+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Missing Bruce Van De Velde Yet?

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Anybody Missing Bruce Van De Velde Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    It means he treated some alumni and some faculty like crap...including some alumni who gave a bunch of money to Tech...and he lied to some alumni, and he used money donated by some alumni inappropriately for things other than what it was given for...and it really pissed me off. One of those alumni won't give another dime to Tech until he gets an apology from the athletic department and the president, and considering those positions have changed, that apology likely isn't coming.
    How hard is that to do? "I am sorry you were treated that way and I can assure you that will not happen on my watch."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    What does THAT mean? Seriously?
    This was pretty big

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I miss his not-so-anonymous posts on here, comically attempting to blow his own horn.
    Yes, we have proof.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    How hard is that to do? "I am sorry you were treated that way and I can assure you that will not happen on my watch."
    considering the current AD and President have no idea it occurred, pretty difficult. But hey, maybe they will read this.

Edit: there is no expectation of an apology from the current administration, and there is no lack of confidence that things will be done the right way.

I am working on a little project that, we hope, will morph into a major project. Hopefully, once the President signs off on the entire project, it will be announced...including on this board. The first money has already been spent and much more committed to be spent...not just given. I already have the individual I was writing about committed to this project. So all should be well soon anyway.
    Last edited by RhythmDawg; 05-19-2016 at 06:56 AM.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I'm not a T-MAC supporter. I think we could have done much better....and still can...in hiring an AD. Tech needs a real "go getter," someone like a current assistant AD at a Power 5 conference school who is looking to make a name for himself. Yes, that would mean using Tech as a stepping stone, but, so.... he could do a LOT of good while here, and for years to come even after he departed for more money somewhere, and then we hire another one just like him.

Our AD needs to be bold, even "cocky" and go straight to schools that would help us in scheduling and just stay on them to we get a YES on a home and home with a Big 12, SEC type school(s). You never know unless you ask, and then NEVER take "no" for an answer. If an AD balks at our proposal, just say, "Okay, I'll take that as a maybe."

Our AD also needs to be bold in seeking donors and sponsorships. Again, don't take "no" for an answer.

T-MAC is nothing but a Southland Conference lightweight. He is not the guy we need.

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: Anybody Missing Bruce Van De Velde Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I'm not a T-MAC supporter. I think we could have done much better....and still can...in hiring an AD. Tech needs a real "go getter," someone like a current assistant AD at a Power 5 conference school who is looking to make a name for himself. Yes, that would mean using Tech as a stepping stone, but, so.... he could do a LOT of good while here, and for years to come even after he departed for more money somewhere, and then we hire another one just like him.

Our AD needs to be bold, even "cocky" and go straight to schools that would help us in scheduling and just stay on them to we get a YES on a home and home with a Big 12, SEC type school(s). You never know unless you ask, and then NEVER take "no" for an answer. If an AD balks at our proposal, just say, "Okay, I'll take that as a maybe."

Our AD also needs to be bold in seeking donors and sponsorships. Again, don't take "no" for an answer.

T-MAC is nothing but a Southland Conference lightweight. He is not the guy we need.

I agree

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

NOT being argumentative--I just remember Stovall -- everything screamed "big time" and that was Fiasco-- I will say we had over 1,000 folks at Crawfish boil Friday and our AD not only did not show and I did not hear why..

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I will say we had over 1,000 folks at Crawfish boil Friday and our AD not only did not show and I did not hear why..
    Wow.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

AD convention out west.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    NOT being argumentative--I just remember Stovall -- everything screamed "big time" and that was Fiasco-- I will say we had over 1,000 folks at Crawfish boil Friday and our AD not only did not show and I did not hear why..
    Hmm. Yeah. If I were AD, I would not allow an alumni event to occur period without either me being there in person or using some sort of technology to address the crowd in a pre-recorded statement, live telecast, or phone call. With technology these days, it's easy and a wasted opportunity.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

I only had one personal contact with BVD, and I have to say I wasn't impressed...and well he lived up to his "panty" initials.

When MillsapVision was on the table, and was lingering on and on, I sent a simple e-mail to Adam letting him know that maybe we could get a grassroots donation going and complete the project. I got a call from BVD himself two days later, yelling at me for even attempting to try it with you guys. Now Adam knew me from my Mom (and in fact was at her funeral in Homer)who before she died, donated not only a lot of money to Tech athletics (and I have the LTAC "wear" to prove it), but there is a scholarship in her name currently at Tech. After his blathering call about how I didn't know what I was talking about, and how I shouldn't listen to anything BBB had to say, I had to calm him down, and let him know we were only trying to help. 20 minutes later, he called me back to apologize. I'm a businessman first, and to this day I will never forget that, and if our entire family weren't Tech alums, I would have turned my back on Tech for good.

He may have done a few good things, and he did mention the M. White thing, and I gave him total credit for that, but other than that, he lived up to his initials. Guess you had to be there.

T-Mac is young, but I have faith that a little bit of youth can be a good thing going forward.

My 2 cents...

So, no I don't miss him in the least.

Big Dog BOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

BVDV did not hire Holtz
    Unless I'm missing something...BVDV WAS the man in charge when Holtz was hired.. He might have been on the way out... But Tommy inherited him if my memory serves...

Quote Originally Posted by BOSTON View Post
    Unless I'm missing something...BVDV WAS the man in charge when Holtz was hired.. He might have been on the way out... But Tommy inherited him if my memory serves...
    neither hired him.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

I'll be disappointed for a while with this years home schedule...pathetic.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    neither hired him.
    This is true. Athletic Council & Prez.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Our problem is that "THE TECH" cannot market. IMO we should hire an assistant AD from a power 5 program (with like circumstances as us). MS St, TX A&M, OK St., or K-St. to name a few. This individual must me confident & aggressive. This individual must also seek feed-back from alumni, former athletes, fans and obviously his bosses. Must schedule proactively in all sports. No more FCS football games. Better to play neutral FBS games in the larger markets where we recruit. This individual must have the ability to utilize the inexpensive to free resources around campus (think outside of the box).

We have a college of business that is not being utilized for sports marketing. I could go on & on. Corporate sponsorship seems to be an afterthought. 10K alumni in Shreveport, 5K in Dallas and another 5K in Houston. TV & internet sports production is another afterthought. We don't even have coaches shows widely broadcast. This is a joke. We are still operating like we were when we were in the Southland Conference.

+ Reply to Thread