+ Reply to Thread

Thread: R-E-S-P-E-C-T from Louisiana Voice

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

R-E-S-P-E-C-T from Louisiana Voice

If you look for more on Louisiana politics than you'll find on TV and most print media, you probably know about Louisiana Voice. This afternoon they called out "The Advocate" on behalf of Louisiana Tech Baseball (and our university and conference). If you haven't seen it, you should. And so:

https://louisianavoice.com/2016/05/3...ouge-advocate/
    Last edited by tenacious_dog; 05-30-2016 at 10:32 PM.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: R-E-S-P-E-C-T from Louisiana Voice

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    If you look for more on Louisiana politics than you'll find on TV and most print media, you probably know about Louisiana Voice. This afternoon they called out "The Advocate" on Louisiana Tech Baseball (and our university and conference). If you haven't seen it, you should. And so:

I can't get the link to work.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    You fixed it!

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    You fixed it!
    I may be slow, but I'm Tenacious to a fault.
    Last edited by tenacious_dog; 05-30-2016 at 10:48 PM.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I notice that was written by Tom Aswell. I thought he was a writer for the Advocate. That was really good. I may send a copy of it to a Tech alum/Big LSU Fan that lives in BR.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Several of us raked Tom Aswell over the coals a while back .

He certainly made up for it with this article.

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Thank you Mr. Aswell! I was surprised to see that he authored the article.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

I remember "Butch" from Tech days. He didn't like being ignored and was totally independent in his thinking. I do believe he listened openly, however.
    Not sure he's changed much.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Several of us raked Tom Aswell over the coals a while back .

He certainly made up for it with this article.
    Wasn't Aswell the one that wrote the article saying Tech should go back to FCS?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Wasn't Aswell the one that wrote the article saying Tech should go back to FCS?
    Yes, he is. Everything he writes is with background and opinions. A columnist you don't always agree with. But, there are just as many times you do agree.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

I notice that was written by Tom Aswell. I thought he was a writer for the Advocate. That was really good. I may send a copy of it to a Tech alum/Big LSU Fan that lives in BR.
    When I was at Tech in the late 60's, I would visit fraternity brothers from Baton Rouge and other places in South Louisiana. Never could find any coverage of Tech. Had to really look with a microscope to even find scores on games. No radio coverage or internet, so there was always literally a blackout on Tech coverage.

Varsity Bulldog Festus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really nice

Clicked on over to the advocate's sports page... saw a Tech player....looks like tech is getting coverage. Instead, a lazy link to latechsports.com
    http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/15...s-into-ncaa-ba

So finally, The Advocate has posted an article about Louisiana's presence in the College Baseball Regionals and included Louisiana Tech. A coincident after Louisiana Voice shamed them? Call me cynical, but I think not.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/15954229-123/rod-walker-five-schools-lsu-ul-lafayette-tulane-southeastern-and-louisiana-tech-give-the-ncaa-base#comments

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Advocrap has something besides Obits?

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    If you look for more on Louisiana politics than you'll find on TV and most print media, you probably know about Louisiana Voice. This afternoon they called out "The Advocate" on behalf of Louisiana Tech Baseball (and our university and conference). If you haven't seen it, you should. And so:

I pick up a copy of the Advocate, especially their Sunday edition, from time to time and actually they do not give any coverage to Grambling, Tech, ULM, or NWLa. Its as if no one up here even exists. It appears they just ceded this part of the state to Shreveport Times and Monroe News Star.

+ Reply to Thread