+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Couple of Things...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

A Couple of Things...

...that should be noted.

1. Us getting in the tournament should have never been compared to the Indy Bowl Fiasco, but many of our fans and Tech haters used it, "remember the 9-2 season..."

2. Comparisons to this team and Goff's 2013 Campbell team are not at all similar. His 2013 team had a 42 RPI (Boyds World) and a 38 RPI (Warren Nolan) while we were 31 in both. Although they were 49-10 they had the 237 schedule in the nation. They had one game (loss to NCSt) against a top 50 team. They were 9-11 against top 100. Tough deal for that Campbell team, but the comparisons to this LaTech team are not close.

The drama was created by the media. It was not fair to our team or our fans to compare the two.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: A Couple of Things...

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    ...that should be noted.

1. Us getting in the tournament should have never been compared to the Indy Bowl Fiasco, but many of our fans and Tech haters used it, "remember the 9-2 season..." .
    Who did that?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

The truth is: we competed quite well in one of the best conferences in the country. Miss State is the giant in the brawl but we've been known to carry a few stones. I don't know much about SEMO but I won't be shocked if they give State a game. Ultimately, resiliency will win the prize (athletic competitiveness and psychological composure). We're scrappy enough to where I don't think anybody in the field will look beyond us.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Who did that?
    A couple of tweets I saw yesterday. Gen Xers.

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    A couple of tweets I saw yesterday. Gen Xers.
    While it is not a true analogy, it seems like every single time our chances have been left up to some committee's decision since I began at Tech in 1997... we've gotten screwed. Not one but three I-Bowls, 2005 season. The MBB snubs and crappy seeding when we even made the NIT. Except for maybe one season in the early 2000's when WBB made a tourney on a coin-flip type season, I can't think of even one instance where we haven't been hosed. Even this being a #3 seed against a worse RPI #2 seed.

So... look at it from the perspective of someone who has only been around the last 20 or fewer years. Our 1985 MBB would have been like a 10 seed with our fortune over the past years.

+ Reply to Thread