Marshall's success could be hazardous to our chances to get an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament. Although I understand why some want Marshall to push USM to a second game, I just can't support Marshall winning another game. I'm worried about them winning the tournament and taking a 4th NCAA regional spot for C-USA with USM, Florida Atlantic, and Rice. I don't know if the tournament selection committee would award a 5th position to another C-USA team. No need to chance that. Eliminate Marshall ASAP. Currently USM 3, Marshall 1 in the 4th.

Higher RPI (currently #12) Coastal Carolina eliminated Liberty 1-0 in the Big South championship game. No at-large bid needed for the Big South. That's good for us.

#7 RPI Clemson eliminated #22 RPI and 10 seed Wake Forest from the ACC tournament. Probably doesn't make any difference to Tech.

In the Sun Belt conference, #80 RPI Georgia Southern is one win away from getting the auto-bid. Standing in their way is the winner of the #16 ULaLafayette vs. #111 Arkansas State. UL-L currently leads 13-7 in the 5th inning. It's obvious what's best to keep us in running for an possible 5th C-USA bid in case Marshall wins.

In the Southland, it's probably a 1 bid league so I don't care who wins. Still playing in the Southland are #36 Southeastern Louisiana vs. #39 Sam Houston State. The winner of tomorrow's game gets the auto-bid. Loser has to hope for an at-large.