+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 9:00 AM Rice Game

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Re: 9:00 AM Rice Game

Marshall's success could be hazardous to our chances to get an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament. Although I understand why some want Marshall to push USM to a second game, I just can't support Marshall winning another game. I'm worried about them winning the tournament and taking a 4th NCAA regional spot for C-USA with USM, Florida Atlantic, and Rice. I don't know if the tournament selection committee would award a 5th position to another C-USA team. No need to chance that. Eliminate Marshall ASAP. Currently USM 3, Marshall 1 in the 4th.

Higher RPI (currently #12) Coastal Carolina eliminated Liberty 1-0 in the Big South championship game. No at-large bid needed for the Big South. That's good for us.

#7 RPI Clemson eliminated #22 RPI and 10 seed Wake Forest from the ACC tournament. Probably doesn't make any difference to Tech.

In the Sun Belt conference, #80 RPI Georgia Southern is one win away from getting the auto-bid. Standing in their way is the winner of the #16 ULaLafayette vs. #111 Arkansas State. UL-L currently leads 13-7 in the 5th inning. It's obvious what's best to keep us in running for an possible 5th C-USA bid in case Marshall wins.

In the Southland, it's probably a 1 bid league so I don't care who wins. Still playing in the Southland are #36 Southeastern Louisiana vs. #39 Sam Houston State. The winner of tomorrow's game gets the auto-bid. Loser has to hope for an at-large.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 9:00 AM Rice Game

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    This subject came up a couple of years ago when Mississippi State fans were upset because they could not get tickets to the regional in Lafayette. At the time it was pointed out that the NCAA had no minimum stadium seating requirement, only that each school was to be allotted 300 tickets. And as I recall, the hotel requirements weren't so stringent that Ruston wouldn't be able to host.

I don't know if any of those requirements has changed since then.
    our problem is the shortage of what lies between the ears of our AD

+ Reply to Thread