+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the peak or are we still climbing?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the peak or are we still climbing?

Have you considered those Dogs?

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Is this the peak or are we still climbing?

IMO we are on a plateau. I'm ready for us to climb higher and set new expectations!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RGTech98 View Post
    IMO we are on a plateau. I'm ready for us to climb higher and set new expectations!
    It can be reasonably argued that we have effectively separated ourselves from all the other non-LSU programs in the state. While it would seem like the massive cuts to public funding would have devastated us, they have yet to do so. The problem is there is only so people in this region and, I think, our main obstacle has been that many of the more influential and affluent folks still have a one-sided obsession with LSU. Louisiana Tech is beginning to emerge as a 2nd option but will need to demonstrate greater prowess against reputable programs if we want to nab more of those who have a need to have their sports legitimacy bolstered by popular perception.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    It can be reasonably argued that we have effectively separated ourselves from all the other non-LSU programs in the state. While it would seem like the massive cuts to public funding would have devastated us, they have yet to do so. The problem is there is only so people in this region and, I think, our main obstacle has been that many of the more influential and affluent folks still have a one-sided obsession with LSU. Louisiana Tech is beginning to emerge as a 2nd option but will need to demonstrate greater prowess against reputable programs if we want to nab more of those who have a need to have their sports legitimacy bolstered by popular perception.

All the more reason for us to stop scheduling:

1. Like we are deserving of six or more home games every year even though the P5's don't want to give us a home game. Playing FCS only further hurts our strength of schedule & perception.

2. Just so we can be bowl eligible. How many times has usl won the NO Bowl? How is their rep?

We must make up for the lack of strength in conference schedule by playing opponents that matter, capture regional or national attention & also attempt to do this on our terms (as much as possible). This would include Home & Away with upper tier G5's or any p5, neutral site games vs P5 programs in areas where we recruit or want to recruit. These games should be within a 6 hour radius of Ruston where our alumni, students & fans can attend.

When the Joe seats 50K & we regularly fill it...my neutral site opinion will change. But for now, games in Dallas, Houston, Shreveport, Jackson, Little Rock or New Orleans will suffice.

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Just keep winning... Everybody loves a winner!

Baseball attendance is up. More chatter on the BBB baseball page, etc. Same with basketball during its season. Eventually (or hopefully) we will be the football program that is still winning when even the flagship takes their turn with a losing season.

We just need to quit disparaging the Walmart bandwagon fans...one day I hope they jump ship to us...AND yes I know they a fickle bunch; but they are the ones who buy merchandise of whoever the latest winner is!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Just keep winning... Everybody loves a winner!

Baseball attendance is up. More chatter on the BBB baseball page, etc. Same with basketball during its season. Eventually (or hopefully) we will be the football program that is still winning when even the flagship takes their turn with a losing season.
    Baseball is fun, but like WBB there is no real money to be made.

Only Football and MBB can earn us real money. Not much doubt though that baseball is a better draw for us than WBB.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

"enough separation" No need to say anything else!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

We are still climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    All the more reason for us to stop scheduling:

1. Like we are deserving of six or more home games every year even though the P5's don't want to give us a home game. Playing FCS only further hurts our strength of schedule & perception.

2. Just so we can be bowl eligible. How many times has usl won the NO Bowl? How is their rep?

We must make up for the lack of strength in conference schedule by playing opponents that matter, capture regional or national attention & also attempt to do this on our terms (as much as possible). This would include Home & Away with upper tier G5's or any p5, neutral site games vs P5 programs in areas where we recruit or want to recruit. These games should be within a 6 hour radius of Ruston where our alumni, students & fans can attend.

When the Joe seats 50K & we regularly fill it...my neutral site opinion will change. But for now, games in Dallas, Houston, Shreveport, Jackson, Little Rock or New Orleans will suffice.
    I respectfully disagree. A win is a win. However the FCS fame for us must be within the first 3-4 games.

Personally I like playing a 'money' game as the first game of the season...seems to give us a chance to catch our opponent unaware. On the other hand though, I do honestly believe that LA Tech's football rep is becoming more of a household name among the coaching circuit.

Fame = game. No edit function while accessing over my phone e

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Want to reach the peak? We have to get to an Access Bowl or four. Then you will see a whole new Louisiana Tech University!

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

There's no reason we can't be the Oxford-Ole Miss

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Want to reach the peak? We have to get to an Access Bowl or four. Then you will see a whole new Louisiana Tech University!
    That's got to be the goal. But it will take a systematic approach to get there. I think Holtz has the right framework, I really do. He needs more of a killer instinct though. If we want it, we're going to have to take it! I believe he knows how to set it up, but we can't concede or settle for merely competing. For example, we must go to Fayetteville to WIN! I went to Starkville and I don't think we had that mindset. We can't settle in those situations. We might have lost anyway but we pulled up. Definitely should have taken the game from KSTATE.

That's the way Boise emerged and we must follow the model.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I respectfully disagree. A win is a win. However the FCS fame for us must be within the first 3-4 games.

Personally I like playing a 'money' game as the first game of the season...seems to give us a chance to catch our opponent unaware. On the other hand though, I do honestly believe that LA Tech's football rep is becoming more of a household name among the coaching circuit.
    I don't like the P5 as the first game because if we lose it hurts our attendance in the first home game. After our first home game would be better. If the first game is at home we get all the pent up anticipation of foot ball season. A loss, even to a good P5, deflates that. We become that particular P5's home opener with their fans all excited. So we're doing it again this year. We will be Arkansas' opener and our opener will be SC St. If we lose to Arkansas we will be lucky to get 20,000 at the SC St. game because: 1) no one cares or heard of SC St. and 2) the excitement will be gone.

Surprising the P5 ain't gonna happen. We have to be better. We gave Manziel and the Aggies all they could handle late in the season. Same with LSU many years ago. First win against Alabama was late in the season and second was our fourth game. Going back and looking we haven't done too well against P5's as our opening (away) games.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I don't like the P5 as the first game because if we lose it hurts our attendance in the first home game. .
    Nothing screws up attendance like an AD on a power trip who does not understand the business of ticket sales. He also has no idea how to schedule football games outside of the SLC.

South Carolina State - Paying them what we paid Southern last year

4 C-USA games in Ruston, one of which was moved to a weekday and we can expect more time changes.

Great job by our AD!

+ Reply to Thread