+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Radio Coverage

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Re: Radio Coverage

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    I only ask to find out what the potential listening audience would be. I didn't ask for your commentary of Learfield.
    See if we can break contract?

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

I was visiting Haughton yesterday and was a little surprised I couldn't get the game driving around. I say a little because. ..well the Tech. How in the hell is it possible I could hear games all over the State in the 90s and now we have actually hired a company for this and can't get games 45 minutes from Ruston? I would love to see what services Lamefield is required to provide in the contact. They appear to be doing nothing.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    I only ask to find out what the potential listening audience would be.
    How many living alumni live in the area described smart ass?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post

A coach's show last Monday and this coming Monday would've been nice, too. And the Monday after that.
    They would be nice for football and MBB too, but our AD is too clueless to demand the extra shows from the coaches and from Learfield.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Just my $0.02, and I don't claim to be anything more than a business major with a basic understanding of simple economics. If we were in high enough demand and posed as a definitively profitable option, wouldn't tv and radio be stupid not to cover us and businesses completely dimwitted to not provide corporate sponsorships and advertising around our broadcasts?

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Just my $0.02, and I don't claim to be anything more than a business major with a basic understanding of simple economics. If we were in high enough demand and posed as a definitively profitable option, wouldn't tv and radio be stupid not to cover us and businesses completely dimwitted to not provide corporate sponsorships and advertising around our broadcasts?
    Yes, but now we still have to sell our product to areas we need. The KXKZ family understands the potential and takes advantage If we work with the new areas to form a business relationship they will eventually want the product along with a higher tier of ad dollars.

For now we need them more than they need us. If we do business the right way we have markets in three new areas that overlap the region described. Then they want us and need us too.

One thing that makes is so easy for us is that we only have to go into one major market area in S/BC. There are several high watt stations in CENLA and Eastern Louisiana that don't carry lsu.

Bottom line: Our people are lazy and get paid even if they don't do this. They never will unless we have an AD who understands business.

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    I'll email tomorrow.
    BTW, the response goes something like...

....thanks for your support. Learfield Sports takes care of all our radio broadcasting coverage....nothing we can do....

Then he will probably tell you something about our "football and basketball networks" along with how much coverage is provided for WBB.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    How many living alumni live in the area described smart ass?
    Oh, I am sorry, I didn't know that everyone wanted to listen to the games, my bad.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Until our AD (and probably our President) hear from enough fans things will not change. We should always expect more and not be satisfied with being the school who does more with less.
    To the east, 97.7 does not get farther than Richland Parish

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    To the east, 97.7 does not get farther than Richland Parish
    Dry Prong to the South for those who are curious.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    That is why so many get caught for speeding down there. So frustrated with loss of signal that people don't even see the speed limit signs.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    That is why so many get caught for speeding down there. So frustrated with loss of signal that people don't even see the speed limit signs.
    Well Verizon got my ticket money, because I had to go to data package and CUSA digital from Friday on. Don't know how many times I had to hear my wife say she got an alert (which I was getting too) that I was exceeding monthly usage rates, exceeding overage rate, etc.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I lost it as close as Caples Road earlier this week. Had to plug up the Red Peach app and pray it wasn't blacked out.

Well Verizon got my ticket money, because I had to go to data package and CUSA digital from Friday on. Don't know how many times I had to hear my wife say she got an alert (which I was getting too) that I was exceeding monthly usage rates, exceeding overage rate, etc.
    My rule has been to turn off data when entering the house, but I'm the only one who follows my rule. Apparently this billing cycle started off with an excessive amount of data usage by the kiddos due to my faulty wifi connection. The notices started coming in week 1. No data this month.

Also, I've found that the All Access audio from Red Peach uses very little data when traveling.

My rule has been to turn off data when entering the house, but I'm the only one who follows my rule. Apparently this billing cycle started off with an excessive amount of data usage by the kiddos due to my faulty wifi connection. The notices started coming in week 1. No data this month.

Also, I've found that the All Access audio from Red Peach uses very little data when traveling.
    My biggest problem was my mother-in-law doesn't have Internet... So I watched all day Saturday on the data plan.

+ Reply to Thread