+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me analyze this regional....

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Re: Help me analyze this regional....

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    We get HUGE leads at first and it has allowed us to steal a lot of bases. Getting picked off at second by a throw from the catcher = napping.

My guess is Diehl Friday and Sutton Saturday.
    I can live with a runner being thrown out at 2b or 3b...I really dislike being picked off by a pitcher on his move. Just kills the momentum...
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I can live with a runner being thrown out at 2b or 3b...I really dislike being picked off by a pitcher on his move. Just kills the momentum...
    Our runner was picked off by a catcher, not thrown out. He went to sleep. Same guy got picked off on 1st. Not his day on the bases.

I love a good move to first by a pitcher...absolutely love that part of the game. Again, we stole many bases this year because of big leads. Our % had to be way on the positive side. I only remember a few pick offs.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Our runner was picked off by a catcher, not thrown out. He went to sleep. Same guy got picked off on 1st. Not his day on the bases.

I love a good move to first by a pitcher...absolutely love that part of the game. Again, we stole many bases this year because of big leads. Our % had to be way on the positive side. I only remember a few pick offs.
    I think we had 2 against FAU and 1 against Charlotte...just seems like a lot, guess that's part of being aggressive.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

www.casadice.com

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I think we had 2 against FAU and 1 against Charlotte...just seems like a lot, guess that's part of being aggressive.
    Two on the same guy in the same game. Asleep on both. Thrown out on first by the pitcher...leaning too far. Then thrown out by the catcher after taking too much lead on 2nd and dragging around getting back to 2nd. Both were base running errors not great plays by the defense.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

The Big West Conference has 3 teams in the NCAA tournament. In addition to the Cal State Fullerton Titans who won the regular season title and the auto-bid, the Dirtbags of Long Beach State and the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos were selected as at-large teams. The 12 team C-USA had 4 selections (33%). The 9 team Big West had 3 selections (33%).

Boxer, here's some more help in analyzing the regional matchup. According to Yogi Berra - It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.

Although I agree with Yogi, I predict that the team not losing their last game will win the regional. That could be the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs.

In other news, I am not able to make it to Starkville. If our DAWGS win and USL wins, I will try to make one game in the super-regionals.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Does SEMO have a stud pitcher?
    Yes, they have a stud left hander that will be on the mound against MSU. They also swing the bats very, very well.

Big Dog TrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant futureTrueBulldog1962 has a brilliant future

We can't get picked off once on the bases. We lead the conference tourney in errors and I bet led it in runners being picked off. If we can cut down on both and our bats stay hot, we can make a run. I wonder if he is going to go with Diehl on Friday or Sutton...Sutton is our #1 guy for sure.
    Goff said yesterday they would take a look at the Fullerton lineup to determine who starts. If it is lefty dominant they will go with Diehl and if its righty dominant they will go with Sutton. I'd like to go with Diehl game one against a weaker offensive team. I feel like Sutton can go in and beat MSU. He isn't over powering, but flat out knows how to pitch.

Two on the same guy in the same game. Asleep on both. Thrown out on first by the pitcher...leaning too far. Then thrown out by the catcher after taking too much lead on 2nd and dragging around getting back to 2nd. Both were base running errors not great plays by the defense.
    Can't have many of these at this time of the year. Can't "give" the defense outs. I hope we worked on that the last few days. I'm so pumped that we are in a regional.

www.casadice.com

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    Yes, they have a stud left hander that will be on the mound against MSU. They also swing the bats very, very well.
    That makes things more interesting. It would be nice for Miss State to lose game one and be on their heels the rest of the tournament. Even nicer if we could win the first one and be matched up with SEMO in the second game. If that's the scenario, would we save Sutton for game 3?
    Have you considered those Dogs?

That makes things more interesting. It would be nice for Miss State to lose game one and be on their heels the rest of the tournament. Even nicer if we could win the first one and be matched up with SEMO in the second game. If that's the scenario, would we save Sutton for game 3?
    I wouldn't try to save anyone in any game. If you win the first two you're in the championship, and have to be beat twice. In Game 1 if we can hand the ball to Harris in the 6th with a lead, I will be rather joyous.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

There would be some serious meltdown going on in the crowd if that happened. It would be hilarious!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't try to save anyone in any game. If you win the first two you're in the championship, and have to be beat twice. In Game 1 if we can hand the ball to Harris in the 6th with a lead, I will be rather joyous.
    I'm thinking about State's pitching depth verses ours. To me, if we can win game 1 and game 2 is against SEMO, I'm saving my best pitcher for game 3. That's unless SEMO has more than one stud pitcher.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking about State's pitching depth verses ours. To me, if we can win game 1 and game 2 is against SEMO, I'm saving my best pitcher for game 3. That's unless SEMO has more than one stud pitcher.
    This might be the best Ms. State team since the Clark/Palmero teams according to the Starkville beat writer. (and may be better than those teams).

Goff said yesterday they would take a look at the Fullerton lineup to determine who starts. If it is lefty dominant they will go with Diehl and if its righty dominant they will go with Sutton. I'd like to go with Diehl game one against a weaker offensive team. I feel like Sutton can go in and beat MSU. He isn't over powering, but flat out knows how to pitch.
    Top of the order looked like this last weekend

L
    R
    L
    R
    L
    R

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

it's a regional - our first in 29 years

You go ALL IN on every game
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread