Here's a good, off-season topic.

I was just looking at our upcoming OOC home football schedules for the next few years and it made me wonder if any of you guys miss Bruce Van De Velde yet?

On BVD's watch, LA Tech hosted some great OOC HOME games against Miss St (in 2008, when BVD was Deputy AD), Navy (2010), Grambling (2010, in Shreveport), Houston (2011), Southern Miss (2011), UNLV (2012), and Texas A&M (2012, in Shreveport). Under Van De Velde, We also had outstanding ROAD games at LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St, Illinois & Virginia (we went 3-2 in these road games, losing the MSU game in OT and leading LSU at halftime.) Oh...and we played a bowl game against TCU.

Since BVD didn't resign until July 1, 2013, I'm sure he was also responsible for our 2013 schedule that included a home game against ARMY at the Cotton Bowl, and a road game at NC State.

Also, BVD hired some pretty good coaches in both football and men's basketball. This is from Wikipedia:

Van De Velde developed and implemented the largest fundraising campaign in LA Tech's athletics history and increased total annual contributions to athletics from $1.6 million in 2008 to over $6 million in 2012. He also hired head coaches Skip Holtz and Sonny Dykes, and men’s basketball coach Michael White. The football program won the Western Athletic Conference title in 2011 and achieved its highest-ever national ranking in 2012. The men’s basketball team won the Western Athletic Conference title in 2013 behind a 27-7 record and the women’s basketball team won WAC titles in 2010 and 2011.
It was also on BVD's watch that LA Tech received the much-needed invite to CUSA and began play in 2013.

That's a pretty darn good resume for anybody at LA Tech. In a span of only 4-5 years, BVD's Tech teams won a football conference title, a men's basketball conference title, two women's BB conference titles, achieved its highest national ranking ever in football and transitioned into CUSA.

So.....do you miss him yet?