+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Rice Series

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Baseball. LA Tech Sweeps No. 16 Rice to Close out Regular Season

Awesome job by the DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Rice Series

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    We broke out the grill and had a good time out there behind right field today.
    Was that y'all with the Tent?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I didn't realize until this morning that this series sweep was the first sweep of Rice since they joined CUSA in 2005. That's quite a feat.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Was that y'all with the Tent?
    Yes. burgers, brats, beers, baseball... can't beat it!

I need to get your number because I would have definitely peer-pressured you to come hang for at least an inning or 2.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I didn't realize until this morning that this series sweep was the first sweep of Rice since they joined CUSA in 2005. That's quite a feat.
    Our baseball SID understands bad juju in baseball and did not dare mention it prior to the final victory. Good job A.C.T.!

Yes. burgers, brats, beers, baseball... can't beat it!

I need to get your number because I would have definitely peer-pressured you to come hang for at least an inning or 2.
    Thanks for the thought. I was walking past as some of you were unloading and setting up. Sorry I didn't see you.

I hope Goff takes advantage of what the RR company allows in RF and we turn it into more of an event.

We should also consider doing something more organized down the RF line.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the thought. I was walking past as some of you were unloading and setting up. Sorry I didn't see you.

I hope Goff takes advantage of what the RR company allows in RF and we turn it into more of an event.

We should also consider doing something more organized down the RF line.
    My family tends to enjoy the fellowship more than the game itself so that's a good place for us. As long as it stays kid friendly and people clean up after themselves, it is a neat option. I appreciated them for bringing a trash can out there.

My family tends to enjoy the fellowship more than the game itself so that's a good place for us. As long as it stays kid friendly and people clean up after themselves, it is a neat option. I appreciated them for bringing a trash can out there.
    I agree and glad to hear about the trash being picked up and a trash can being place out there.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

You know your baseball program has arrived when trash cans become an important issue! Yowza!

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You know your baseball program has arrived when trash cans become an important issue! Yowza!
    I realized you were joking, but just in case some others see the comments and don't understand...

The area in right field has not been used much in the last several years. We had a slight run a few years ago and the crowds began to increase. Our idiot AD, BVDV decided to run them off since they were not paying to watch. He actually bragged about it and made the statement in front of other Athletic Department employees. He was later straightened out (as he was many times) by his bosses, but by then it was too late. Those who wanted to have fun in right field were gone. In typical BVDV fashion, he blamed the Railroad and said he had been contacted by the police to remove them (he was such a liar). When the police and RR authorities were contacted they called BS. I have copies of the emails.

HD, are you missing Bruce yet?

Relics of the days when the area was used still remain, with a couple of old BBQ pits. Most, if not all, the trash was and has been picked up, but having a can in the area keeps fans from having to take the trash away to another container like we had to two the times we were out there this year.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I realized you were joking, but just in case some others see the comments and don't understand...

The area in right field has not been used much in the last several years. We had a slight run a few years ago and the crowds began to increase. Our idiot AD, BVDV decided to run them off since they were not paying to watch. He actually bragged about it and made the statement in front of other Athletic Department employees. He was later straightened out (as he was many times) by his bosses, but by then it was too late. Those who wanted to have fun in right field were gone. In typical BVDV fashion, he blamed the Railroad and said he had been contacted by the police to remove them (he was such a liar). When the police and RR authorities were contacted they called BS. I have copies of the emails.

Relics of the days when the area was used still remain, with a couple of old BBQ pits. Most, if not all, the trash was and has been picked up, but having a can in the area keeps fans from having to take the trash away to another container like we had to two the times we were out there this year.
    ThE RF RR track was our favorite place to watch the games in the mid 70's. There were a ton of good practice balls behind that fence as well. I assume there still are these days as well.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Did Tech count those in right field as attendees?

For:
    EE
    LaCajunFan
    aka Idiots at Large

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Did Tech count those in right field as attendees?
    I have no idea how we count attendance.

Not sure why somebody would argue what we announced. If anything, I'd say we under reported this weekend assuming capacity really is 3000.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    And I seriously doubt Rice suffered too many "sweeps" in the WAC prior to joining CUSA in 2005. Afterall, Rice won the national championship in 2003. From 1997–2008, Rice won 12 consecutive regular season titles in its conference or division. Nine of the championships came in the Western Athletic Conference, while the final three came in Conference USA.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Let's just win our last game of the season, starting right now!

+ Reply to Thread