club near our house (Tchefuncta).

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    Our anniversary trip was postponed because I was asked to move to the night shift for a few weeks. We'll hopefully get to make the trip soon.

I did play the Arlington course on our honeymoon last year, though. It was absolutely beautiful! Not sure if I want to give it another go on that course, or try out the Park course this time.
    Both courses are old traditional and hilly. They'll always be my favs.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

It happened again fellas.... on the driving range warming up minutes before a big tournament.

20160718_130754.jpg

Took an easy swing on 2 balls just getting loose.

You must have some hard balls.. . . .

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Wait for it.....

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Huntington has a legit sale on their Titleist golf bags, footjoy clothes and Titleist drivers right now......was there last week - it is a well run facility - was impressed.

Again? You need to take it easy on the balls!

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Huntington has a legit sale on their Titleist golf bags, footjoy clothes and Titleist drivers right now......was there last week - it is a well run facility - was impressed.
    My work league plays there every week and I usually go on Saturdays too. It's a great place to play, especially for the price. If you ever want to play a round there, give me a shout.

+ Reply to Thread